Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Big Brother's national ID card

Author Topic: Big Brother's national ID card
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been chewwed on before, but ANYTIME the Government wants to come up with ideas about a complete national data-base you can bet your socks that more of your privacy is lost.Soon you will have absolutely no privacy at all and this once upon a time Government of the people, will have ALL your history, right down to when you do your abolutions, and how long you take.

Yes Kindgo, the end times are surly here.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a related story, Popular Science has an update on the Jacobs family--the first family to be implanted with a chip. They make it sound just so peachy-keen... [uhoh]

--------------------------------------------------

Putting a computer chip under your skin makes for better medicine, says America's first family of ID implantation.

On May 10, the Jacobs family of Boca Raton, Florida, became America's first digital guinea pigs: Each got a rice-size ID called a VeriChip implanted in their arm. Why? We recently caught up with the family to find out.

Popular Science How'd you become interested in the VeriChip?

Derek Jacobs I've been in the emergency room with my dad when he's in too much pain to answer questions. The chip stores his entire medical history.

PS What was the procedure like?

Leslie Jacobs It's just like getting a shot. It takes seconds.

PS What does it feel like?

Jeffrey Jacobs It feels like a BB under the surface of your skin.

PS Any side effects?

JJ None. It's made of biocompatible materials. Scar tissue forms around it.

PS Where can you get scanned?

LJ Nowhere yet, although 14 or 15 local hospitals are considering it. It's like the first fax machine—you have one, but no one else does, so you can't use it.

PS What do you think of plans to incorporate GPS?

JJ Daniel Pearl would have certainly benefited, as would abducted children.

PS Any Big Brother worries?

DJ No. You decide to get the chip implanted and what details go on it.

JJ And it can't be stolen or lost. It's a lot more secure than a credit card.

Jacobs family

--------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I wish I could remember the exact quote made by Vladimir Lenin (I think it was). It went something like, "If you want to control the people, control their medicine."

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if you have a commercial drivers license, your already part of a national database registry. My husband and I have had commerical Dl's since the 80's and they are linked nationally... if we lose it one state we can't get it in another. Here is SD they do not yet have prints or retinal scans ... but I am sure they will; and if we refuse... we lose the liscense and if we lose the liscense.. we lose the ability to work.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the other day this thought came to me. i bet we're gonna get these national i.d. cards and then people will lose them or get them stolen and there will be all types of identity theft through them. after a bit of that people will demand to be chipped. quite interesting.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've already got driver's licenses like that in TX, and they've got 'em in CA, too. I don't know about other states. They've got a magnetic strip on the back, like a credit card has, that contains your thumbprint, and driving record. Probably other stuff, too, but that's all I know for sure.

You know, there's nothing wrong with being fingerprinted...even if you've never been a criminal. When I was a kid, the local police had a booth set up at the county fair to get kids fingerprinted, in case they were ever kidnapped. I was fingerprinted that day, and no government official has ever come taken me away from my family. Of course, I guess you would say that it's a good thing I didn't turn to a life of crime, or they would have me for sure, since they have my fingerprints, but you're complaining about them having fingerprints of people that aren't criminals. I'm glad the Lake Jackson and Brazoria County police have my fingerprints. If I ever go missing, they'll have one more way to track my abductor and identify me. And you can bet that I'll be touching everything I can get my fingers on. [Smile] And, probably, knowing that they could id me most likely kept me on the straight and narrow all these years. [thumbsup]

I absolutely see where you're going about the mark creeping up on us slowly, but even so, I'm sure that as soon as someone says, "Here, now, do you want me to put it on your hand or your forehead?" I'll be out of there quick as a flash. "...So as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is happening quickly isn't!!
I am so excited by all these things. Just means my Jesus is all hte closer to coming for me!!
PTL!!!

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 20 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please stop confusing the issue Kindgo. We've all just dumped our credit cards, and now we've got to sell our cars too!
(sorry ... couldn't resist it ... I really tried!)
[Kiss]

Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Kindgo,

We are fast approaching the Day of the LORD,

HEB 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another] : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A national Identification card — complete with biometic identifiers, such as fingerprints or retinal scans — is coming. Only it's not being called that. House Resolution 4633 — the Driver's License Modernization Act of 2002 — would effectively create a national ID if it's passed. The bill would require each state to adopt a uniform standard for driver's licenses and link their motor vehicle databases to a central computer registry. H.R. 4633 would "amend title 23, United States Code, to establish standards for state programs for the issuance of drivers' licenses and identification cards, and for other purposes." It would make use of "encoded biometric data matching the holder of the license or card." In other words, American citizens who have never committed any crime would be subject to fingerprinting (or something similar, such as a retinal scan) and compelled to carry a card with an embedded computer chip containing reams of personal information.
What the legislation calls for is, in fact, a national ID card that every adult American would effectively be forced to carry. The only way to opt out would be to give up one's driver's license — something that is not practical in an era when, outside of major cities, being able to drive is a necessity without which one cannot secure or maintain employment. And like the now-ubiquitous Social Security number — which, recall, was "never to be used for identification purposes," but which is now almost impossible to conduct any business without — the coming national ID/driver's license will almost certainly become an item without which one cannot open a bank account, obtain a credit card, purchase a car or home, and so on.
As Eric Skrum of the National Motorists Association put it recently: "Ultimately, anybody in any state with a card reader would be able to look up your personal driving record, credit rating, Social Security number, health information, personal address, and anything else the government would force you to divulge in order to 'voluntarily' obtain a driver's license."
They can call it whatever they want, but the end result will be the same. This bill should be rejected as being incompatible with a free society.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement