Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » coming war is the US against the world, right?

Author Topic: coming war is the US against the world, right?
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ntercesser, your right we (the USA) can be hurt, we are the big super power of the world right now, but that can't last.

America is not metioned in the Bible propheices at all that I can find. I believe that America has to fall from its super power statas, in order for the Antichrist to come to his power of the whole world.
I wonder if it will be the rapture that takes us out? I hope so and not acts of war.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we are invicible and we can very easily be hurt. (Maybe if we, the U.S., were walking completely upright, then maybe) How ever it goes, i pray that God's Will be done. If that means a certain number will die... God knows best. I would be, and am, sad to see it get to this, but we are yet another day and another sign closer to the second coming.
Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do know that this coming war is the US against the world, right?
Consider this...

In {theoretical} chronological order:

1.] U.S. attacks Iraq

2.] Innocent civilians that Saddam puts in harm's way are killed

3.] Everyone --from the U.N. to Amnesty International to China-- launches an investigation and they file complaints against the U.S. in whatever way possible

4.] No excuses are accepted by the world

And why aren't any excuses accepted?? SIMPLE...

Because --as it now stands-- even Canada is saying they will NOT stand with America on this Iraq attack! And UN Sec. Gen. Koffi Annon is adamant in his insistence that the US not carry out their threats.

At the same time, the US prez is doing his own insisting and saying that NOT ATTACKING IRAQ is not an option!

So, let's face it. It shan't be long before the US and the world are literally at war, however it is fought.

Does anyone here have any ideas how the world might possibly unite against the United States? What punishment they could possibly inflict or attempt to?? Or do y'all feel that we're so invincible and awesome that noone can harm us in any way, shape or form?

Below is the story from JerusalemPost's site re: Sec Gen Annon's upcoming General Assembly meeting discussing Pres Bush's decisions, etc...

Sep. 12, 2002
Annan to tell US at General Assembly: Don't attack Iraq
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

In an opening speech at today's UN General Assembly session UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan is expected to strongly oppose any unilateral US action against Iraq.

According to a text of his remarks released Wednesday night, Annan calls on Iraq to admit inspectors who have been banned for nearly four years or face any consequences the Security Council decides to impose.

UN officials said they released the secretary-general's speech early to emphasize the importance of his remarks and to keep it from "getting lost" in the coverage of Bush's remarks Thursday.

Bush is one of more than 50 presidents and prime ministers and over 125 foreign ministers scheduled to address the assembly during the high-level session, which ends Sept. 20.

With the international body operating under the highest threat level, security was tight and streets in New York City around UN headquarters were blocked by concrete barriers, city buses and trucks filled with sand.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satell...d=1031666154039

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement