Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Teens arrested for beating 15 calves with baseball bats in Wa. state

Author Topic: Teens arrested for beating 15 calves with baseball bats in Wa. state
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ntercesser, this is one of the sickest crimes I have come across.
I just don't know why anyone would take in their minds to kill (with a bat) a farmers calfs?

What is the motive?

Why was your calf killed?

I just wish Jesus would come and take us outta here! [tears] [tears] [tears]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how utterly sick!

coming from cattle-ranching, USA that kind of hits home. Especialy because a 4 month old calf of mine got slaughter in the pasture by some people. I won't go into details, but we know it was people, because both back femurs were broken in half, the tail area (including the tail) were missing and all internal organs gone. The most obvious clue was the fact that there was no blod found.

Never underestimate the degree of sickness that Satan can inspire.

Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Second calf attack suspect jailed in Washington State
Mon Oct 7 21:12:53 2002

Source: http://www.heraldnet.com/Stories/02/10/5/15908435.cfm

By Katherine Schiffner Herald Writer

MONROE -- Deputies arrested a 14-year-old boy Friday who is accused of helping beat 15 calves to death at a Monroe dairy farm.

Eighteen other Holstein calves were injured Aug. 29 at the Werkhoven Dairy Farm in the Tualco Valley south of Monroe. One of the injured calves had to be euthanized.

It's the second arrest in a case that Snohomish County law enforcement has called one of the worst instances of animal cruelty in years.

The 14-year-old was arrested at Monroe Junior High School at around 2 p.m. Friday, Snohomish County sheriff's spokeswoman Jan Jorgensen said.

"I'm very, very happy about that," said Andy Werkhoven, who owns the dairy with his brother, Jim. "We've been convinced the whole time that it was not one person."

Deputies arrested and released the teen in August, but have since developed more information in the case, Jorgensen said, declining to elaborate.

The teen's shoes, which were examined by deputies the day after the crime, match the tread of shoeprints found at the scene and had cow manure on the bottom, according to court records.

The boy claimed he had witnessed Kevin Broers, 19, beat the cows with a baseball bat, court documents state.

Broers, who lived across the road from the Werkhoven farm, has been charged with three counts each of first-degree animal cruelty and third-degree burglary, plus one count of first-degree malicious mischief. He faces nearly five years in prison if convicted.

Andy Werkhoven said Friday he still does not understand why anyone would harm the calves.

"What bothers me most is the senselessness of it all," he said. "It's just as baffling to me today as the day it happened."

Werkhoven bred the calves for dairy production and valued the loss at more than $10,000. Most of the calves were 3 to 4 months old.

He said dairy farmers, including one from Oregon, have donated six calves to the Werkhoven farm.

"That was extremely kind of them -- a lot kinder than they needed to be," Andy Werkhoven said. "They need those animals just as much as we do."

The 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of seven counts of animal cruelty, seven counts of burglary and one count of first-degree malicious mischief and booked into the Denney Juvenile Justice Center in Everett.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement