Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » MAPS: OLD ROMAN EMPIRE

Author Topic: MAPS: OLD ROMAN EMPIRE
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EU Defends Anti-US Policy
[Eek!]

Candidate-States Must Not Support US Re: World Court

Global Intelligence

8/14/2002 The European Union said recently that any prospective candidate for membership in the EU cannot be signatories to agreements excluding the United States from prosecution by the new international war crimes court set up by the UN. One of them, Romania, agreed this month not to turn over U.S. citizens to the new court. After that, the EU's executive commission asked other candidate nations to await an EU-wide decision on the U.S. request. The US State Department called it 'inappropriate'. The EU disagrees. Anybody else remember that the antichrist arises out of the revived Roman Empire, and demands the whole world be part of his political, economic and legal systems? Coincidence?

Nando Times

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
Advanced Member
Member # 227

Icon 16 posted      Profile for John146   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings this morning Kingo [Smile] Jesus Has Given us another day to proclaim His Name [Smile] !

I hope ya have a great day.

I don't have much time to write today but I wanted to tell ya...

That stamp the the EU chose as their stamp and the image that is on the money is Zeus (also known as Jupiter) and Europa. What is significant is that when Jesus Was Talking to the Church at Pergamos He Said, "I know you works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is." Rev. 2:13.

Why does He Just Throw that in? At Pergamos there was erected on a hill a great altar to zeus and if I understand it correctlty he was seated on a throne...

could it be??...stay Rapture Ready [Smile]

The U.S. is planning to go to war against Babylon (Iraq). Babylon is mentioned more than anyother part of the world in the Bible except Israel and it's there until the end...I sure am glad I'm in the Arms of the Savior.

Cya later,

Love,
kenny

--------------------
"I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by Me"-Jesus (John 14:6)
-----
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" John 3:36

Posts: 30 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revived Roman Empire, here we come!

Note that the area now occupied by Turkey was part of the the old Roman Empire!

Turkey takes major steps in bid to join the EU.
http://www.nj.com/newsflash/interna...h-international

Turkey's parliament abolishes death penalty, grants rights to Kurds in bid to join European Union

By SUZAN FRASER
The Associated Press
8/3/02 11:19 AM

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) -- Turkey's parliament abolished the death penalty and granted more rights to minority Kurds Saturday, taking a major step forward in its bid to join the European Union.

In a rowdy, all-night session, pro-EU legislators pushed through the legislation despite fierce opposition by nationalists -- the largest group in parliament but without a majority -- who are suspicious of the EU and say the reforms reward Kurdish rebels who waged a 15-year battle for autonomy in southeastern Turkey.

"Turkey has taken a giant step on the road to the EU," said Deputy Premier Mesut Yilmaz, whose party drafted the reform package.

The EU made abolishing the death penalty a condition for Turkey to join the group, while international groups have long lobbied for an end to restrictions on Kurdish education and language-use.

In Brussels, an EU statement welcomed the moves as "significant steps toward better protection of human rights and the rights of minorities in Turkey," but said it would carefully monitor their implementation.

The United States strongly supports the predominantly Muslim but secular nation's EU membership. Washington has touted NATO-member Turkey as a possible model for other Muslim states.

... The reforms will legalize long-banned TV and radio broadcasts in the Kurdish language and allow Kurdish and other regional dialects to be taught in special courses.

The package also lifts certain restrictions on the right to associate and form civic organizations, and imposes stricter penalties for human trafficking.

It allows non-Muslim minorities such as Greeks, Armenians and Jews greater rights over religious property.

European nations have been pressing Turkey to improve its much-criticized human rights record. The country has been dogged by accusations of torture in police stations and prisons.

Turkey does not recognize its 12 million Kurds as a minority, and they have long been denied cultural rights.

An EU summit in December was to decide on expanding the 15-nation bloc and could set a date for Turkey's entry talks.

"I expect the EU to now set a date for membership negotiations," said Tuncay Ozilhan, the head of the pro-EU business and industrialists group, TUSIAD.

Polls show most Turks favor EU membership.

But the nationalist party, which is a member of ailing Prime Minister Bulent Ecevit's coalition government, has resisted the reforms required, saying they would fuel the war by Kurdish rebels.

The debate has divided Ecevit's coalition, aggravating a government crisis that led to the calling of November elections, 18 months ahead of schedule.

The parliament debate, which began Friday and stretched into Saturday morning, became loud and angry.

"We won't let those terrorists left in the mountains come down to the city and participate in (language) courses," said nationalist lawmaker Bozkurt Yasar Ozturk. "Rather than putting out a fire, we're making it bigger."

The floor erupted into laughter when legislator Mustafa Gecer compared Turkey to a lovelorn lover.

"This EU whose door we wait at so adoringly -- will it ever return our love?" he said.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
Advanced Member
Member # 227

Icon 16 posted      Profile for John146   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[b] Amen brother. It is exciting. It should encourage us all the more to evangelize the world.

In the past God would judge an individual country such as Sodom and Gomorrah and destroy it
but now the kingdoms of the world have joined together in their wickedness just as He Said.

The walls of the Soviet block went down almost overnight. Changes of Biblical proportions making way for the revived Roman Empire and it coinsides with the ragathering of Israel, the pervasity of the lifestyles of Sodom and Gomorrah, the mindset of the days of Noah, when "Every thought of mans imagination was only evil continually," lawlessness, and great wealth existing with tremendous poverty.

And I think this is very significant:

The worldwide average for abortion is 1 baby murdered for every woman alive according to the Center for Bio-ethical Reform's Genocide Awareness Project. The number is mind boggling. Child molestors are increasing drastically worldwide. This is most significant because remember Jesus Said, "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little one for I tell you their angels always behold the face of My Father in Heaven." And all the judgments in the Revelations are poured out by angels.

And again, "When the Lord Jesus Christ Is Revealed from Heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and those who do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ," (2 Thess. 2:9).

The angels of children beholding the face of the Father, the evil carried out against children, and the angels sent in Judgment are closely connected.

--------------------
"I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by Me"-Jesus (John 14:6)
-----
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" John 3:36

Posts: 30 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey John,

I find it so exciting!! [spiny] It is Bible prophecy right before my eyes [Big Grin] I believe one day very soon we will be talkin to the OT saints,
exchanging our stories of what it was like 'to live in the days we do.' Surly the AC is alive and well somewhere out there just waiting to take his place... [mad2] May God have mercy!

The stage is set...

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

John146
Advanced Member
Member # 227

Haha I was just gonna show that site. heehe. That pretty interesting ain't it. I think the stamp is older than we think. But this may very well be the antichrist's kingdom we're seeing here.

--------------------
-----

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out! [uhoh] web page

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- & the modern countries in that area today
Ever wonder which modern-day countries the prophesied "Revived Roman Empire" may consist of?

Looks like the area now occupied by Turkey, Iraq, Jordan and Syria was part of the old Roman Empire - which is interesting - in light of our possible upcoming war against Iraq - and how the Middle East situation might change in the aftermath of that war.

(Notice that Babylon was part of the old Roman Empire.) Who knows? Those countries might at some point become associate or full members of the EU - a built-in supply of oil for the EU? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

THE OLD ROMAN EMPIRE

web page

-

-

web page web page

web page

This slightly old map that shows how the EU is expected to enlarge. Looking more and more like the Roman Empire, isn't it?

-

May 31 2002

EU hopefuls gather for summit...

... countries hoping to join the European Union (EU).

... seven countries actively preparing to enter the union: Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Bulgaria and Romania.

... countries hoping to join in a second wave of enlargement but not yet official candidates, namely Croatia, Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Moldava, Bosnia-Hercegovina and Macedonia.

Up to 10 countries are expected to join the EU as early as 2004.

EU officials have been conducting membership talks with Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Malta, Romania and Bulgaria.

Turkey has applied but has not yet been allowed to join formal entry talks because of EU concerns over its human rights record...

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement