Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Straight Flag

Author Topic: Straight Flag
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Drew. It is pointless for us to back "moral" causes in themselves or to flaunt pride in being "moral" It's one thing to speak up against wrongdoing and to take a stand for Biblical principles, quite another to belittle ourselves to such things as this. Perhaps our time and money would be better spent promoting the Gospel.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
I declare myself for Christ, I do not need to declare myself a non-homosexual, not a liar, not a thief, not an adulterer, not a glutton, not a drunkard, etc.

Point well taken. This is the best response I've seen on three different boards. [thumbsup2]

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I declare myself for Christ, I do not need to declare myself a non-homosexual, not a liar, not a thief, not an adulterer, not a glutton, not a drunkard, etc.

That's a very good point, Drew. 'Nuff said!

(Dan, I couldn't bring up the other board last night either. But it's there this morning.)

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think someone is juat trying to use a gimmick and make a few dollars.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you're right, Gary. Maybe I ought to let it die a slow and natural death. But it's so strange I can't even goad anyone into commenting on it. If you look at the results, though, no one wants to buy the bumper sticker! I'll leave it alone for a few days.
(BTW, I can't call up that "other" board tonight.)

Dan

--------------------

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, I dunno Dan.

I looked at it over on our other BBS, and chose to ignore it.

If I ignore it here maybe it will go away?

I couldn't take it seriously.

Pride, it says. It's all about pride. As a Christian, all I can think of is that the Bible says "Pride goeth before a fall."

Whatever.

Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be a scary subject - people are afraid to take the poll anonymously much less talk about it.

As for me, I'm considering buying a bumper sticker and t-shirt so I can display it at Paramount's Kings Island on their "gay-day."

--------------------

Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, visit this site: http://www.straightflag.com./

Make sure to view the "Purpose" and "About the Flag" pages.

Then answer the questions. If your answer doesn't fit quite right, post.

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 17 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement