Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Jerry Golden 19-17-02 BBC

Author Topic: Jerry Golden 19-17-02 BBC
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If two sides are at war, and the media only listen to the views of one side, the end result is a propoganda exercise. The BBC don't get 'paid off' by anyone.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had trouble following the pronouns...who is "it, they,we"?
Subj: For those in the Europe
Date: 10/17/02 9:36:50 AM Central Daylight Time
To: in_israel144@hotmail.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Jerry Golden "REPORT"
P.O. Box 10268
Jerusalem 91102 Israel

10-16-02

I could write a long explanation of why these Palestinians should not be given Israeli Press credentials, but I think you can think of a few dozen yourself. But this BBC Bureau Chief is either from another planet or paid off by Arafat. One thing for certain he is no friend to Israel.

I got this report from Gamla, hope they don't mind my using it.

Shalom, jerry golden

BBC's Mideast Bureau Chief Calls for Boycott of Sharon

By Sharon Sadeh, Ha'aretz Correspondent Ha'aretz 17 October 2002

The BBC's Middle East bureau chief Andrew Steele has asked BBC London to boycott Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's bureau, not to ask Sharon's people for any comments or reactions and to interview only Foreign Ministry officials, because of what he says is the government's refusal to give press accreditation to Palestinians employed by the BBC.

In an internal memorandum to BBC producers, Steele said, "The Israeli government is withholding press accreditation from Palestinians working for the BBC, as part of a long war of attrition between the Prime Minister's Bureau and the foreign media. It is difficult to find appropriate ways of retaliation without losing our journalistic objectivity. Except for one thing - I would like to deprive the prime minister's spokesmen of their platform. Until we resolve this, I would appreciate it if any guest bookers would approach Foreign Ministry officials only - Gideon Meir, Arye Mekel, Mark Sofer and others - and not Ra'anan Gissin, Dori Gold etc. who work for Sharon."

BBC management sources said Thursday, "We always aim to cover the Middle East conflict in a fair and balanced way. The BBC and other media in Israel are currently looking to resolve the issues with the Israeli government regarding the press accreditation."

The spokesman of the Israeli Embassy in London said Israel regards this request with severity and that "this behavior is not surprising."

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement