Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Catholic-Jewish Statement Labeled a Blunder

Author Topic: Catholic-Jewish Statement Labeled a Blunder
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!

I don't think an apology is necessary for your comments Amber Catholocism is a cult. I am so frustrated by the fact that unsaved public does not know that the RCC is NOT THE CHURCH or the BRIDE of Christ!

I have met people who claim to be Born Again Catholics, but the more I study the more I do not even understand how that could be possible. I don't know how a born again person could remain in the cult that is the RCC.

But you point is good. They need Jesus just as do the rest of us. We must pray for opened eyes and ears in all the ranks of the RCC.

Sorry Barry if I got a bit off topic... [uhoh]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amber
Advanced Member
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think many Catholics today don't understand their own faith. I grew up Catholic, and before I met Jesus as my personal Savior, I didn't read the Bible, pray to God, or even think about the fact that following the Pope wasn't all that I thought it was. Some Catholics have thought it thru, and many do accept Jesus as their Savior, but not as many as you would think.

It doesn't suprise me though that Bishops now say Jews shouldn't be targeted for evangelism. The Catholic faith doesn't truely call for evangelism in any way. Why start with the Jews? I feel this is on reason why many Catholics who feel they are doing right, don't want to express their faith.

Jesus is the Jewish Messiah. Jews for Jesus is a great way for us to reach the average Jew. My church and I support them.

Catholics have more pressing problems following man than they would if they followed God.(Bishops, Pope, Preists, and so on) Sorry, but it's the truth. I don't mean to trash Catholics, I used to be one. They need Jesus just like the rest of us.

--------------------
But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Posts: 71 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joint Catholic-Jewish Statement Labeled a Blunder

By Chad Groening
August 21, 2002

(AgapePress) - An evangelical Christian leader says it is clear that America's Roman Catholic bishops have strayed away from their long-held belief on the uniqueness of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last week, American Catholic bishops -- along with leaders from both reformed and conservative Judaism -- issued a joint statement affirming that Jews should not be targeted for conversion to Christianity. David Brickner, executive director of Jews For Jesus, is deeply concerned about that statement. He says the Catholic leaders have erred.

"If Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah, then Christianity is just an opinion, a preference," Brickner says. "And I don't think that Catholics have thought of their faith as just one opinion -- so the bishops have strayed far."

And Brickner says this joint resolution should be a warning to evangelical Christians as well. He calls it "a cautionary tale," especially for those who have been thinking that a movement of reconciliation is possible.

Brickner believes there are many Catholics who believe in the uniqueness of Christ, and he thinks they should be appalled at how far their bishops have strayed from the once firmly held position of the church.

© 2002 AgapePress all rights reserved.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement