Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » What is the biggest issue for you in the upcoming election?

Author Topic: What is the biggest issue for you in the upcoming election?
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord Jesus COMMANDS you do not cause a child to stumble -

That alone should be enough to know what is morally right to do....

Mark 9
Causing to Sin

42"And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.[1]

I say Kerry WILL HAVE MUCH to answer for in causing children to stumble, support Gay adoptions, Gay Sex Ed, on and on -

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

It is NOT ABOUT Whether it is EVERY DAY!!

It is about what is MORALLY right and what IS being taught to our children.

Jesus taught how precious the little ones were and I would not want to be the one who said I supported getting a President into office who supported teaching these little ones alternative life style, gay adoption, and Gay Sex Ed!!!

Deception abounds -

FM

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Stop teaching 6th graders how to put condoms on a banana and teach them, oh say math for a change.
Oh, c'mon. You act as if they're teaching sex ed every day. Sex ed is only a couple weeks long and they take kids out of gym class for it, and are taught by their male and female gym instructors. The kids are still learning math.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CanadianChrstn
Member # 3840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CanadianChrstn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

This is my first time posting on here, but i have been reading this thread for awhile. I would have to say that i am not for or against any perticular party per say. But i really did like this quote from Riff -

quote:
I see this a lot from the left.

What a mess. I feel things speeding up. He is coming soon...

I totally agree with you on this. Some of the things that I see today would shock people who lived 30 years ago! It really shows me that Jesus is almost here, and we are living in end times. First of all the left has no stance on anything. His only official stance is that he has no stance. John Kerry is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

quote:
Matthew 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
The left doesen't even want John Kerry, they just don't want Bush, and that is sad to me. He claims that he is a man of "Conservative Values" if he truly is why does he vote against abortion? On top of that he is telling america that we need to raise taxes?? Ask any economist, the best way to get out of a recession is not to raise taxes! Lets not forget that Alan Greenspan came out about 3-4 months ago saying that the tax cuts Bush made kept us from falling even more into recession. The Left never has anything positive to say about anything. All they can do is bash on Bush because they do not want to get into any discussion on issues because Kerry has no clue where he stands.

On top of all of these things i do know personally from my pastor that President Bush has daily prayer meetings on AF1 and requires every member to be there. And my old pastor was selected along with hundreds of other pastors from all over the country to come to the white house and pray for our country and him. I know for a fact that George W. Bush is not perfect, as soon as you find someone who is, you will be looking at Jesus.

And as a Democrat Kerry should be about middle america right? He should be able to identify with the average american. Well that should be kind of hard when his wife is worth almost 1 billion dollars. So i'm sure that Kerry can really identify with average joe.

It is to late tonight for me to even get into the war...

--------------------
Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise ~ Psalm 33:3

Posts: 2 | From: Saratoga, CA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As indicated by my vote education is a big concern for me. I think that Bush has made a poor attempt at increasing the standards of education, and his no child left behind program can't work when his administration has cut the funding to it!

As long as secular humanists from the left are controlling our education system, it won't change. Sorry but NO program, NO amount of cash thrown at it will help. Stop teaching 6th graders how to put condoms on a banana and teach them, oh say math for a change. Please read my post for more insight on this problem. http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000092

quote:
Kerry doesn't make my heart palpatate with joy, but I will be voting ABB, Anybody But Bush come November.
And exactly how is this the right choice? Can someone on this earth please tell me what Kerry stands for? Being on both sides of every single issue doesn't cut it for me. Bad leadership...
quote:
I voted for the President last time but I will not this time.
First I am upset about the way he is doing the war. I think we should have done more bombing and less ground troops like his father did.

I believe he has military advisors for war, generals and such. Monday morning quarterbacking accomplishes absolutely nothing. War is hell, bad things happen. But if you can tell me that the world is NOT better off without Saddam Hussein, I'll tell you the same about Hitler. Oh and by the way, that arguement about WMDs...the proof that he had them is in the mass graves of his own people and Iranians he destroyed with WMDs. Almost every world leader believed he still had them, and they might still find them. This arguement is invalid in my opinion.
quote:
Second, I am upset because he wants to outlaw buying prescription drugs from Canada because of his not wanting to upset the drug company.
Cutting profits from drug companies is a BAD idea. It can take 10 years or more of research and development to find a working drug. If you make drug companies unprofitable, no more drug companies. Why do you think our country is on the leading edge of new drugs? Sorry guys but businesses are in business to make money. Doing good for society is an afterthought. Getting rid of frivolous lawsuits and money hungry lawyers is a good first step.
quote:
I forgot someting else. Even though the President admits that Christians are slaughter ever day and children killed in North Korea, he refused to help them because that Country has no oil. We would not be in Iraq, if they did not have oil.
North Korea is a tough situation. They will have to be dealt with eventually but I prefer one country at a time. I don't hear the left talking about Sudan either. The simple truth is that the world is basically insane and we don't have the resources to deal with everyone at the same time. But if you understand Revelation, we will never have a solution to the worlds problems. I prefer to have a president who knows what he stands for. Any ideas on which side Kerry will fall on if he is elected? He has been on both sides of almost every single issue. How can anyone honestly trust this man?
quote:
Aside from what I mentioned above, he has attempted to reclassify McDonald's workers as manufacturing jobs, he has proposed ludicrious overtime laws that come 2007 when my union contract is up will cost me a great deal of money.
Let us not forget that the recession was at its early stages at the end of Clintons presidency. It also doesn't help when madmen decide to try and fly through the twin towers and other targets in the name of Allah. Blaming President Bush for the economy doesn't hold water for me. As for the overtime, I probably agree. I have to read up on that more however.
quote:
I would vote for Satan over Bush, and that is just sad.

[Confused]
quote:
I have lost hope in the Bush Administration!! To many negative things happend while he was in power!!!!!

I see this a lot from the left.

What a mess. I feel things speeding up. He is coming soon...

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But we are asked by the spin-doctors to believe
1. President Bush is a liar. *sigh*

President Bush’s own actions condemn him and make him a liar.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/bush_gays010409.html

ABCNEWS.com : Bush Appoints First Openly Gay Man
... During the campaign, Bush was asked repeatedly if he would hire any
homosexuals in the White House. He replied that he wouldn't ...
abcnews.go.com/sections/ us/DailyNews/bush_gays010409.html - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

http://www.familypolicy.net/features/bush-gays.shtml

Bush Advances the "Gay" Agenda

Despite repeated statements about being a Christian and expressing the desire to restore honor to the White House during his 2000 presidential campaign, President George W. Bush is advancing the homosexual agenda as much as any other President in history.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evidence of a pro-gay Bush White House:

BUSH GIVES DEATH BENEFITS TO HOMOSEXUALS
President Bush has signed a bill allowing death benefits to be paid to the domestic partners of firefighters and police officers who die in the line of duty, permanently extending a federal death benefit to same-sex couples for the first time.

Washington Post calls White House "neutral" on homosexuality (6/26/02)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUSH SAYS NO TO 'PRIDE' PROCLAMATIONS, BUT PERMITS CELEBRATIONS
In what appears to be a calculated political strategy to please both pro-family voters and practicing homosexuals alike, the Bush administration refuses to proclaim June as 'gay pride' month, but permits departmental celebrations of homosexual activism.

Bush Department of Transportation event promotes 'gay marriage' (6/11/03)

WARNING: Pro-Homosexual News Site
Multiple Bush administration departments celebrate 'gay pride' in '02

Bush Department of Agriculture celebrates 'gay pride' (6/4/02)

Bush Department of Justice celebrates 'gay pride' (5/3/02)

Bush Office of Personnel Management celebrates 'gay pride' (5/3/02)
(CLICK ON LINK AND SEE PARAGRAPH #)

BUSH ADMINISTRATION STRATEGIZES WITH HOMOSEXUALS
For the first time in history, a Republican presidential administration held a pro-gay, political strategy session in the White House.

White House Hosts Homosexual Strategy Session (5/3/02)

WARNING: Pro-Homosexual Site
Bush Administration official "reviewed judicial nominees" with homosexuals (4/24/02)
(CLICK ON LINK AND SEE PARAGRAPH #5)

BUSH APPOINTS SEVERAL GAY ACTIVISTS
The President is making good on campaign promises to homosexual activists within the Republican Party by appointing a number of radical "gay" activists to his administration.

Homosexual Appointed to Arts Post (8/31/01)

Bush Appoints a Homosexual Ambassador (9/28/01)

Bush Appoints 4 More Homosexuals (4/3/02)

BUSH/GAY ALLIANCE PUSHES CHRISTIANS TO THE FRINGE
When a self-proclaimed born-again Republican who occupies the White House puts homosexual activists at the table in his administration, promotes and signs pro-gay legislation, and refuses to even meet with ex-gays and other Christian organizations to discuss the issue, it sends a condemning message about organizations that promote the pro-family agenda.

Homosexuals in MI Castigate FPN, CWFA (10/12/01)

BUSH GETS APPLAUSE FROM HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVISTS
Homosexual activists in Washington and around the country are lining up to sing the praises of George W. Bush.

Homosexuals in DC Praise Bush (10/5/01)

BUSH ADVISORS SEEK GAY-FRIENDLY GOP
Senior advisor Mary Matalin and other White House officials are using their clout in the Bush White House to push a gay-friendly agenda in the Republican Party. Bush and other GOP leaders who want to make the GOP "gay-friendly" are obviously out of touch with grassroots conservatives within their ranks.

Groups Warn Bush on 'Unity' Project (2/2/01)

ASHCROFT PLEASES "GAY" ACTIVISTS AT DOJ
During his campaign for the GOP nomination in 1999 and the first few weeks of 2000, George Bush rejected attempts by homosexual activists to meet with him in public. But he changed his tune after the primary battles in conservative states, like Iowa and South Carolina, were over. While campaigning in California, Bush indicated the timing may be right to meet with homosexual activists after all.

Bush is making good on campaign promises to homosexual activists within the Republican Party. Bush and other GOP leaders who want to make the GOP "gay-friendly" are obviously out of touch with grassroots conservatives.

Ashcroft Makes Promises to Homosexuals (2/2/01)

After becoming AG, Ashcroft permits 'pride' celebrations at DOJ (6/12/02)

2000 BUSH CAMPAIGN BETRAYED PRO-FAMILY VOTERS
During his campaign for the GOP nomination in 1999 and the first few weeks of 2000, George Bush rejected attempts by homosexual activists to meet with him in public. But he changed his tune after the primary battles in conservative states, like Iowa and South Carolina, were over. While campaigning in California, Bush indicated the timing may be right to meet with homosexual activists after all.

Bush is making good on campaign promises to homosexual activists within the Republican Party. Bush and other GOP leaders who want to make the GOP "gay-friendly" are obviously out of touch with grassroots conservatives.

Dick Cheney Advocates 'Freedom' for Gays to 'Marry' (10/19/00)

Focus on the Family Story (2/2/01)

Family News in Focus radio broadcast (Sound)

Why Christians Should Not Vote for George W. Bush by Dr. Patrick Johnston
15 February 2004

George W. Bush professes to be a Christian, goes to church, makes references to Bible verses, and says, “God bless America,” but so did Bill Clinton, so this alone cannot be sufficient to win our vote.

The Roman emperor Nero didn’t mind Romans calling themselves Christians. He didn’t throw them to the lions or burn them at the stake because they believed in Jesus. He just wanted them to worship Caesar too. They were allowed to add Jesus to their list of Roman gods. Even today in Communist China, Christians are not beaten, tortured, and imprisoned in labor camps because they believe in Jesus or profess to be Christians. Not at all. They’re persecuted because they act like Christians. They’re beaten and thrown in prison because they evangelize, because they deny the heresies of the government-sanctioned church, because they speak against tyrannical government usurpation’s such as the denial of God-given rights, because they refuse to render unto Caesar that which is due only to God.

Not every person who professes to be a Christian is one. Faith without works, without tangible deeds of obedience, is dead faith – it is the faith of devils. (James 2:10-24) Jesus asks, “Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” (Luke 6:46) “Ye shall know them by their fruits. Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matthew 7:16-20)

George W. Bush professes to be a Christian, goes to church, makes references to Bible verses, and says, “God bless America,” but so did Bill Clinton, so this alone cannot be sufficient to win our vote. Like Clinton, George Bush’s fruit was evident to all with eyes to see during his campaign against Gore. Many Christians were undoubtedly innocently ignorant of George W. Bush’s liberal tendencies and so easily susceptible to his conservative rhetoric, but far too many were willfully blind to his bad fruit. Pragmatism took precedence over God’s Word and the principles of conservatism when conservatives the nation over supported and voted for the most electable candidate over the only blessable, anointable candidate, and as you will see in the course of this article, the roots of tyranny have deepened in America as a result. The guilt for the daily encroachment on God-given rights to life, liberty, and property, under President Bush’s leadership, can be laid squarely at the foot of the professing church. If there was ever any doubt about the liberal sway of George W. Bush before his Presidency, that doubt should be well cleared up by now for all but only the willfully naïve. ……..

Complete article

http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article3114.html

I am not for John Kerry either, evil is evil, no matter the degree.

Yahweh and Yahweh alone is the answer to America’s situation. We who are call by His Name must humble ourselves and cry to Him as the Scriptures say.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Favor Minded:

NO GAY Marriage, PERIOD! Abortion is WRONG, PERIOD!

Agreed!

As a Canadian maybe I don't have a right to voice my opinion, but as a Christian I am very concerned about bringing healing to North America as a whole.

Canada is also struggling with the issues of gay marriage and abortion , and I feel as if we will bring judgment on our nations if we support such rights. [Prayer] [Prayer]

femnerd
Community Member
Member # 3812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for femnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vote is for George W. Bush

Femnerd

Yes, you can ask about my name lol

--------------------
Spock: After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical; but it is often true."

Posts: 14 | From: KC MO | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
femnerd
Community Member
Member # 3812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for femnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POLITICS AND RELIGION

I have read with much interest the posts on this topic. Such a simple question that resulted in such complicated answers. So I will add my own ramblings to eventually aswering the question.

Ya know, the terrible thing about politics is that it makes a hypocrite out of most of us at one time or the other. It is a strange thing but sometimes it seems that politics is more important than Christianity for some believers. Politics is a "funny" games isn't it?

The funny thing about John Kerry is this:
1. He is the richest man to ever run for the presidency.
2. His wealth comes from a big fat corporation.

Now considering the so called stand that democrats have against those nasty ole corporations and the jibings against those wealthy Republicans and thier filthy lucre isn't this a hoot?

9/11..gotta love the twisted spin on this simply on the basis of the ingenuity of the spin..fascinating. I love a good story. [Wink]

A President in the first months of his term experiences a national tragedy of horrific proportions. Due to the immmediate outpouring of cooperation among the parties military action is agreed upon. Later (too soon) the spin starts. In order to avoid sharing the "blame" for the military action, an all out effort starts to find a way to discredit the President.
NEVER MIND they all received the same information.
NEVER MIND that the information was wrong
NEVER MIND that Great Britian also had the same wrong information.
NEVER MIND that our intelligence agencies do not work well together.
NEVER MIND that a special commission investigated the issue only to find that the information WAS WRONG.
NEVER MIND that each individual person who voted for military action against Iraq is silent on the fact they they too believed the information they were given.They are scarmbling backwards to get away from that.

But we are asked by the spin doctors to believe
1. President Bush is a liar. *sighs*
2. President bush is avenging daddy (silliest spin thing I have ever heard. And that is saying something!)
3. He only wants oil. (Americans are filthy with oil. We are the largest consumer of oil. Even the poorest person in America is covered with oil. It is staggering to me that people are not aware of how astoudingly hypocritical it is for anyone to make that comment..as if the person saying it is untouched by oil)

Now...consider this. As Christians we should be more discerning than the media asks us to be. . We should also know that politics and religion may not be a good mix. We are constantly trying try to marry the two only to find ourselves with egg on our faces. Yet we have an internal problem we the two don't we? Since presidents are faced with the problem of trying to be everything for everyone and it does not work. They are forced time and time again to flip flop on issues so that one can never really know if what they stand for today will last for long. So how do we as Christians face choosing a President?
By being honest with ourselves. No one need ever know. Does your choice of political parties put you at odds with your faith and you don't care? Admit it to yourself. It is a good place to start. By separting your faith and your politics you will no longer be burdened by the actions of your choice for president. What he then does need not affect your Christianity. You could effectively look the other way should he commit immoral acts you would not want your children to see. Morally you would be set free! And should he be less than perfect in the policies he supports well then...look the other way again. However when the President of the current day (whatever place in time you should be), who is not your choice, should make similar bad choices then you are free to rant about it ad nauseum. After all, that president is totally presponsible for the deficit, terrible health care, underfunded issue of your choice etc since no other President had anything to do with it. Do not, under any circumstances, consider that perhaps you are part of the problem. Never once stop to think that your opinions on what is important might differ from someone else.

However you have another way to make a choice. You can admit that politics could be dangerous grounds for a Christian. Or at least consider it. You could look at the position that choosing a candidate puts you in: of choosing a man who is less than what you want him to be. Of choosing a man who reflects your own beliefs politically, but perhaps not morally, and being comfortable with knowing that. It might be a good idea to make peace with the fact that it is easier to believe what you are told than to find out for yourself. We rightly divide the Word of God...not the word of man. And to come to some kind of understanding over the tendency to judge the candidate you do not want with a more critical eye you would your own choice. We all find it so much easier to forgive the person you support. Now once you have come off your self righteous high horse Yes we do that with politics! Come on ....admit it. you can vote for the candidate of your choice.

Be content that your party is in control for the moment. Ignore the naysayers since they have a permanent job in the sytem.
I wonder. Maybe it is a sad truth that if one were to judge our possible political involvement by the Word of God and the values therein that no one would ever get involved in politics! After all, we should have less grace for politicians than God has for us ...right? [Wink] They should be perfect. Right? [Wink]

So the most important issue for me is this:
I want to vote for the man who most closely resembles my own views.

He won't make me happy all the time. But I have a few important issues that I need to know he stands for. His Christian views should be somewhat close to how I believe. He ought to support legislation that reflects his religous beliefs on those issues. He needs to at least seem sincere in his religous convictions. Sure he could be a fake..but then that is the truth with every candiate from both parties.I won't expect him to be any more perfect in the expression of his convictions that I see in the average believer. That means he will both please and disppoint me.

I hope you all haven't minded the tongue-in-cheek parts of my comments. Politics does that to me LOL [happyhappy]

Femnerd
[EMAIL]You can ask about my name lol[/EMAIL]

--------------------
Spock: After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical; but it is often true."

Posts: 14 | From: KC MO | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biggiest issue for this election is the war in Iraq, and not letting it be another Viet Nam.

In the news a father from Florida got a vist from the Marines, his 20 year old Marine son was killed in Iraq. He set the Marine's vehicle in his driveway on fire, and was injuried.

If people start believing that the Iraq war is not worthy, then this country will be in even more pain, and people are already torn up about it, as evidenced by this father's grief.

John Kerry is not any different than he was in 1971. He still believes the same things he believed in 1971. ON that he has not flip-flopped.

I heard from a Viet Nam veteran who said that John Kerry and Jane Fonda both hurt the Viet Nam vets more than the enemy ever did. He's a Dmeocrat, but will not vote for Kerry.

If elected Kerry will probably do the same kind of trashing of our military in Iraq as he did to Viet Nam vets. Do we want our young military people to be trashed? And shunned like it was for the Viet vets? Kerry will spin their fight to have been a worthless effort.

I make that prediction based on his latest statements about guarding "his" war record. He's about himself, and that's all there is. He doesn't ever apologize to all the other Viet nam vets out there who suffered for his betrayal in 1971.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
According to Ted Gunderson, 72, a high-ranking retired FBI official, detailed documentary material reveals the U.S. government’s involvement in 9-11. Gunderson claims that FBI-CIA operatives also orchestrated the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and the Oklahoma City bombing of the Murrah Federal Building.

I knew they executed Timothy McVeigh too quickly.
It's hard to know what to believe anymore in the world of news.

I admit to being suspicious of The FBI and CIA ever since Waco was burned. Then Elian Gonzales is strong-armed out of his relatives' home by the FBI and taken back to Cuba to be with his father.
Today I heard on the news that a court case brought by Elian's relatives in Miami, in which they charge that their civil rights were violated by this event, was denied and the judge ruled that their civil rights were not violated.

This is the first time in America's history a custody battle was interfered with by the Feds.
Where are they when children of American mothers are held in Iraq or other countries?

What ever happened to the Constitutional Protections from Government interference, and the Rule of Law? The Miami relatives were in court fighting for custody. Why couldn't 'ol Janet Reno allow the "Rule of Law" to run it's course?

We send a boy back to an enemy of America, after his mother died getting him here, and on the other hand allow illegal immigrants to run rampant. Terrorists from Muslim radical groups are getting in with no problem. Where are the Feds?

A group of Somali Muslims even caused a ruckus in my area last year, by calling the mayor prejudiced because he asked their leaders to slow the influx to that city, as the city was under financial burden as many of these immigrants started off on welfare. Many now have jobs, but they bullied the schools to cater to their culture. I thought if one wished to immigrate to another country one needs to learn that countries' ways and language. (Not the new immigrants.) They want Americans to learn their ways or be called prejudiced.

Woe be it to anyone during that time that mentioned how the American soldiers were dragged through the streets in Somalia.

We live in a very divided country. I just hope this election doesn't take 2 months to count votes.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] Hello David; you stated
quote:
Americans May Be Stupid, But Not That Stupid
I tell you the truth I am beginning to wonder about that with today’s political stances. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Americans May Be Stupid, But Not That Stupid

In today’s political world one side has become a hypocritical comedy act. Those on the left rant and rave about their opposition’s fallibilities while at the same time praise the fallen nature of their own candidates, defining their shortcomings NOT as sin but as blessings! According to their philosophy, their guy (and only their guy) should be lauded for his failures since he is only human. (Bill Clinton an adulterer? Preposterous! He’s just a man who succumbed to his fleshly desires. He’s only human.)

They go on to say, “It’s okay you’re a low-down, lying cheat; you’re only flesh and blood. And don’t worry about your outlandish claims and ridiculous stories. We’ll believe whatever you say and go to our graves defending your tall-tales…just so long as you’re on the proper side of the political aisle and vote accordingly.”

How shameful it is to promote a lie as truth while knowing all the while the lie is indeed a lie. But even more disturbing is the fact that many of our highest-ranking politicians demonstrate the characteristics of pathological liars. They lie so much no one can possibly know when they’re telling the truth, or if they’re even capable of doing so.

A book could be written about John Kerry and his Vietnam embellishments. [Actually, one already has.] But why should anyone be surprised of John Kerry’s inability to remain truthful when discussing his own personal history? He and his party come from a long line of distinguished storytellers that have grown bolder with each election cycle.

No one can forget the pathetic attempts of Al Gore to convince Americans he was a great deal more accomplished than reality would have us believe. For starters, how did he think he could get away with claiming to have invented the Internet? Or why would he claim to have been the inspiration for the movie Love Story. Of course the granddaddy off them all was Al (Pinocchio) Gore’s claim to have been rocked to sleep while listening to his mother sing the ditty “Look for the Union Label.” This lie wouldn’t have been such a big deal had it not been for the fact that Gore was 27 years old when the song was written. Mrs. Gore must have been one strong, protective mother if she was rocking young Al to sleep at such a … distinguished age.

But not to be outdone is the infamous Hillary. This is the woman who claimed that her daughter, while out for a morning jog, had narrowly escaped death during the 9-11 attacks on the World Trade Center. When the truth finally surfaced, Chelsea was miles from Ground Zero, nowhere near the danger. I wonder, did Hillary NOT think the public would discover her more than shameful story? After all, when she made her claim of Chelsea’s imminent danger, a week had already passed since 9-11. Certainly after a week she’d have known her daughter’s whereabouts when the Towers collapsed.

Of course, if anyone is surprised by Hillary’s aggressive nature to tell a tall-tale, they shouldn’t be. This is the same woman who claims to have been named after Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb Mount Everest. Perhaps being named after the great mountain climber is original and interesting. But the fact is that SIR Hillary didn’t make his famous ascent until five years after LADY Hillary was born. Again, did she think no one was going to check?

And now we have Senator Harkin, who calls Dick Cheney a coward for not fighting in Vietnam, lying about his own Vietnam history. Though he claims to have been a combat pilot who flew combat missions during the Vietnam War, the truth is he was never there. Again, I must ask, “Did he NOT think anyone would check his story?” As fate would have it, the angry senator’s accusation against the Vice President stems from the fact that Dick Cheney did not serve in Vietnam. Does this make Senator Harkin a coward as well? After all, he didn’t serve in Vietnam either.

I’m not sure what’s worse: The fact that these politicians are lying or the fact that they think we Americans are so stupid as to NOT be able to uncover the truth.

Which leads us to John Kerry’s walking to the beat of the same drum, but at a much quicker cadence. While it is true the man volunteered for combat duty, it’s sad (actually pathetic) that he’s tainted his own war record with dishonorable accusations and ludicrous fabrications. His stories are so low they reach all-time highs. This is the man who claims to have not only seen but also committed atrocities during the Vietnam War. According to his stories, he took part in and/or witnessed the mutilation of enemy soldiers, of killing non-combatants (including women and children), of torture, of abuse, and of many other war crimes.

Yet where are his corroborators? If such war crimes took place in John Kerry’s vicinity, why haven’t others come forward to back him up? Though there are unanswered questions due to the fact that very few of us were there with John Kerry, the picture has become pretty clear. And when you add in the fact that Kerry claims to have been sent by President Nixon into Cambodia during Christmas of 1968, the picture becomes VERY clear. President Nixon, though elected in 1968, wasn’t inaugurated until January of 1969, and eyewitnesses place John Kerry nowhere near Cambodia in 1968. But even more embarrassing is the fact that the Kerry campaign has tried to spin the story even further, explaining to the public that Kerry’s mission into Cambodia actually occurred in 1969 as opposed to 1968. The only problem with that story is that John Kerry left Vietnam in March of 1969, nine before he claims to have been engaged in mortal combat with Khmer Rouge forces. (By the way, the Khmer Rouge didn’t begin its assault on the Cambodian government until the 1970’s. Can you imagine how gullible the American people must look in John Kerry’s eyes?

Are we to believe that John Kerry simply forgot where he was? Are we to believe he got his facts mixed up? Or does John Kerry think the American people are MORE than stupid, that they wouldn’t find out the truth about his past?

If John Kerry and those like him had any decency they would at least construe stories with some complexity. Al Gore would have IN THE LEAST determined when the song his mother supposedly sang to him was written, Hillary would have IN THE LEAST determined when Sir Edmund Hillary made his famous ascent, and John Kerry would have IN THE LEAST done a little research about the events he supposedly took part in.

We may not expect our politicians to be perfect, but we should IN THE LEAST demand that when they tell lies, they tell us good ones. Not all of us are brains surgeons, but we’re not nearly as stupid as they think we are.

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=7955

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] Hello All; I have to admit I enjoy discussing or actually listening to what other people have to say about the elections. As to the election between Sen. Kerry and President Bush I will admit there is no perfect candidate, of course there never is, is there? President Bush certainly has did many things I find to have been a bad, or at least poor choice to have choose do. however, as to the items facing our country today, I do believe he is the far better choice of the two candidates. I have a hard time being able to trust a man that changes his stance on votes to fit the feeling of the day, or can not maintain the stories he tells the media to a consistent story line. I again know there is no way either of the two candidates are the best choice of all people that could have ran for the office but they are the two we have to select from. So for the United States and for the Christian community the question is of the two we have, which do you believe will do a better job and stand the closest to where God would have them stand? President Bush or Sen. Kerry? Which one of these men would you prefer protecting you and your families?
Ladies and gentlemen, “give unto Cesar what is Cesar’s” rather we like either one of the two men or not we should vote for the man we believe to be the one God leads us to vote for. Do not vote Republican, Democratic, or Independent. Do not vote against either man be it because you do not like their records of past actions. (the ones that do not effect the operation of this country, be it military of personal attitudes) However Do vote for the one you think will best serve our country but more importantly will best serve our Lord. Then sit back and let the Lord handle it; if we trust and believe Him we all know He will. As always my Love to all through Christ. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayer and repentance of Yahweh's people is the only answer.

quote:
An event that was a turning point for the US, because now we had experienced terrorism like the rest of the world - Prophecy fulfillment -
What Clinton first started Bush finished.

Our government was able to detect a golfer in a private jet, who flew into protected air space and within minutes bring him to the ground, but they could not detect the Boeings with a wing span of 156 ft. (hog wash)

Ex-FBI Official Accuses U.S. Intelligence
Agencies of Domestic Terrorist Attacks
By Alejandra Rodriguez
Apr 18, 2004, 22:55

More than 2,000 people died on Sept.11, 2001. Six persons died when the World Trade Centers were attacked in 1993, and 168 perished in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. The culprits behind these attacks were sought out and discovered by U.S. investigators. Now, imagine adding the U.S. government to the nation’s most wanted list as partners in these crimes.

According to Ted Gunderson, 72, a high-ranking retired FBI official, detailed documentary material reveals the U.S. government’s involvement in 9-11. Gunderson claims that FBI-CIA operatives also orchestrated the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and the Oklahoma City bombing of the Murrah Federal Building.

Gunderson’s charges are particularly powerful because of who he happens to be: Gunderson is a 27-year FBI veteran. He was the bureau chief in charge of the Los Angeles FBI. In Los Angeles, Gunderson had over 700 people under his command and operated a $22 million budget.

Nowadays, Gunderson operates an international security-consulting agency based in Los Angeles. He is also a correspondent for the American Free Press.

In a recent interview in Boston recorded for the Pacifica radio network, Gunderson claims that after government officials failed repeatedly to gain passage of the Anti-Terrorism Law, the FBI organized the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center to instill fear into the American people and eventually get the buy-in from Congress.

According to Gunderson, Imad Salem, an FBI informant, was hired to make the 1993 car bomb that exploded in the World Trade Building. Salem was to thwart the plotters by substituting harmless powder for the explosives, but Gunderson says FBI handler John Anderson took Salem off the case and didn’t act on the threat. The van was supposed to park next to a pillar in the underground garage, but another car was in the way. Therefore, the bomb-loaded van was parked as close as possible, killing six people and injuring more than 1000 people. A New York Times article published Oct. 28, 1993, confirms the FBI’s foreknowledge of the 1993 attack and includes excerpts of Salem’s conversation with FBI officials.

Gunderson says that two years later the FBI carried out the Oklahoma City bombing of the Murrah Federal Building. Publicly available reports on the events of that day say that the bomb used was a fertilizer bomb. But according to Gunderson, a fertilizer bomb is not powerful enough to do the extent of damage that was done. Gunderson claims the bomb used was an electro-hydro-dynamic gaseous fuel device, known to intelligence agents as a barometric bomb.
Michael Riconosciuto, a former CIA agent and a colleague of Gunderson, created the barometric bomb for the CIA in 1982. The bomb was first used in the high security test site, called Area-51, in Nevada. It was so powerful that it killed two technicians in its initial test run. Gunderson says that at the time of the 1993 bombing only 10 scientists, all CIA operatives, knew how to create the bomb.

After a thorough investigation of the Oklahoma City bombing, Gunderson uncovered a discrepancy in the FBI report. According to an article in a national fireman’s magazine, there were five bombs inside the building – one exploded and the other four were found in tact. According to eyewitness reports, two explosions were heard. The implication is that someone planted the bombs inside the building. According to Gunderson, the unaccounted-for bomb was the barometric bomb that caused the extensive damage to the building and the deaths of 168 people.

Gunderson says Timothy McVeigh, the man executed for the crime, was recruited by CIA as an assassin and the Oklahoma City bombing was only an assignment.

Gunderson’s name and his charges are all over the Internet; mainstream papers have yet to report on his theories. KPFT, a Pacifica Foundation community-supported non-profit radio station in Houston, ran a broadcast of an interview with Gunderson in March 2004.

Websites like cover conspiracy theories of all sorts, and they cover Gunderson extensively. He advertises his services in far-right magazines such as Media Bypass. Papers, like The Express Times on Sunday or the Daily Star -- both out of Britain -- use Gunderson as an intelligence expert on terrorist-related articles, quoting him in at least two articles in the past year.

Gunderson critics call him a conspiracy theorist. He also claims that the government is behind the formation of satanic cults that molest children across America. Although American mainstream papers are not covering Gunderson’s theories, a few have published reports that have uncovered the government foreknowledge of the attacks.

“Our government is masters at creating a crisis for its own game, then covering it up. Mainstream media goes right along with it,” says Gunderson.

© Copyright 2003-2004 by worldinternetnews.net

http://soc.hfac.uh.edu/artman/publish/article_93.shtml

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... I gotta correct that last thing you said Favorminded... The Freedom Tower will indeed be built at 1776 ft. tall, and as of yet, there's no plans on scaling it down, last I heard, anyway. IIRC, they've already laid the foundation for it.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

While I agree that the world is not paying attention, the conspiracy theory of imploding the towers is inaccurate because these buildings are designed to collapse symmetrically - or should I say that by nature of design, they have no choice. It is not about a belief, it is about architectural fact.

An event that was a turning point for the US, because now we had experienced terrorism like the rest of the world - Prophecy fulfillment -

It also united Americans again in a way that had not been done in a long time...

Our people did not conspire to destroy the people or the towers, nor did terrorist Architectural experts implode it - They sought to attack and destroy what and where they thought would hurt us the most, in the heart of our wallet...

The World Trade Center was destroyed by terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. The WTC was a complex of 7 buildings in Lower Manhattan of which the Twin Towers were best known. The two towers were different in height, the first one, built in 1972 being 417 meters and the second one, finished on year later measured 415 meters.

The One World Trade Center was the highest building in the world until 1974, when the Sears Tower was built in Chicago. When destroyed, the Twin Towers still ranked in the top 10 of the highest buildings in the world and dominated the skyline of lower Manhattan.

The World Trade center was a project started up in 1960 by David Rockefeller. The towers were sometimes nicknamed David and Nelson, the Rockefeller brothers. The design came from Minoru Yamasaki and Emery Roth & Sons. The monolithic Twin Towers were never seen as great architecture, but it certainly was a great engineering feat.

The Building never received the attention the Empire State Building gets. But it first became world news when, on friday Feb. 23, 1993 at 12:18, a bomb exploded in the World Trade Center.

The explosion, destroying 5 floors in the 110 story building, including the central commando center, trapped about 50,000 people, killed 6 and wounded at least 1000 people. Moslem fundamentalists have been convicted for the bombing.

The second time the WTC became world news was on the tragic day September 11, 2001 when those 2 hijacked planes crashed into the twin towers. Not much later, the towers imploded. More than 3000 people died in the terrorist attack.

We planted 3000 flags 3 years in a row, each with a name on it on the Church lawn on 911 -

Even though the towers were built to withstand the impact of a plane crash, the towers collapsed within 2 hours of the initial impact. But an investigation into the cause of the collapse of the towers found no structural flaws or blunders. Some of the reasons of the collapse are:

- the size of the planes: the Boeings that crashed into the towers had a wing span of 156 ft, while the towers were 'only' 209ft wide. The planes knocked out so many columns in the building that the remaining columns could no longer support the upper floors.

- the height of the impact: the planes crashed at altitudes were it was almost impossible for firemen to contain the fires. The internal sprinkler sytem was ineffective if working at all, as several floors were wiped out. The amount of kerosine intensified the fires to such an extent that the steel eventually weakened and could no longer support the top floors.

- The structure: after the upper floors collapsed, this caused a domino effect as the floors below could not support the collapsing top floors. This caused the whole building to implode.

The implosion of the towers covered almost all of Lower Manhattan in a dust cloud. Several days later, streets around the WTC, also known as 'ground zero' were still covered with dust. Many buildings in the neighborhood of the attacked towers were either severely damaged or collapsed. Among them One Liberty plaza and the World Financial Center buildings. It took until May 30, 2002 before ground zero was officially cleared: 1,8 million tons of rubble were removed in the process.

Time will tell if this tragedy becomes the Hindenburg of the skyscrapers. The WTC 1 & 2 itself will not be rebuilt, at least not as tall. Several projects for world's tallest or 1000ft+ skyscrapers have already been put on hold or have been scaled down because of it.

Not because of consiracy theory plots but rather to prevent future terrorist targets and lessen the potential for such extensive damage.

[type]

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

Benjamin Franklin

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Voting will not change one thing, all powers that be are ordained of Yahweh. Yahweh gives the leaders a nation deserves to affect His judgement on a Nation or a people.

George W. Bush is no less evil than Kerry....

George Bush talks what "conservatives and Christians want to hear, but as Yahweh said "your words say one thing but your heart is far from Me."

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

The only hope anyone has is Yahweh!

on another note...

Homeland Security is going to be one of the AntiChrist most powerful tools in these last days as it contiues to gain strength thru the political process, we have George W. Bush to thank as being instumental in its existance.

It is scary to think that Millions of American's watch two buildings 110 stories tall fall to the ground in perfect semetrical form and believe it was all accidental from two airplanes.

Where has common sense gone?

Any fire burns hotter on the side the wind is blowing, which in turn causes that portion of the building to burn at a greater speed, which n turn will cause the building to topale in the direction of the wind.

So how could those twin towers fall completly semetricly perfect?

They fell perfect because they were imploded by experts.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only issue is prayer and repentance!

--------------------

Kristi
Advanced Member
Member # 3396

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Kristi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for ~> Homeland Defense.. Because after 09/11/01 We Need it badly to protect the Homeland of the USA!!  -

--------------------
YSIC \o/
MsGuidedAngel aka KristiAnn
*~*Kristi Ann's Haven*~*

Posts: 109 | From: Oregon | God Loves You! | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stellarblu
Community Member
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellarblu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QUOTE:

Really? Do you not vote for a President? (sorry if that's a niave question.)
I'm having a hard time deciding who to vote for. I have problems with both men.
I sincerely agree with the poster above (sorry I forgot who posted this and am afraid to go look in case this computer messes up) who is concerned about the trash in the media.
I have 3 kids, but I also have a husband with an addiction to porn. For those of you who don't understand that - it is serious and equally as damaging as any other addiction. In a way it's harder to deal with because the media is SO saturated with tempting and seducing junk.
A person under the influence of this addiction is just as irrational, deceived, deceptive, abusive, selfish, controlling and headed toward destruction as a person addicted to cocaine, etc.
I understand I can't control another person or wish away the way our society chooses to promote sex and an unhealthy lifestyle. That DOES matter to me when it comes to who I will vote for though...so, maybe I do know who I'm voting for.
This is a really, really hard decision for me though.

Posts: 13 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

[Cross] Take a look at Sen. John Kerry’s record it speaks for itself.
http://www.usorthem.org/current-events/john_kerry_%20voting_record.html
I think as Christians we should look at things like this. Here is an example.
Kerry’s views on abortion
  1. Kerry staunchly resists restrictions on abortions. (Apr 27)
  2. Partial-birth abortion ban undermine women's right to choose. (Nov 2003)
  3. No criminalization of a woman's right to choose. (Jun 2003)
  4. Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 25)
  5. Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
  6. Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
  7. Voted NO on disallowing overseas military abortions. (May 1999)
  8. Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 4)
I will be the first to admit President George W. Bush is not perfect. Quite the contrary, he has a multitude of problems and short comings. Don’t we all? I do however feel that as a Christian I will have to choose Bush to vote for because he dose at least appear to try to follow the Biblical views. I know it is written we should not judge a person, I am not judging Kerry I am judging how I feel about his views and how I see them interacting with the word of God. We should vote not for whom we want to vote but instead who we feel God would want our votes to go for. Love to all. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------

wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is how I see it, some might or might not agree. But there is a ballot for people of "no political party". You can vote on the issues of ammendments without voting for a political party. I suggest that you vote for something I am in the state, Missouri, that just banned gay marriages. I am very proud of our state. Taking a stand has been important in this issue, I voted, and my one vote did count.

We need to pray for our country, the leaders of our country and the matters they must deal with. Pray that the Lord, God, Almighty, will send someone solid in faith, to lead His people.

Serving my Lord,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked other. For me the most important issue is that the man at the helm prays to God Almighty in the name of Jesus Christ and is conservative in his politics. I would not ever vote for someone or a party that would vote for things like abortion, or Gay marriage, or any other of the issues of the Liberal Agenda.

As for the electorial college. I live in SD. In the scheme of the electorial college my vote is not worth a lot, but IMHO, in the eyes of my Lord it is worth much, because he ordained that I be born in this country where we have a right to vote and our vote determins our leadership and I figure that a vote for the liberal agenda is a vote for the things God hates and no vote is also. All that is needed for evil and darkness to prosper is for light and righteousness to sit on our laurels and do nothing.

Jesus said if we were not for him we were against him. The way I see it is that if we live in a country where we can affect government with our vote, then failure to vote for those who stand on Chiristian Principals at every opportunity we have to vote, is a vote against Christian principals whether it is a vote cast or a vote not cast at all.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

PRAY FOR THE PRESIDENT AND AMERICA
I Timothy 2:1-4

I Timothy 2:1-4 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

The Word teaches that in the last days before Christ’s return our world would go topsy-turvy and become perilous. This is a perfect description of the time in which we are now living. It is during times like these that we need to become people of prayer – prayer warriors. We are to pray for our needs and the church’s needs but our prayers are to extend far beyond the walls of our church. The call to prayer for our leaders and our nation is clear from the pages of God’s Word.

“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men.”

Four Kinds of Prayers that we are called to offer on behalf of others.

Supplications – focusing upon specific special deep and intense needs of others and carrying that need to God with a sense of urgency.

Prayers – set times or seasons of prayer when we pray for others in general

Intercessions – standing in the gap before God on behalf of others seeking God’s mercy and grace for others.

Thanksgiving – thanking God for hearing our prayers of faith in anticipation of what He is going to do in the life of others and gratitude for what He has done in the past.

Ezekiel 22:30 "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none."

Karl Barth said, “To clasp hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.” [Prayer. Christianity Today, Vol. 34, no. 4]

WE ARE TO INTERCEDE IN PARTICULAR FOR THOSE IN AUTHORITY.

Not only are we to pray for all men in general but as our text says we are to pray specifically “for kings, and for all that are in authority” (I Timothy 2:2)

What is amazing is that when Paul instructed Timothy to teach the church to pray for kings and political leaders Nero was on the throne in Rome. Nero having burned Rome in 64 A.D. blamed Christian activists for the fire and had embarked on a campaign of brutal persecution against Christians. The thought of praying for them had to be difficult if not repugnant to some.

This means we are to pray for them no matter how good or bad they are or we think they are - no matter what political party they belong to (Democrat or Republican)
no matter whether they are conservative or liberal - no matter how moral or immoral they may be - no matter how just or unjust they might be

We should pray for those in authority because God put them there.

Those in authority are there by the will of God and will remove them as He sees fit to accomplish His ultimate plan.

Daniel 2:21 "And he changes the times and the seasons: he removes kings, and sets up kings: he gives wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:"

Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

We are to realize that the hearts of our leaders are in God’s hands.

Proverbs 21:1 "The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turns it whither so ever he will."

Ezra 6:21-22 "… The children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat, and kept the feast of unleavened bread seven days with joy. For the LORD had made them joyful, and turned the heart of the king of Assyria unto them, to strengthen their hands in the work of the house of God, the God of Israel."

WE NEED TO PRAY FOR OUR PRESIDENT.

George Washington (1732-1799) our first President said, “It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.”

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day. - Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

I Kings 3:7-9 "And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in. And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude. Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?"

Pray for our President that God will give him wisdom and discernment in every decision he makes. Pray that God will give the President all the appropriate knowledge needed to lead our nation by sound biblical principles.

Some are calling the current Iraqi situation the most serious risk to our national security since the Cuban Missile Crisis. Pray for the President as he leads our nation through this crisis.

Psalms 33:16 "There is NO king saved by the multitude of a host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength."

WE NEED TO PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY, AMERICA.

Our nation was war-torn and weary in the midst of the Civil War, and victory in the long struggle was anything but certain when the President received a resolution asking him to declare a national day of prayer. Here is part of his response: "We have forgotten the gracious hand, which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us," he wrote, "And have vainly imagined that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us." With those words, President Abraham Lincoln called on all Americans to turn to God in prayer for a quick outcome to the Civil War. (copied from the Presidential Prayer Team)

II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Prayer is political action. Prayer is social energy. Prayer is public good. Prayer shapes more of our nation’s life than is formed by legislation. That we have not collapsed into anarchy is due more to prayer than to the police.

Prayer is a sustained and intricate act of patriotism in the largest sense of that word--far more precise, loving, and preserving than any patriotism served up in slogans. That society continues to be livable and that hope continues to be resurgent are attributable to prayer far more than to business prosperity or a flourishing of the arts. The single most important action contributing to whatever health and strength there is in our land is prayer.

Proverbs 11:11 "By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked."

Any revitalization of faith in this country will have to start with prayer, in which we gain a sense of the living presence of God. (George Gallup Jr.)

Following America’s war for independence, the country went into a moral and spiritual tailspin. Alcoholism was a major problem as nearly 8% of the population could be classified as confirmed drunkards. Crime was on the rise. The churches were in decline. One Massachusetts minister reported that in 16 years not one young person had joined his church. John Marshall, Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court wrote that the church was too far gone to be revived." A survey of the Harvard student body found that not even one student claimed to be a believer. The influence of Christianity and the church was definitely on the wane. Then God intervened. He did it through a concert of prayer. Jonathan Edwards, inspired by a Scottish minister’s effort to rally that nation’s Christians to pray for revival, issued a little book entitled "An Humble Attempt to Promote Explicit Agreement and Visible Union of God’s People in Extraordinary Prayer for the Revival of Religion and the Advancement of Christ’s Kingdom on Earth." The spiritual awakening that swept Great Britain after John Wesley’s death also motivated another New England pastor to send out a plea for prayer. There developed a network of prayer meetings that involved churches all over the country. In 1795 they designated the first Tuesday of every quarter as a day of prayer. Soon revival broke out in pockets here and there. Then came the great camp meetings of the summer of 1800. That revival launched the missionary movement and played a big part in the abolition of slavery. By the middle of that century, however, things had gotten bad again. One man who was grieved by all the materialism and strife, called a prayer meeting in New York City. Only six showed up, but the following week there were 40. Within a few months a number of churches and public buildings in downtown New York were filled with people praying. It wasn’t long until a Chicago shoe salesman felt God’s call on his life and began a 40 year ministry that resulted in a million conversions. His name was D. L. Moody. It all started with prayer and was sustained by prayer. Then again in the early years of the current century, Christian people sensed a need for awakening and began to pray. One of them was a praying young man named Evan Roberts of Wales. One night he asked his pastor for permission to speak after a prayer meeting. Only 17 people heard his plea for confession and obedience, but they responded and within days people were flocking to that church from other towns. The great Welch revival was beginning and would eventually sweep over the rest of Britain as well as many European countries and others overseas. It began with prayer meetings and culminated in a great spiritual harvest.
Revival grows out of prayer, especially the "extraordinary prayer" Jonathan Edwards talked about. That’s what happens when people get up an hour early in the morning just to pray or skip their noon mean to spend the time in prayer. When we pray, God will send revival. [J. Edwin Orr, "A landslide of prayer" Decision, Jan 1992. Pages 29-30.]

PRAY FOR THE CONVERSION OF THE LOST.

I Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Romans 10:1 "Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved."

Paul’s prayer for Israel was not focused on national survival or deliverance from Roman occupation but for his people to come to a personal saving knowledge of and relationship with Jesus Christ.

Christians need to pray two prayers “Lord send the Light to those lost in darkness” and “ Lord, let my Light shine in the darkness.”

Matthew 9:38 "Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest."

When you pray be prepared to be the answer to your prayer.

I know that whatever happens - God is in ultimate control - I just want to be sure I am seeking his guidance when it comes time.

Another LONG Post from me...

Favor Minded
[type]

Favor Minded
unregistered

I see alot of this ABB stuff...

But How about a reason WHY?

Give some specific reasons why you could possibly want to vote for Kerry over Bush?

BAD Decision!

The Word teaches us that we are to support and pray for our leadership - It teaches us that we are to believe that our leaders (Yes, this means Bush) are in their position ON PURPOSE, and that God has placed them there.

It teaches us that we arew to serve them well, and pray for their guidance and direction.

How can anyone sit by and state Anybody but bush?

Who in recent history has taken a stand for Chrisianity? And I don't mean said "I'm a Christian" - I mean taken a stand for what the Word teaches...

NO GAY Marriage, PERIOD! Abortion is WRONG, PERIOD!

Kerry has not does this - Just the opposite - How can you go against what God has placed in power to accept what the enemy would have you believe it a better choice?

The populist charm of Edwards is enough to make you realize that he is indeed an ideal candidate for leading into the AntiChrist - If you study who and what they will be, how they will rise, what they will be educated in, and how they wil Charm the world, you cannot help but wonder if these two guys are helping usher in the rise to power of the Antichrist.

Bush may be the goat in Daniels prophecy, the little horn maybe, but Kerry stands for something else - SOmething elusive and just plain scary -

And Edwards has the charm, charisma, and appeal, not to mention the clout and world wide acclaim that the prophecies spoke of to be watchful for....

I do not think that Kerry is the right choice - And if you are taking the ABB stance, you are going against the Word which teaches us to support and serve those placed in these positions....

FM

[1zhelp] [type] [Prayer] [Confused] [Bible]

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is no National Security that, protect our shores there is no need to worry about gay, work, pay, home. For there will be camps for terrorist and your freedom of words will be giving to the gods of this world that nether see white, brown, Demo or Rep. If you don’t believed in their Allah and follow him you are infidel! Moreover, death is you seal!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that! ^_^

--------------------

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January.... in the fair city of Detroit (Michigan) there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's one American city folks, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq!

Worst president in history?

The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the editor Please forward to all on your list as this will put things in perspective:

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history. Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.

Let's look at the 'worst' president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. (I think history might show Eisenhower committed the troops and Kennedy was honoring that commitment.)

Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our military is GREAT! PASS IT ON.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Endoxos! I wanted to say something about that, but couldn't find the words!

--------------------
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

quote:
Originally posted by NeFan77:
I am expecting my first child in October, and I will not be homeschooling as in the concept of having him or her sit at the dining room table learning math and history and spelling. As I stated in my previous post, I wanted to keep my opinions on homeschooling to myself mainly because I have an admitted ignorance concerning how it works. But I do question how a child develops "real world" skills such as conflict resolution and peer communications when they don't interact with other kids who in that interaction cause conflict and force communication. Again I am admittedly ignorant on homeschooling, which is all the more reason to send my kid to private or public schools when the time comes.

Hey, congrats on your child. Catch up on your sleep now while you can. You'll need it.
You know, I hear about "real world skills" from nearly everyone. Well, with my family, we've got twin boys, and they've a slew of worldly cousins. "Conflict Resolution" comes in with settling who gets what when (and since they're the oldest of the young ones, they tend to set the example of what to do and not do). We also take them to the local parks (for "social skills" [not that that was ever a problem with them anyhoo], the library, shopping trips (for the purpose of *them* shopping), have them do chores (yes, chores can be used as schooling as well ^_^), take care of pets, and nearly all of our neighbors have kids too (for more "socialization"... although IMHO socialization is overrated... secular kids in school focus on who's popular, what clothes they have, and who's in what clique, and this bridges over into RL, corrupting the innocence of a child who, beforehand, could care less about what they wore or who's popular).

Homeschooling isn't "yank them out of the world and put them in a little box with no friends or life". It's making sure you know what they doing, and with whom; it's giving them the 1-on-1 attention that causes a child's intelligence to flourish, instead of the 35-50 child to 1 teacher ratio that promotes the concept of "either the whole class is held behind because of the one child who doesn't get it, or the one child is left behind to fail for the sake of the whole class to learn what's expected of them".

I have heard it best that no one knows the child better than the parent. Homeschooling put the parent in charge of what needs to be done, instead of a committee who cares about "finishing the book", "the rest of the class did it, why can't you?" and "perfect attendance (read as $50 per day per student per teacher for the school)".

quote:
But I will realize that ultimately at 18 years of age my child will face a brutal world. A world not of veggie tales, or Puff the Magic Dragon, but a world in decline on the long spiral to hell and Godlessness. Maybe I am wrong here, but instead of protecting my child's innocence, hopefully I will be arming him for battle, and he will make his/her own decisions that will honor God.
Arm them, yes. I fully agree there. But at the expense of innocence? Arm them while innocent, and yet know the enemy is like a roaring lion... that way they have a chance to fight off temptation, knowing that sin is wrong, and this will become habit, to hate sin instead of embracing it. The power of arming them diminishes once they've met the enemy, and are having dinner with him.

--------------------

NeFan77
Advanced Member
Member # 2973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeFan77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm gonna make my replies short and sweet (Please don't take offense, I'm not feeling too good). If you voted, and found out whether you voted or not, regardless as to who you voted for, it didn't matter, but what mattered is that a certain class of people's votes matter, would you still vote? You don't become pres. by winning the popular vote, but rather, by the electoral college's vote. Bush proved that.
I am not going to argue with you that the elctoral college failed to vote with the way of the people. However the last election was only the second time in US history that that has ever happened. I would vote because it is my right, regardless of the fact that my best friend, brother, coworker, or even my wife voted the opposite of what I did. I would vote because while we wave flags showing support for our troops, men, women, and even children have died to protect that right. I would vote because I served 4 and 1/2 months in the nasty Persian Gulf to ensure that I had the right to vote. In all honesty these few facts alone should be enough for anyone to vote.

quote:
Hey. It works. Do you homeschool or teach your own children? If so, you know every little bit counts.
I am expecting my first child in October, and I will not be homeschooling as in the concept of having him or her sit at the dining room table learning math and history and spelling. As I stated in my previous post, I wanted to keep my opinions on homeschooling to myself mainly because I have an admitted ignorance concerning how it works. But I do question how a child develops "real world" skills such as conflict resolution and peer communications when they don't interact with other kids who in that interaction cause conflict and force communication. Again I am admittedly ignorant on homeschooling, which is all the more reason to send my kid to private or public schools when the time comes.

quote:
Now this is what incenses me. Do you have young children? Do you try to raise them morally? Do you try to protect their innocence? If so, how would you feel if your 7 year old child comes up to you saying "Mom (or Dad), Stripperella is a cartoon. Can I watch it? She fights crime, and is a 'good guy'. So can I?" and "Mom, what's a Stripperella?". What about, from that same child, "I want MTV to pimp my ride". What about the kids who don't know to change the channel, and hear this stuff in the brief instances when Dad's at work, and Mom's off doing something for a moment? You tell me how I can keep my children's innocence, and allow them to watch Spongebob Squarepants without having to be a TV-dictator in their eyes?
As I stated above I am expecting my first child. And you do make some very good arguments. What I will say is that I will trust in the teachings that my wife and I will provide. I will trust in the help I will recieve from family and friends, church brothers and sisters. But ultimately I will rely on God to provide me with the strength and courage to face situations as a parent that are uncomfortable. But I will realize that ultimately at 18 years of age my child will face a brutal world. A world not of veggie tales, or Puff the Magic Dragon, but a world in decline on the long spiral to hell and Godlessness. Maybe I am wrong here, but instead of protecting my child's innocence, hopefully I will be arming him for battle, and he will make his/her own decisions that will honor God. As Hyman G. Rickover once said, "Good decisions come from experience; experience comes from bad decisions."

quote:
Because of what Bush has done, my husband actually *has* a job now. You might lose a bit of money, but now we don't need to choose "house payment, car payment, or food".
I am very happy that your husband was able to get work. However, the president has broken more labor laws than he has tried to fix. He violated workers rights to form the Homeland Security Department, and his restructuring of the Overtime Laws has given control of the the classification of workers responsibilities to Big Business, which effects us all. You said earlier that the Electoral College has the control...well with Bush in office, big corporate sponsors are in charge. They will soon have the ability to reclassify workers as professionals and deny them OT, something that many American families unfortunately rely on for their mortgage and food bills. They will also have the ability to restructure your work week such that you will work 80 hours in a two week period, but it may be 60 hours one week, and 20 the next. While this seems great for the family, what happens when "Billy" has a ballgame on your 60 hour work week? Or even better, what happens when a 7 figure CEO decides that you get to work a 12 hour day vice 8?

As much as people look down on unions, the idea behind why they were founded and why they are still needed is being challenged by the weakening of the workers rights. I don't say this because I toe the party line, I say this because it matters to me. As for money out of my pocket, you are right, overtime is a bonus to me. But some of my union brothers and sisters, and men and women that I work with, who work rotating shiftwork, have to feed and house and cloth their families.

Aside from all of this wonderful back and forth action, I would only urge you, Endoxos, to take the 5 minutes and exercise your right to vote. As I have taken 30 minutes to reply to you twice shows that your opinion matters to someone....me.

Posts: 81 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NeFan77.

I know I have a tendency to come off abrasive, and rough sometimes, as well as have some "Different" views on things.

But that in no way means, I hold a personal grudge against you or anyone here, I want you to know that. Thank you for the Apology, and I hope that you will accept mine as well, for, you would not be made to feel like that, if I had not in the past, said things to bring about this opinion of me. [mad2] (I am the Flamezoid) [roll on floor]

I want to add, I do agree with your views on this.

However, I did especially love the part about the “Old College Try” just not being good enough.

I wonder, would we have said ”Well you know Jesus was supposed to be the messiah, and well, after they started hitting him with the cat of nine tails, well, he just flipped out and busted in a buncha heads so we are minus one roman empire, but you know, we kinda have to accept his as a savor, after all, he did give it the old college try to die for our sins” [pound]

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

My kids are 8, and have earned our respect and trust on their moral decisions. And even though I trust them as I do, I am not going to sit with them every time they watch TV until the day they turn 18.

For them, TV is a priveledge, and they have earned the ability to channel surf, to choose from the channels they are allowed to watch, as they please (insuring they tell me what they're watching first, of course). However, inbetween those channels are channels *I* wouldn't even watch.

Now, am I to hold their hands in everything they must do, showing them that I don't trust them enough to make the right decision? Or is it too much to ask the secular to show a little morality during the waking hours? Let them have their smut, their gang-music, their drugs, and their death past 10pm, but have concern for the children during daylight hours.

--------------------

Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

quote:
Originally posted by Endoxos:
What about the kids who don't know to change the channel, and hear this stuff in the brief instances when Dad's at work, and Mom's off doing something for a moment? You tell me how I can keep my children's innocence, and allow them to watch Spongebob Squarepants without having to be a TV-dictator in their eyes?

I don't think that any child under 4 doesn't know how to change the channel, and I hope you aren't afraid of being a "tv nazi" to anyone under 4, because if you are, then you've got bigger problems than Spongebob. So, I'll talk about kids over 4. My daughter is 5 and she knows how to change the channel, and she knows that when Spongebob comes on, she'd better change the channel 'cause even if Mom isn't in the room, she'll hear that annoying theme song and make her change it anyway. Do I look like a tv dictator to her? I don't know and I don't care. It isn't my job to be nice all the time. It's my job to protect my child from the evil in the world and to teach her how to avoid it herself.

quote:
So if you choose morality, do you dictate to your kids what channel they can watch and when? Do you control the radio tuner at all times?
Yes, I do tell my kid what channel she can watch and when. When she's old enough to understand, I'll explain to her why I do this. And I do control the radio tuner at all times...except when my dh controls it. [biglaugha]

quote:
Tell me, how do you ensure your children won't be exposed to garbage, yet still be "the nice guy", and not say "*I'll* change the channel for you"?

I don't see why you have to be "the nice guy" and not say "*I'll* change the channel for you." It's not your job to be "the nice guy." It's your job to be the parent. I refuse to get rid of my tv because there are certain shows that I like to watch, and there are tons of educational, moral shows for my daughter to watch. But I will not allow her to watch immoral shows just because I don't want to be seen as "the bad guy" or as a tv dictator. I understand the possibility of her turning from the path I'm leading her down and rebelling when she's older, but before that happens, I'll make sure she understands why I've monitored her media exposure so closely.

--------------------
 -  -

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

quote:
Originally posted by NeFan77:
It is real unfortunate that many people share this view. I know that I can't make anyone vote but to put it in an analogy: You wouldn't throw away a dollar just because it is only worth a 16 oz Pepsi, so why would you throw away your right to vote??

I'm gonna make my replies short and sweet (Please don't take offense, I'm not feeling too good). If you voted, and found out whether you voted or not, regardless as to who you voted for, it didn't matter, but what mattered is that a certain class of people's votes matter, would you still vote? You don't become pres. by winning the popular vote, but rather, by the electoral college's vote. Bush proved that.

quote:

I certainly don't agree that we are voting for the lesser of two evils. In my opinion it seems a little early to be calling John Kerry "evil", since he hasn't even had a chance to serve as president.

Isn't the opinion of permissible killing of unborn infants evil enough?

quote:
I personally have trouble swallowing the opinion that 'W' has succeeded just by trying.
It's better than sitting on your hiney doing nothing at all, as Clinton did.

quote:
I also feel that the war in Iraq was misconcieved. I might make mention to the total disregard for North Korea who, hello, actually has WMD!!
I agree there too. However, Iraq wouldn't nuke us if they had it... (pft! they *couldn't* even if they wanted to). NK would.

quote:
I firmly believe that school vouchers are not the best way to handle education costs.
Hey. It works. Do you homeschool or teach your own children? If so, you know every little bit counts.

quote:
What happens when someone who has no kids questions why they need to pay taxes for education.
What's stopped them before the vouchers?

quote:
We need to take responsibility and STOP blaming a declining society for the filth that we, and more importantly our children are exposed to. You don't like what's on TV or the Radio, change the channel!!
Now this is what incenses me. Do you have young children? Do you try to raise them morally? Do you try to protect their innocence? If so, how would you feel if your 7 year old child comes up to you saying "Mom (or Dad), Stripperella is a cartoon. Can I watch it? She fights crime, and is a 'good guy'. So can I?" and "Mom, what's a Stripperella?". What about, from that same child, "I want MTV to pimp my ride". What about the kids who don't know to change the channel, and hear this stuff in the brief instances when Dad's at work, and Mom's off doing something for a moment? You tell me how I can keep my children's innocence, and allow them to watch Spongebob Squarepants without having to be a TV-dictator in their eyes?

quote:
The Republican party, and in particular Conservative Christianity is moving to stop free thought. The recent FCC proposals as to radio station ownership and newspaper ownership shows that the ability to develop and expand thoughts and actions are being infringed upon all in the name of "Morality". In my view, Morality starts at home, as in my household!
So if you choose morality, do you dictate to your kids what channel they can watch and when? Do you control the radio tuner at all times? For the sake that those who embrace sin can spread the details of their lives into everyone's home whether they like it or not? The *LAST* thing I wanna hear, whild flipping channels, is how Howard Stern is "hung like a pimple". But because of his mouth, that phrase has been stuck in my head for WELL over a decade now.

Tell me, how do you ensure your children won't be exposed to garbage, yet still be "the nice guy", and not say "*I'll* change the channel for you"?

quote:
Aside from what I mentioned above, he has attempted to reclassify McDonald's workers as manufacturing jobs, he has proposed ludicrious overtime laws that come 2007 when my union contract is up will cost me a great deal of money.
Because of what Bush has done, my husband actually *has* a job now. You might lose a bit of money, but now we don't need to choose "house payment, car payment, or food".

--------------------

NeFan77
Advanced Member
Member # 2973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeFan77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother Tyme,

I owe you an apology. I saw that you had posted to my reply, and I was sure that you were going to light me up!! I am sorry that I thought that way towards your post before I even read it.

NeFan77

Posts: 81 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I follow the ABB

I would vote for Satan over Bush, and that is just sad.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NeFan77
Advanced Member
Member # 2973

This post may get a little warm due to concern I have for this issue.

quote:
I don't vote. 1.) Because out votes really don't matter; the electoral college's does and 2.) You're only voting for "the lesser of two evils".
It is real unfortunate that many people share this view. I know that I can't make anyone vote but to put it in an analogy: You wouldn't throw away a dollar just because it is only worth a 16 oz Pepsi, so why would you throw away your right to vote??

I certainly don't agree that we are voting for the lesser of two evils. In my opinion it seems a little early to be calling John Kerry "evil", since he hasn't even had a chance to serve as president.

quote:
Bush (and Cheney, although I honestly still can't pick Cheney out from a crowd), although deceptive, did make an effort to liberate the oppressed Iraqi's, made an effort to help schoolkids by "No Child Left Behind" (even despite the fact it's not working, he tried) and the school voucher concept (which is helpful to homeschooling families). He has also stood for the sanctity of the traditional family.
I personally have trouble swallowing the opinion that 'W' has succeeded just by trying. I think that line applies to little league baseball. As a citizen I think it is more becoming of us to expect more from our leader than the old college try. As stated in my first post his No Child Left Behind program is a farce, considering that it has been underfunded from day one, with a majority of the funding being allocated back to fund the invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq.

I also feel that the war in Iraq was misconcieved. I might make mention to the total disregard for North Korea who, hello, actually has WMD!!

As for the sanctity of the family, I will agree with you. His proposed amendment to the constitution is a great idea from a Christian perspective. I firmly believe that school vouchers are not the best way to handle education costs. What happens when someone who has no kids questions why they need to pay taxes for education. Or someone who doesn't drive questions why their money is being put into road repairs? If we were to pick and choose the public programs that we use, than it is likely that there would be no Public Radio, no public concerts, no public television, etc etc.

I am going to put a lot out here and say that we, ourselves, as adults are responsible for our own lives, and the lives that we have been charged with. We need to take responsibility and STOP blaming a declining society for the filth that we, and more importantly our children are exposed to. You don't like what's on TV or the Radio, change the channel!!

You may not agree, but free thought is a great gift. Another thread on this boards debated the concept of free will. We have free will! We have the capability of thought, and we have the ability to make choices. God would not have put us here if he didn't want us to choose him. Notice the word choose. The Creator may have been better served to create Pug Puppies if he wanted robotic reactions to his love. The Republican party, and in particular Conservative Christianity is moving to stop free thought. The recent FCC proposals as to radio station ownership and newspaper ownership shows that the ability to develop and expand thoughts and actions are being infringed upon all in the name of "Morality". In my view, Morality starts at home, as in my household!

This President has done numerous things that many people think are great. Unfortunately I think most of the stuff he has done has been very poorly concieved. Aside from what I mentioned above, he has attempted to reclassify McDonald's workers as manufacturing jobs, he has proposed ludicrious overtime laws that come 2007 when my union contract is up will cost me a great deal of money. His war in Iraq is probably going to be my generations Vietnam, ironically a war he did not fight in.

All in all, as I said in my 1st post, you could put Charlie Tuna or Mickey Mouse on the ballet and I would vote for him.....

PS Here is a recent CBS newstory concerning the "Environmental Bush Administration", yeah right!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/01/60minutes/main609889.shtml

Sorry if the link doesn't work...

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot someting else. Even though the President admits that Christians are slaughter ever day and children killed in North Korea, he refused to help them because that Country has no oil. We would not be in Iraq, if they did not have oil.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for the President last time but I will not this time.
First I am upset about the way he is doing the war. I think we should have done more bombing and less ground troops like his father did.

Second, I am upset because he wants to outlaw buying prescription drugs from Canada because of his not wanting to upset the drug company.

My husband worked for over 20 years hard on his job but when he became disabled we both lost our health insurance. If we did not get his medicine from Canada, he could have another stroke or die.
In my humble oponion the President is like alot of Republicans and only for the rich and the owners of business and not for the common man.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

I don't vote. 1.) Because out votes really don't matter; the electoral college's does and 2.) You're only voting for "the lesser of two evils".

Bush (and Cheney, although I honestly still can't pick Cheney out from a crowd), although deceptive, did make an effort to liberate the oppressed Iraqi's, made an effort to help schoolkids by "No Child Left Behind" (even despite the fact it's not working, he tried) and the school voucher concept (which is helpful to homeschooling families). He has also stood for the sanctity of the traditional family.

Kerry is Mr. WishyWashy. He proclaims Christianity, yet stands for anti-Christian marriages and families. He seeks to raise gas prices (for cryin' out loud, it's up to $2.20 a gallon in some places! They don't need to rise any more). He once said that focusing on the economy was more important than focusing on morality, so we can expect more people like "Bubba the love sponge", the FCC becoming more lax in what one can and can't say, and more antics like Janet Jackson's.

My biggest concern is media morality. I've got two boys, 8 years old, and I really don't want them to hear the garbage that the media proudly proclaims "all the other boys say and do this...". And if thing's don't change for the better, I'm trashing my TV.

--------------------

NeFan77
Advanced Member
Member # 2973

I am not ashamed to place my opinion out here, but I will not be casting my vote for 'W'.

As indicated by my vote education is a big concern for me. I think that Bush has made a poor attempt at increasing the standards of education, and his no child left behind program can't work when his administration has cut the funding to it!

Kerry doesn't make my heart palpatate with joy, but I will be voting ABB, Anybody But Bush come November.

Certainly I look forward to a conservative reply to my very liberal view! This poll should make good reading....

NeFan77
Advanced Member
Member # 2973

In the upcoming election what is the biggest issue for you to deal with when casting your vote for the runners?

If you feel so inclined, post a message stating why....

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement