Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The 666 Mark Marches Forward

Author Topic: The 666 Mark Marches Forward
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol...HFHS, did you notice that BHL is from Texas? South Dakota isn't any more west than we are. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] We drive more pickups than cars here, carry our guns on racks in the back window, have churches and leave our garage doors up, too. We're not so different down here.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Wesley's Explanatory Notes on the Whole Bible

But he that had the mark, namely, the name of the first beast, or the number of his name - The name of the beast is that which he bears through his whole duration; namely, that of Papa or Pope: the number of his name is the whole time during which he bears this name. Whosoever, therefore, receives the mark of the beast does as much as if he said expressly, "I acknowledge the present Papacy, as proceeding from God;" or, "I acknowledge that what St. Gregory VII. has done, according to his legend, (authorized by Benedict XIII.,) and what has been maintained in virtue thereof, by his successors to this day, is from God." By the former, a man hath the name of the beast as a mark; by the latter, the number of his name. In a word, to have the name of the beast is, to acknowledge His papal Holiness; to have the number of his name is, to acknowledge the papal succession. The second beast will enforce the receiving this mark under the severest penalties. (John Wesley, Explanatory Notes on the Whole Bible, Revelation 13:17)

IN MINE APPROACH I LEAN TOURS THIS STATEMENT THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

BRINGING OUT THE BEAUTY STEADFASTLY

Thank You
Love in Christ [Cross]
MAC

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

PS 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

[Lighthouse]
Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW THATS WHAT I CALL IN THE MOVE !!

SHE REALY CAN PUT ON SOME STYLE

[Big Grin] WELL MY DEAR SISTER IF YOU KEEP GROVING LIKE THAT, YOU WILL BE DANCING YOU WAY UP TO HEAVEN [thumbsup]

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BHL:
I see ya havent been out west. We drive with our guns mounted on racks in our pickups. We have the largest number of pickups here per capita than any other place in the world, by the way. Many of our kids learn to use a riffle before they go to school. It is a necesscity when the cyotes attack your calves!

I moved here from the big city, at least big to me... I grew up in Tampa, but I was sitting downtown one day and this pick up pulled up next to me, the man got out... cowboy boots, hat, jeans... carrying his riffle. He walked into the shop just down the block. I couldnt help but chuckle... that is a normal site in these parts, but I thought to myself... If I had seen that in Tampa, I would have had to decide whether to look for cover or a police officer [Smile]

Most everyone has a gun here. But you know what we sleep with our doors unlocked at night. I go to town and leave my doors unlocked and my garage door up. On any given night you can find couples walking safely down the street in town. Parents let their children walk to the store.

But we also have more churches than bars here. We do not have an x rated theater or book store and you would have to drive almost 70 miles to find the only one for 400 miles! We say the name of Jesus in public prayer, the Bible is quoted in public memorial assemblies, by our Governor, we pledge alegence to the flag one nation under God at football games, the school children sing songs of praise at school music programs. The local businesses know their teen employees will be unavailable for work on wednesday nights and Sunday mornings and they dont even ask them to work those days.

We still eat meat, log trees, and sell fur here too and we like it that way. When you enter South Dakota from the east you can actually see billboards that tell you that logging, hunting, and cattle are a way of life here... if ya dont like it you dont have to stay!

The wealthiest man in town drives a 4x4 crew cab dully not a mercedes, and he wears blue jeans not a suit and tie.

The west is still a rebellious and spirited lot too... just didnt want the south to get too much credit... Kindgo might get a big head! [happy]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeschooler, you made me think about what I have heard many say for years , the only thing holding back a one world system is the American way of life and thought. Especially the south, the south still has a strong independent spirit. It is primarily the southern states that oppose gun legislation, and while I maintain that a child of GOD be non violent, I do understand what will happen when guns are removed from the American citizens. Other dictatatorships have all done the same things. People can not be allowed to fight back.

America has to be brought to her knees for the anti-Christ to take over and set up his one world system.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Maybe it is because my husband spent 26 years of his life as a European that I understand this comment by Listner. My husband grew up in Germany, the son of an american military officer, but raised not in military seclusion but on the economy and in German school not school for american children in germany. My husband's picture of the world situation and the plight of the people of the world is much more rounded and true than mine, my having lived in the shelter of american society my whole life.

I think Listner has seen things that we are oblivious to in our comphy day to day lives here. I know this has been the case with my husband and it has given me some perspective on what we take for granted.

Anyway, Listner you said:

"see a little American schizophrenia in your arguments. yes, you are all going to shout at me so i'll resist, a little, but you can't insist on keeping your individual liberties over there, and expect the rest of the world to put up with what you think is appropriate or convenient.
one moment the UN is quoted to reinforce your arguments, and then it's to be ignored because you disagree."

We have enjoyed civil liberties that the rest of the world does not know; we do have a lifestyle here that is blessed beyond belief over what much of the world standard of living is, and yes we have pretty much called the shots for ourselves militarily in the world scene. But more important than what we expect that we will be able to continue to do in the future... is why one contry and one people have been given such grace and why that grace is fast coming to an end.

We have enjoyed blessing and riches that no other country in the world has ever known because we had at the heart of our government and our societial view the Bible and we have been a blessing to Israel. Today America's heart has turned its back to God and trys to ride the fence on the issue of Israel. We have been moving down the road of secular humanism for the past 200 years and we are now reaping what we have sown.

You are right Listener, our rights and individual freedoms are going out the door in the name of such wonderful appearing causes as global warming, resource conservation, public safety, human rights, women's rights, religious unity and tolerance and any number of other issues of world concern.

It all looks good on the surface and touts wonderful rhetoric that you could be marked as schizophrenic or worse for not buying into, but at the heart of all of it is one agenda and that is the agenda of an enemy that seeks to set himself above God... an enemy that says man and man's rules and man's ways, man's treaties, man's resolutions,man's intelligence, man's wisdom, and man's knowledge and understanding are the answer. Man can solve his own problems, and the Bible teaches we cannot we need God.

But this battle... this distress we see here around the globe is just a one demensional picture of a SPIRITUAL battle in an unseen world.

Resolutions will not bring peace; mandates will not curb exploitation of resources and the poor; digital tracking divices will stop children from being abused and molested; legeslation will not stop the murder of unborn babies, and national ID cards will not stop people from suicide bombings.... there is only one answer for all of these woes and it is Jesus Christ. And all of these previously mentioned solutions provide us with a false sense of control and security and are but distractions to keep our minds from the REAL TRUTH.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok. i won't have a chip, and if American Express contact me i'll let them know that we have rumbled them.
in the meantime, thanks for the kiss.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Listener I think this is what you missd:

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey listener,
It does not suprise me that you would have no problem taking a chip.

This is not the Mark of the Beast,YET, but it is the technology that he will most likely use to control the whole world.

The Bible says who ever takes the Mark will be lost forever.
You see I am not twisting scriptures to fit current events, current events are fitting the scriptures.

The weather is raining in Florida today [Kiss]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so i did miss something .. the point.
this is a similar argument to identity cards. most european countries have them. the UK hasn't as civil liberty groups think they encroach upon our freedoms.
i see a little American schizophrenia in your arguments. yes, you are all going to shout at me so i'll resist, a little, but you can't insist on keeping your individual liberties over there, and expect the rest of the world to put up with what you think is appropriate or convenient.
one moment the UN is quoted to reinforce your arguments, and then it's to be ignored because you disagree.
we are on the 'End Time' slot here, and the great danger must be that those who believe the 'end is nigh' are making their biblical interpretations fit the plot.
the advancement in technology with credit cards is usually to counter the criminal fraternity. if they want to 'chip' me and everyone else, so that terrorist can be instantly located, then that's fine.
i hope the weather is good in Florida!
God Bless you all.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point lost,

People have things in their mind, and the variations are endless.

But with the technology to put 20,000 pages of information on a computer chip smaller than a grain of rice, .......

I am a pre-triber, but let us understand one thing GOD is still in control. We only know in part and things are still unfolding.

Do not try to put GOD in a box.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the question is: do we have to exchange all countries currency into a single unified currency when it's all going to be digital anyway? i say no. i see this when i purchase vinyl records from overseas. i live in america and transact on u.s. dollars. however i order stuff on-line in the form of euros, pounds, yen, or what have you. the banks just do the calculations for me and it shows up on my credit card statment. i don't believe we'll ever see a one-world currency, but then possibly. i just don't think it's absolutely necessary. [Smile]

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

THANK YOU

I GOT THIS ONE ON BBS BARBER SHOP/STYLIST [Big Grin]

I REALLY DON'T GIVE TOO MUCH INTO IT KINDGO BECAUSE I AM NOT GOING TO BE HERE TO SEE IT.

YES I AM AWARE OF THE COMING END, BUT MY REALLY CONCERNS IN THAT I AM A CHILD OF GOD AND TRY TO CONTINUE IN OBEDIENCE.

HEY LAURA WELCOME TO THE FASTEST GROWING STATION

BRINGING OUT THE BEAUTY STEADFASTLY

Thank You
Love in Christ [Cross]
MAC

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

PS 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

[Lighthouse]
Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

--------------------

Laura
Advanced Member
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always find discussion of the end times interesting. There are so many versions of what is to come, how can one know what is to happen?? There is only one answer. The Bible doesn't change. It's words have endured the test of time. Versions have come about to make understanding easier, but I have found to simply pray before I read. If the answer is there and God wants me to know it, He gives it to me. If not, I know it's something that I don't need to know at that point and time. These "smart cards" are a good convienence and may very well be used in the wrong way, but they do not exchange all monies for one currency as of yet. That has not been an issue. These smart cards would indeed make it easier in the process however, so we are always to be aware and ready for the coming of the Lord. [Big Clap]
Posts: 26 | From: east TN | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mac, Love your new look! [Kiss]

I believe the spirit of antichrist is alive and well in our world. Sin is flourishing everywhere.
How else can anyone explain all the children that are going missing?

Everything is lining up for the Antichrist to take control of every person on the earth.

No one will be able to buy or sell without his mark.
This technolog is just what he will use for the mark, to know what people are doing anytime he chooses. [uhoh]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow; this most be satans work and then!

He is getting into peoples mind and making them to kidnap them for his kingdom?

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

The technology is here for the anti-Christ to set up his kingdom.

My son-in-law and a man that I am in fellowship with are both veterinarians, we have often talked about this subject. Veterinarians have for about the last 10 years been placing these computer chip in animals such as race horses and the like that cost great sums of money, that need to be able to be tracked.

The news media is being used to get people ready for the chip. Does any one remember how long they have been putting children faces on milk cartons. Statistics show that for the last 8 to 10 years 800,000 (that is 800 thousand)
Children every year goes missing.

How come it has been just since September 11, 2001, every time you turn on a TV or a radio you hear about another child that has gone missing.

I believe it is because they want to create fear in the mind of people,

Create a problem and then give a solution

If children and adults had this chip, they can track them from 22,500 miles in the air. No money would have to be expended to find someone with law enforcement. Dead or alive, that chip will allow them to put their hand on the missing person as quickly as calling to confirm subscription to a satellite cable TV

Check with car dealers, most new cars come equipped with a chip to locate a stolen car.

Same technology ,

Smaller than grain of rice, and will hold 20,000 pages of documentation on each individual that receives the chip.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Yes, even 50 years ago the technology was not fully developed to allow the contol of all buying and selling. Today it is here; animals could be implanted with chips to know where they go. In the cashless society the chip will allow for the inventory control of products as well as the record keeping of al who do buy and sell, as well as the issuance of currency in the first place.

No chip no work; no work; no funds; no funds; no food.

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

50 years ago the technology was not fully developed to allow people to be located to pin point precision anywhere on the globe. Today this exists.

50 years ago we did not know how the 2 dead witnesses could be seen by the whole world as they lie dead on the streets of Jerusalem. Today that technology exists.

Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the problem isn't with having money or credit cards in our wallet. the whole point is that the next step in the progression is upon us. first it went from goods (bartering system) to hard currency. then hard currency to checks. then checks to credit cards that you had to swipe and do all that stuff with. now from credit cards that you have to manually swipe to credit cards with smart chips with radiofrequencies. what's the next logical step? people will be too lazy to hold their cards up for the radiofrequency and then they get the brilliant idea to just chip people cuz it'll be easier. then we have the mark of the beast problem. the devil isn't dumb enough to just the throw the idea out there out of nowhere. it's implemented very subtly that when peeps start realizing it, it's already too late. hopefully that clears anything up. i found the article to be quite interesting.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 6 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to say this ... i know i'm going to endure earthquakes, hailstones and harsh words from sunny Florida, but i can't see the difference between us all having credit cards or money in our pockets. did i miss something?
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Nearing Midnight, Rapture Ready
By Todd,

I’m constantly receiving emails from people who located news articles that describe some new advancement in technology that will someday lead to a global financial system.

Political, economic, and military events may be difficult to predict, but there is no mystery about technology. It has been following a steady pattern of rapid development for several decades now.

The most interesting news came from the Visa credit card company. The firm said that it plans to set up a new system that uses smart cards fitted with radio-frequency chips that will allow people to conduct a transaction, such as paying a subway fare or buying a soda, without having to fish for change or swipe a credit card.

Visa, which will install the first such system in South Korea, says wireless smart cards have the potential to make life easier for a range of users, such as commuters, who could use a card to pay their fare at subway turnstile instead of standing in line to buy a token. People would hold the card--or phone or other device containing a card--within about 10 centimeters of a terminal, which would use wireless transmissions to send payment information.

The new smart cards will use wireless chips that conform to an international wireless standard. Companies can work with Visa to add similar capabilities to their handheld devices, such as cell phones, Visa said.

The credit card company says it will use wireless smart cards as part of a larger effort to allow its customers to carry out transactions more easily and more securely.

"Visa's vision of universal commerce, or u-commerce, enables people to decide when, where and how to make a payment," Sue Gordon-Lathrop, Visa's vice president for emerging consumer environments, said in a statement. "This latest effort and other compelling initiatives tied to chip and magnetic stripe technologies move us closer to our goal of displacing cash."

Visa sees a wide range of potential uses for smart cards as Americans overcome their preference for cold cash; these include paying for parking, buying gas at a service station and getting a snack at a vending machine. Each transaction can be set up to follow a typical payment process, with cardholders providing a signature or personal identification number to verify their identify, if necessary.

Philips Semiconductors, which manufactures a wide range of chips that go into smart cards, believes that wireless smart cards have great potential because of their low cost and convenience.

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six” (Rev 13:16-18).

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement