Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Samantha Runyan

Author Topic: Samantha Runyan
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man Arrested in Samantha case!
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/19/gi...cted/index.html

SANTA ANA, California (CNN) -- A 27-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the kidnapping and killing of 5-year-old Samantha Runnion in California, the sheriff in charge of the case said Friday.

Alejandro Avila was arrested at 9:55 a.m. Friday, said Orange County Sheriff Michael Carona, who declined to say what possible charges, if any, Avila might face or to reveal any other details.

Carona said earlier Friday that authorities believed they were closing in on a possible arrest.

Overnight, authorities executed at least four search warrants. The searches included four vehicles, three of them matching the description of the car driven by Samantha's kidnapper, he said..

Carona said investigators obtained the warrants based on tips from the public and physical evidence found at both the crime scene in Stanton, where Samantha was kidnapped Monday evening, and the Riverside County site where the girl's body was found less than 24 hours later.

He denied that any of the men questioned in the case were in police custody.

CNN NewsPass VIDEO
The abduction and killing of 5-year-old Samantha Runnion has parents scared and extra cautious. CNN's Anne McDermott reports. (July 18)

"In some cases they're in their own homes, we just keep a watchful eye on them," the sheriff said. "But they know we're there.

Carona refused to say whether authorities had any DNA evidence that would identify the suspect, but noted there was a lot of physical and forensic evidence, including "identifying marks" that haven't been released to the public.

Carona had urged the public Thursday to continue phoning in tips, which he said were the best source of information investigators have in the case. He emphasized the reward in the case is up to $250,000.

More than 400 investigators on case
Samantha was snatched Monday as she played outside her home by a man in a car who said he was searching for his lost puppy. When Samantha expressed an interest, the man took her, kicking and screaming, and drove away.

Her naked body was found a day later in Riverside County, in plain view along a road to a popular hang-gliding spot, about 75 miles from where she was abducted. Authorities said the kidnapper spent several hours with her before sexually assaulting the girl and killing her.

More than 400 investigators have been working on her case, Carona said.

"We have received to this point in time over 1,000 leads from the public, and that's just at the task force," Carona said. "At our headquarters, the sheriff's headquarters, we probably have an equal number of leads that are being sifted through."

With the help of Samantha's 5-year-old playmate, who witnessed the abduction, police have described the kidnapper as Hispanic, 25 to 40 years old, with slicked-back hair and a thin mustache.

The abductor drove off in a light green, two-door car that may have been a Honda or an Acura, police believe.

Samantha's dad's plea to parents
On Thursday, the father of 5-year-old Samantha Runnion said he was "completely devastated" by her murder.

Derek Jackson, who has been living apart from the girl's mother, asked police to read a prepared statement for him.

"I loved her very much and I will miss her dearly. I had the most wonderful moments of my life while with her. She is such a sweet beautiful little girl and her love will live forever in my heart," the statement said.

He also urged parents everywhere to donate "whatever you have" to funds established for abducted children. And he implored them to go through role-playing and instruct their children how to respond when strangers approach

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[fie]
It's on fox right now...that the body of the child that was found last night is, indeed, Samantha!

I tell ya, if I ever saw this man.....well, I hope God would eventually forgive me for what I would do.

Just another reason to get the chip! [Confused]

And, the grandmother that was watching her is probably ready to shoot herself.

This is so sad.

[tears]
So sick of this... [uhoh]
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,57900,00.html

I just can't take hearing another story like this. I am boiling over right now
[mad2] [mad2]

"Where, O Death Is Now Thy Sting? Alleluia

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement