Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Vatican compromises with Jews on Jesus, apolgizes for NT antisemetism

Author Topic: Vatican compromises with Jews on Jesus, apolgizes for NT antisemetism
John146
Advanced Member
Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kingo, the great apostasy is upon us. I've also read about a movement in Catholicism to Mary a co-redemptrix with Jesus. I went to a Catholic Church recently where I live in Alabama and there's was an advertisment on the bulletin board inviting people to a conference in the area. Where leaders from Hindu, Muslim, Buddist, and Christian traditions would meet.

Evidently they see the Jesus' Death and Resurrection as a tradition and consider Him "just one of the boys," this is absolutely blasphemous.

Wise Men Still Seek Him
<*{{{><
HE Is Alive!

--------------------
"I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by Me"-Jesus (John 14:6)
-----
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" John 3:36

Posts: 30 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/n...?artid=5649#top

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It follows the revelation last week that the Vatican’s top biblical scholars recently issued a report that for the first time in nearly 2,000 years apparently validates as legitimate the Jewish wait for the Messiah.

A 210-page document titled “The Jewish People and the Holy Scriptures in the Christian Bible,” by the Pontifical Biblical Commission and authorized by the Vatican’s top theologian, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, reportedly states that “the Jewish messianic wait is not in vain.”

It reportedly says Jews and Christians share their wait for the Messiah, although Jews are waiting for the first coming and Christians for the second.

The new document also reportedly contains an apology to the Jewish people for anti-Semitic passages contained in the New Testament, and also stresses the continuing importance of the Torah for Christians.

-==========================

Cardinal Ratzinger, by the way, is the current head of the Roman Catholic's "Holy Office of the Inquisition", now called the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement