Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Left Behind Series

Author Topic: Left Behind Series
Joyful Heart
Advanced Member
Member # 2407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful Heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read quite a few, myself, and they have been absolute page-turners. While I understand that it's all fiction it did make me think of things that I hadn't throught of before.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have them all. That is one of the few books I buy instead of getting from the Library. We are on a fixed income but, I find the left behind books a must. My sister also a Christian refuses to read them. She thinks she is "too spiritual" to read Christian fiction. Only non-fiction.
Me, I read a series Christian Mystery book and even read Christian romance. I think there is room in a Christian for books to read for fun as well as serious books for study. But, then again, I will never be as "good" as my sister, just ask her. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mairy
Advanced Member
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mairy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen any of them, but many of my friends like the series very much. It may be well written and enjoyable. But I am post-trib so I myself have not read them. It would seem that almost all who like them are pre-trib, like the series, most post-trib people that have read them feel they do a disservice to Christians, who feel they will be raptured away before the anti-Christ comes and causes his havoc. I do not wish to start a discussion with anyone about this, because I have found they prove fruitless, and some get angry. Just wanted to reply to the previous post. Thank you
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joyful Heart
Advanced Member
Member # 2407

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Joyful Heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, dear friends.

I was wondering what you all thought of the Left Behind Series. Have any of you read them? What did you think? I am very curious to hear your opinions as I have seen mixed thoughts on them.

Have a blessed day!

Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement