Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Repent America

Author Topic: Repent America
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Favor. I hope that many more Christians are beginning to open their eyes to the attack on God from the left. Secular humanism is destroying this country at an ever accelerating rate. I saw it first hand as I went back to college(after many years off) and was sickened by what I was told.

First off, both my Geology and Archaeology books state evolution as a fact and one goes as far as mocking Christianity and religion. These are repeatedly told throughout the first chapter so they can get their humanist beliefs out there before the students stop reading past a few chapters. My Archaelogy professor actually went as far as saying, "First off I want to say that evolution is FACT. Don't tell me your beliefs, I don't want to hear them. We can discuss these matters outside of class IF you have proof to back up your beliefs." This is the honest to God truth. I was stunned and sickened last week to say the least.

The problem started in 1962 with the Engel v. Vitale (1962) - Prayers in Public Schools decision. That was the beginning of the assault on God from the secular humanists. Want proof of the damage done by secular humanism? Since that attack on God, here are some stats:

Bennett's Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: American Society at the End of the Twentieth Century found, among other things:

* Violent crime up 467% in 40 years:
* The number of state and federal prisoners up 463% in 40 years.
* Out-of-wedlock births up 461% in 40 years.
* The number of children living in single-parent households up threefold.
* Out-of-wedlock births account for 32% of all births nationally-the highest rate in Washington, D.C. at 64% and the lowest in Utah at 17%.
* 26% of all pregnancies are aborted.
* Gonorrhea infection rates of 150 per 100,000 persons.
* Television is turned on seven hours and twelve minutes per day in the average household.

Still don't think morality matters with our leaders and judges? Ever wonder why our schools teach 6th graders how to put on condoms but they are not allowed to pray at school or read the bible?

The truth is that our founding fathers only intended the separation to stop the government from forcing a national religion. The first textbooks used were bibles. Shh, don't tell your teachers that one. Want proof of our Christian heritage?

"The general Principles, on which the Fathers achieved Independence, were the general Principles of Christianity." - John Adams

"There is no country in the world where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America; and there can be no greater proof of its utility, and of its conformity to human nature, than that its influence is most powerfully felt over the most enlightened and free nation of the earth."
- Alexis de Tocqueville

"Having undertaken for the glory of God and advancement of the Christian faith." - Mayflower Compact

"For the propagation and advance of the gospel of the kingdom of Christ." - Plymouth Plantation

"Propagating of the Christian religion." - Virginia's first charter

"A study of America's past will show that a majority of Americans shared a common faith and a common ethic. America's earliest founders were self-professing Christians and their founding documents expressed a belief in a Christian worldview." - Gary DeMar

"Let every student be plainly instructed and earnestly pressed to consider well that the main end of his life and studies is to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life (John 17:3) and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and learning." - One of Harvard's rules for learning(past)

"To obtain the clearest conception of Divine things and to lead you to a saving knowledge of God in his Son Jesus Christ." - Instructions to students from Yale University(past)

"I am endeavoring to attend to my own duty only as a Christian...let us take care that our Christianity, though put to the test..."
- William Samuel Johnson

"I desire to bless and praise the name of God most high for appointing me my birth in a land of Gospel light where the glorious tidings of a Savior and of pardon and salvation through Him have been continually sounding in mine ears."
- Robert Treat Paine

The list goes on and on folks yet the secular humanists on the left don't want you to know this. They have hi-jacked our education system, media, courthouses and other areas of influence. They teach our kids to believe that we evolved from apes not created by God. Now we face an attack on the marriage foundation. I hope and pray that people will wake up to the seriousness of our current situation.

I urge each and every one of you to read the bible, do research and continue to pray for our country. We have the greatest instruction manual for living ever made if we will just read it, understand it, and stand up for it. The alternative is to hand over what we have left and give up. I prefer to stand up for God and the truth...

May God continue to bless the United States.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atheists Endorse Kerry/Edwards

The Godless Americans Political Action Committee has endorsed John Kerry for president - not a surprise, since it's long been obvious that President Bush doesn't have much respect for religious liberty generally and atheists in particular. Unfortunately, some might use this endorsement against Kerry.
According to GAMPAC:

Ellen Johnson, Executive Director of the Godless Americans Political Action Committee, said that the Kerry-Edwards slate was “the clear choice over President Bush, who has spent the last four years eroding the separation of church and state, ‘packing the courts’ with judges who ignore the First Amendment, and imposing a de-facto Religion Tax through the federal faith-based initiative.” ... Johnson said that the Kerry-Edwards slate was “the best alternative to four more years of George Bush and Pat Robertson running the country.”
Reverend Austin Miles comments in MichNews:

This endorsement of Kerry, by those who do not believe in God, and want to outlaw all references to God in public places, re-define marriage, make homosexuality the norm, advance a culture of vulgarity and kill all babies of inconvenience, [should not] come as a surprise.

Neither atheists generally nor GAMPAC specifically advocates outlawing “all references to God in public places,” they just advocate preventing the government from endorsing or promoting any particular God beliefs. They believe there is a big difference between the two.

Should "Christians" vote for endorsement of Gays and Gay Marriage, PRO Choice, Atheism and New Age religious activities, support the move to REMOVE God references like the European Union HAS ALREADY done and WE ARE DOING in town halls, meetings of City Councils, state legislatures, etc?

Of course there are many more NON Christian references and parties who support them for various reasons, Christians need to think about what THEY believe in...

And, remember as I have said MANY times, Who has God Promoted? We are to lift up, pray for and support who he has placed in Leadership over us...

That IS what the Word says....

Favor Minded

[Bible]

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
President Bush doesn't control the dispersement of drugs. Listen, if Kerry is elected to office, expect terrible things to happen. President Bush may not be perfect but he is a God fearing man. If we as a country can come to the conclusion that we need a man in the White House who CAN NOT take a stand on a single issue...God help us...I believe this is the single most important election of our time. If we don't take this opportunity to elect the person who has the most Christian values, we are in serious trouble. It's time to let the country hear our Christian voices. Silence is no longer a viable option. God help us...
Kristi
Advanced Member
Member # 3396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
http://www.repentamerica.com/bushrevealed/

[Cross] [Bible] [Prayer]

I have lost hope in the Bush Administration!! To many negative things happend while he was in power!!!!!

--------------------
YSIC \o/
MsGuidedAngel aka KristiAnn
*~*Kristi Ann's Haven*~*

Posts: 109 | From: Oregon | God Loves You! | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our faith was never supposed to be in President Bush.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lost faith in President Bush. A woman here in Washington had her heart medication held up by the government because President Bush is for big drug companines greed!

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.repentamerica.com/bushrevealed/

[Cross] [Bible] [Prayer]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement