Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » The Return of Jesus

Author Topic: The Return of Jesus
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently read an article about this in Calvary Chapel's quarterly periodical. Basically, my understanding of what it said that the Lord wants every generation to think it will be the last, because it makes us that much more vigilant in our walk and in our lifestyle and commitment to righteousness and sanctification. No man knows the hour or the day, but when all the signs are there it sure makes me want to hustle to win souls and to make sure I am doing things that are pleasing to the Lord.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is an older thread/poll, but as I've been reading through many topics regarding the end times, I figured this is the most appropriate spot to give my two cents. All of the threads I've read so far that have anything to do with end times have been very alarmist in nature. People have been saying for decades (and longer, I'm sure) that Jesus Christ's return is around the corner, yet they are gone and we are still here. It goes without saying that we (as Christians) are impatient for the return of Christ, but no one knows the day nor the hour. Yes, things are getting worse in this world, but every generation has felt the way we do, and many people have come and gone that have been accused of being the anti-Christ.

Anyway, I hope it is soon, and we should live every day as if Christ is returning. But, on the other hand, we shouldn't use it as a scare tactic, and that's all I have to say about that! [Smile]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Grandma!!

But can I say one thing??? We are the Bride of Christ... The Jewish nation is the Bride of God, we are the product of that union.
Christ was Jewish birthed from Jewish lineage and the breath of God/Spirit of God, that we (jews and gentiles) might be saved.

I am SO ready for Him to return!!! But, like you, I can't sit around reading and praying til He comes... I need to be about my Father's business.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking this morning (surprise, surprise,
grandma actually thinks sometimes).
The Bible says Christians are the Bride of God.
We should be like a Bride. If your Groom was
in a faraway Country and you were waiting for
Him to return but you did not know when,
every day you would wake up with a longing,
an hopeful expectation that this could be the
day that my Love comes back and we wed.
Not only that, but no one would tell you
“Hon, it would be better if he delayed His
coming for a couple of years! Why look at
the maturity you would gain.” No, they would
tell you that it is natural to long for the return
of your groom and your new life together.
Jesus is coming back and I am looking forward
to His return every day.

Does that mean I should sit in a room with my
Bible and not seek to do God’s will while the
house falls apart around me? “No!” But as we
go about our daily lives we are to look forward
to the moment that we will hear the trumpet blow
requesting our attendance at the greatest Wedding
of all!
I pray it is today! Praise the name of Jesus!
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! And is not because of the weather but the sins that is in the land!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listened to Calvary Chapel today. They talked about this is the end time. I think it saddness God's heart that some Christians and some Preachers refuse to see Jesus is coming soon.

Linda, I don't believe that verse you quoted is saying as Christians we should not look forward with anticapation for Jesus's return. More verses of the Bible say "Come, quickly, Lord Jesus. I believe we should be looking forward with eager anticipation to our Lord Jesus's return. I know it is sad that there will be lost but even if Jesus was to delay His return to 3000, there will still be lost. I wittness to young people every day and there are those who refuse to see the truth. It makes me sad but it does not make me want Jesus to delay His return. I think about Christians who are in jail all over the world just for sharing their faith. They will be relieved to see Jesus come back for them, too! I think about young children who are suffering who need Jesus to come and take them to Heaven.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helpforhomeschoolers wrote:

quote:
We talk of our bags being packed, but let us not forget there will be those without bags packed...there will be weaping and wailing and gnashing of teeth for some and for the sake of the lost our anticipation of his coming should not be so great that we fail to remember that he desires that none should perish.
My joy comes knowing that Jesus is coming soon to get his bride. This place is getting more nasty every day and I just assume not be around much longer. The miracle that God gave us is one that we are destroying at an ever-increasing rate. I realize that there are going to be many that will perish and that does sadden me. However, we have to keep in mind that we are living in the last days. And as in the times of Noah, people are falling away at a rapid pace. When you ask people if they believe in God, a lot of them look at you like you are on crack. I will tell you what I have experienced over the last 5 months since I was saved. I have talked to various people about God, Jesus, end times etc. Here is what I have heard.

1) I talked to my mother about the end times and all the things going on today. She looked at me with kind of a blank face. Although she understood what I was telling her, she obviously hadn't been thinking about these things. Mind you, my family is very religious.

2) I talked to my Granddad about the rapture. And although he is a devout Christian, he told me he didn't believe in the rapture and if it did happen he wouldn't know so why worry.

3) I talked to the pastor at my old church about revelation and end times. He told me he didn't think about it and thought it would happen after his life had ended (he's in his mid 30's.)

4) I talked to my best friend about Jesus coming back soon. Even though he grew up as a Christian, he said that wouldn't happen in his lifetime and that he was having a good time on earth.

5) I talked to my co-workers about the end times signs in the news. One who grew up Lutheran listens to what I say but won't recommit to Jesus. One accepted the Bible I gave her and was beginning to come around although she is VERY influenced by who ever is around her with an idea. One paid no attention. The last one who is saved and has been very active in his church for years said he had been hearing the end was coming for 20 years and it hasn't happened yet.

6) I was talking to someone at my school the other day and talked to him about God and creation and he told me he believed that there were many gods.

7) One student told me he turned away from God because of the backsliding church he used to attend.

8) In class today for instance, I brought up the global tax that is being proposed. Not ONE of them had ANY clue what I was talking about, including the professor.

I pray for these people every day. But we have to realize that until they get a big wakeup call most of them are going to walk around lost. I can only imagine how Noah must have felt in his times.

I read your post earlier and was unable to respond since I was at school. As I was driving home I caught a radio program by my pastor on the book of Daniel and the end times. It was amazing to hear how related the message was to this topic. I will post this message so you guys can listen to it.

Keep your chins up guys. I see the lost and am saddened. But, we should celebrate that we were chosen to inherit the Kingdom of God. Do what you can to lead others to Jesus, just don't get too upset when you get the feedback I did. These are tough times and it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

God bless. [Prayer]

Book of Daniel by Ed Taylor (my pastor)

Link won't work so please click this link then choose Bible studies, book of Daniel then choose 2718 8/22/04 Daniel 12, "What Will We See In The End?"

Calvary Chapel Aurora

[1zhelp] [clap2] [dance] [dance] [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a hard topic, because we will be glad at HIS coming; we have waited for HIM, and yet when ever I think on this, I am also reminded that every day he tarries, he tarries because he is long suffering and many are still lost.

I am reminded also about this verse....

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. Let us remember that the Isrealites were not to boast and be joyful over the demise of those who died when the waters that God had allowed them to pass through came crashing down on their enemies.

and this one...

Amos 6:1 ¶ Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

How much of the church is like the 10 Tribes? The faithful church/bride can in the day of HIS coming be bold. But as we wait and watch and desire to be with him, let us not forget that we too were once in bondage to Egypt if you will. Let us not desire his coming so much that we forget why he tarries and why we are here now. We talk of our bags being packed, but let us not forget there will be those without bags packed...there will be weaping and wailing and gnashing of teeth for some and for the sake of the lost our anticipation of his coming should not be so great that we fail to remember that he desires that none should perish. Let us not be so glad for what we will attain that we forget what we have been delivered from and that some are still lost and in bondage in Egypt. Some are still strangers as we once were.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
From Ripp - This problem with most of the mainline denominational churches is accelerating at break-neck speeds. I really think this problem is bigger than we think. And it looks like you might feel the same HisGrace.
quote:
From Endoxos -the people inside are burning, and all the firefighters do are sing fire-related songs instead of rushing in and saving them.
This is very true Ripp - the problem seems totally out of control, but we also have to remember that to-day we are having an outpouring of the Holy Spirit like never before, in a final attempt to save us from the burning building.

You aren't going to hear about this on the 6:00 p.m news, but I heard a spiritual leader say recently that there are millions and millions coming to Christ in China and Africa.

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no urgency within the churches. People cry out "Maranatha!", but really have no desire for Him to come quickly. There's no desire to save the "media-Christians" (ie those who think if you're good you go to heaven and get a white bathrobe, a harp, a halo, and angel wings; and if your bad, you get cheap red spandex, a forked tail, bat wings, horns, and a pitchfork, and go to hell; and the cross repels vampires) next door, the atheists down the street, or the Buddhists the next street over. There's no hurry to give the homeless man on the corner some food or a business card to offer him employment.

It's almost like the Church is a group of firefighters... sitting there, polishing their firetruck... but when the bell rings, they praise the firechief, instead of springing into action... the people inside are burning, and all the firefighters do are sing fire-related songs instead of rushing in and saving them.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

HisGrace wrote:

quote:
It seems lately that it is declining by leaps and bounds. It is not only the agnostic community that is the problem, but the church community themselves are compromising their values big time.

Amen to that.

You know, I was just thinking back to one of the things the pastor said at my old denominational church before I left there. I had lunch with him and I asked what he thought about the end times. He said that he didn't think about it and he thought it wouldn't be in his lifetime. We have had many discussions on this board lately about the backsliding church. This problem with most of the mainline denominational churches is accelerating at break-neck speeds. I really think this problem is bigger than we think. And it looks like you might feel the same HisGrace.

God bless.

Gramajo320
unregistered

We are most definitely living in the last days! Prophecies are being fulfilled at a tremendously fast rate! I too pray for it be so very soon and for everyone to be taken home together in the rapture!
Amen and God bless you Favorminded for your wonderful idea to leave information on the internet for all others to go by so that they'll know what to do and will also know to never take the mark of the beast!

We all must remain vigilant and be ready at all times to be taken to our heavenly home to be with Jesus and our Heavenly Father! What a happy day that will be!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:

This world is declining SO fast, I pray He will come soon.

It seems lately that it is declining by leaps and bounds. It is not only the agnostic community that is the problem, but the church community themselves are compromising their values big time.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good idea, Favor. I believe there will be alot of people who went to Church at one time in thier life, that would be searching to find out what they refused to believe before. Maybe your site will keep them from taking the mark of the beast.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

Everytime the sky darkens I pray "Lord, let it be today!"

I am looking for the lightning strike that'll strike from East to West!

One of the things I have tried to do is prepare some info for folks on the Internet in the event they are Left Behind -

Not that I wish anyone to be - But the Internet, I believe, is going to be Hammered after the Rapture - and many will have questions and many will think Uh Oh, I think I missed it - So I have provided some info for what to do in case.

I believe it is coming very soon....

AMEN and AMEN!!

Ripp
unregistered

Yep, my (Spritual) bags are already packed. [Big Grin]

This world is declining SO fast, I pray He will come soon.

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and Yes

Come quickly Lord Jesus, Come quickly!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 17 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you believe that Jesus is coming very soon?
Do you believe we are living in the last days?

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement