Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Do you want Jesus to return during your lifetime?

Author Topic: Do you want Jesus to return during your lifetime?
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cynthia2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only 18, so I would not want it to happen right now. There is too much that I have not seen or done. I wouldn't really want to leave earth now because that would mean that I wasted so much time is school for absolutely nothing. LOL. I am only joking about the school thing, but I would like to actually be able to use what I learned before I die/leave the earth.
Posts: 26 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaughterAnn
Advanced Member
Member # 2055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaughterAnn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as a matter of clarification on how I voted, I don't believe in the pre-trib rapture that I was brought up with.

I do believe that we will be here during the horrific events that precede the rapture and those will be awful (substitute awesome, terrible, exciting, etc...) days. A poetic mix of horrifying and ecstacy in the hope of the coming of our Lord.

I don't anticipate that those days will be "fun", but I am still somewhat looking forward to them.

--------------------
DaughterAnn †

"Isaiah 6:
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Posts: 60 | From: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 2 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betch a can't guess what I picked.. [Razz]

Rach, [Smile]
I understand how you feel, but do you understand that the rapture is our Blessed Hope?

Jesus ask us to watch for him,and to be aware of the seasons we are living in.

Maybe being a teacher you should be preparing your young people for the return of our Lord Jesus. He is going to come back, and the prophices tell us it will be soon.

There is coming a day Rach when people will be asking you, what was it like living in the last days before christ came back? How did it feel to see prophecy fullfilled? It is a very exciting time to be a Christian.

God has given you a wonderful life and he wants you to enjoy it, he wants you to live.

But he also wants you to know that, the rapture, or death is not the end it is only the beginning.

[thumbsup2]

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rach
Advanced Member
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Lord came bak for us, right this minute, I know that I would be ready. But at the same time there is a part of me who still thinks, Lord there is so much left I want to experience. I am so young. I want to seee the world as the people before me have. I want to feel the arms of my own child around my neck, their sweet embrace. I want to see my own children, and the children I teach every day, to be the adults I helped mold them to be. Maybe it is selfish. I just feel there is so much of life I have not experienced, that so many people have not experienced. God gave us this beautiful life to live, and I want to live it. I hope that isn't wrong, or disheartening in God's eyes. I know when it is my time, it will be God's will, wether through death or through the rapture.

Yes the recent world events scare me to death, I see so much anger and destruction and so many things that are not holy or Godly- but I also see all of God's creations, I see my family who loves, and a peace that gives hope to a future where my husband and I can raise children someday, and at this point in my life- that is what I want more than anything else. So yes, if God wants me, and the end is near somewhere, my soul belongs to him, but I have this selfish part of my heart that wants what the generations before me have gotten.

Posts: 41 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a hard time with this. I am ready; for myself alone... I welcome his coming this very minute if he so desires. There is nothing, nor any relationship I have on this earth... not even with husband and children that is more precious to me or I want to hold onto a little while longer when balanced against wanting HIM.

but, at the same time how selfish to think that I want him to come now, nowing that he tarries still because so many are lost. How can we love him and bear the thought that if only a bit longer and one.. just one more might have been saved????

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish JESUS would come right now ; this very minute. The dreadful part is so many are not prepared!!! Every one in my family has been saved and I really look forward to the reunion with all my loved ones that have already gone!!! The events are troublesome but they must come to pass. My view is GOD is still in control and we must accept the future plans of THE ALMIGHTY!!!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a matter of spiritual maturity.

The longer one walks in obedience to Christ, the more one comes to love Him, and look forward to being with Him.

I think it's harder for the young, because when you're young you feel that your whole life is ahead of you, and you're looking forward to living that life. But as you get older, you realise that time is just flying by, your body is wearing out, and youth is a distant memory. You begin to long for that incorruptible body and the energy you had as a youth. You realize that it's been many years since you were young and hip, or cool, or whatever the current term is. You face it. You're getting old.

But here's where hope comes in. If Jesus comes to rapture us, then you're out of this corruptible body and into a glorified body. If He tarries, then death comes soon and the same result. And death holds little terror for the child of God.

It's hard for the young to comprehend thoughts like this. But you, too, will be getting old before you realize it.

(I hope I didn't ruin anybody's day with this post. [Wink] )

Gary [cool_shades] (I like this little guy. He looks like me!)

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TestaMint
Member # 1427

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TestaMint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that many Christians welcome the coming rapture, yet seem to speak regretfully of events that portend this event. Is the rapture something you WANT to happen? Or do you wish to remain on earth longer? If you are looking forward to the rapture, do you welcome events that suggest it is near (i.e., Israel events, EU)? I ask because it seems contradictory to look forward to the rapture yet condemn events that must happen in order for it to occur (i.e., growing power of EU).

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 34 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement