Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » What is the biggest problem the assembly of today faces the most?

Author Topic: What is the biggest problem the assembly of today faces the most?
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not my wish to make dissention in the ranks, but let's go back to the greatest target for abusing partners' funds - Benny Hinn.

I myself have seen programmes where he was accused of mismanaging funds and there were alleged documents to back up these statements, but frequently there are other mighty projects going on behind the scenes in these ministries that the public isn't aware of.

Mexico Update
Just a few years ago Pastor Benny and Suzanne Hinn had a vision to build homes for the unwanted, unloved children around the world. Soon after, My Father's House children's home was established in Manila, Philippines. With that burden for children in their hearts, a second My Father's House was planted in Tulancingo, Mexico. These homes have become more than a refuge for God's most precious treasures. They are homes where the children live and learn to love and be loved.

Apparently there is a My Father's House in Cambodia, but I couldn't get an update re that one.

The Missions of Mercy Hospital in Calcutta, Indian,is being supported by Benny Hinn Ministries. Their Ministry has opened and dedicated a Blind Children's Centre, which was made possible by partners' funds. The Ministry totally covers a free charitable care clinic in this hospital.

We hear about the millions and millions of dollars that are going into the Benny Hinn Ministry, but never hear about the thousands of dollars it takes to run these facilities.
Some of these stories may be true about Benny Hinn, but I like to look at the spiritual side of the man.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not say Money was the problem. But it can be when you use most of your time begging for it instead of preaching about Jesus whom can save your soul.

You are right. If you have it, you should give it away. But alot of the preachers begging for it, keep it in there pocket. Guess we know different preachers. Most of the ones I know that make MONEY a main theme want it for there own purposes not to help others. They may give thousands to help people. But they take in millions!

They will answer to God for this.

http://www.ministrywatch.com/mw2.1/pdf/MWDA_031204.pdf

I am so sick of hearing all the begging so preachers can support there HUGE church buildings and they set empty all week while people set out site in the cold.

People need to wake up and give there money to someone that will use it Gods way.

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
apathy

I think in most Churches people could care less about the person sitting next to them. You could disapear off the face of this planet and no one at your Church would notice. [crying]

A big, unfortunate, amen to that...  -

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apathy

I think in most Churches people could care less about the person sitting next to them. You could disapear off the face of this planet and no one at your Church would notice. [crying]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about hypocrisy?
It may not be THE biggest consideration, but it certainly is an extreme subject among believers who feel let down because leaders in their community turn out to be people other than whom they claimed to be - they literally do not pratice what they preach.

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It says the "love" of money is the root of all evil, not the money itself.

I voted doctrine, because it is the rejection of sound doctrine which has so much of the Church in a lukewarm condition, in the grip of apostasy. Sound doctrine is grounded in the Word and recognizes God's truth in relation to each of the categories listed.

2 Timothy 3:
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all due respect, money isn't the problem - using money as a god would be the problem.

The more you have, the more you have to give away. If you only have two nickels to rub together, so to speak, how can you help others. You don't have a thing to give to charities. It takes big bucks to run any charity, such as we see regarding the Tsunami.

Many of the pastors I know who preach about giving, give thousands to help the starving in Africa, e.g.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 19 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 6:24 (NIV)
“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

I think money is one of the biggest problems in the Churches today! The pastors are trying to serve money and not keep God number 1.

They try and fill the church building to get more money so they can support the people in the large buildings. They need more money and that is mostly what they preach about. The verse above says you can not server both God and money. So forget the money and go to God and repent. Also Satan biggest way to get the other sins covered up is MONEY!

Just my opinion....... [type]

MONEY will not take anyone to heaven, but the first commendment is:

"You shall have no other gods before me” Exodus 20:2-3

including spending more time trying to get MONEY. MONEY is the God of to many so called Churches.

Getting down from my soapbox now.
 -

Just want all to focus on JESUS!
 -

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Satan were not on your list MAC, I would have picked Doctrine because if we (the church) had right doctrine then these other issues would not be issues.

If we see that denominations are a problem, it is because we do not have right doctrine and we do not know what the "Church" is supposed to look like and how it is to operate.

If we see that any of this lists of sins is a problem, it is because we do not have right doctrine and we deny the word of GOD regarding being separate and holy, and presenting our bodies as living sacrifices. It is also because we have not right doctrine about who HE is that the church finds itself without power over the flesh.

If money is the problem it is because we have not right doctrine on issues of stewardship and how God's econeomy works.

As to persecution, we should expect to be persecuted. Jesus was persecuted. To live is Christ to die is Gain; If we have right doctrine, we will know how to handle persecution.

As to the coming one world governement of antichrist, this too is God's will for the last days, let it come! But if we have right doctrine, we will not be deceived by it.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I view the Bible as a guide and an example of what we should do and not do. We as humans have not change from the beginning; we tend to go back and forth, making the same mistakes as those of old. Lets continue to pray that we can get our walk right with God before the expiration date. [updown] [Smile]

Have a blessed Day.

By the way, I admire your faithful postings to the new members. (Keep up the good work).

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are correct it is reflected on them (Ephraim) and Israel is defiled, but when we look at the words God speaks we can apply this to us today, for the whole counsel of God is foud in all scripture. Past, Present and future.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They I will say meaning Israel, which was doing a lot of sinning against God during this time and would not stop sinning. Israel let Satan take possession of them and was serving other Gods, (idols); they did not know the true God or have a relationship with the true God of Israel.

Just my view.

God Bless

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Do you see and read in this verse.

Hos 5:4 They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Denomination
Adultery
Racism
Doctrines
World Government
Money
Fornication
Persecution
Satan
Homosexuality

See, I do not know. All of these are issues that must affect different congregations differently. I guess if I had to pick one and was not allowed to choose Satan, I would choose doctrines. Many churches today either add to the proper gospel of Christ or they take away from it, by being permissive and tolerant of things clearly labeled as sin in our Bible, or by being tolerant of other faiths, and not sticking to the fact that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, We know that the root is satan. Let us look past him for a minute and lets look at what is the biggest problem the assembly (s) of today faces the most. We here of them and sometimes we hide them to protect others.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Laurie!

It might be interesting to do this poll and leave Satan off the list, that we could see how we see the works of Satan affecting the congregation.

He is the sources of all evil; how ever it is manifest.

But how do we see each of these manifestations? are some more serious than others? are some more prevalent than others? Do some do greater damage?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan is, and always has been, the enemy of the body of Christ. All sin, divisiveness over superfluous details, tolerance of things explicitly forbidden and of other "gods" - all comes from Satan.

We are in the middle of a spiritual war, and Satan's most powerful weapon is to make us forget that we are even in a battle.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Where is everyone? [zzzzzz]

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Denomination
Adultery
Racism
Doctrines
World Government
Money
Fornication
Persecution
Satan
Homosexuality

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 17 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement