Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Body Piecing

Author Topic: Body Piecing
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I have my ears pierced twice, and I have a tattoo, I do not feel we should do these things. Now before everyone cries out "PULL THE LOG OUT OF YOUR EYE!", hear me out, these things occured to me much later ^_^. Think back, when God asked that altars be made of stone that was uncut by human hands (Exo. 20:25). He wanted what HE made, He wanted it natural. Think of the burnt sacrifices and the sin sacrifices... they were young animals without blemish, and in their unmodified form, as in no branding, not castrated, etc. Think of bread, how God and Jesus kept wanting it leaven-free... that it should be in a pure form, not adding anything to it to make it be something else. Now look at us. Should we allow ourselves to become blemished? We should render ourselves to be a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). Our bodies are God's temple... is it right to put holes in the wall of our local church? Then why put one in the place where it matters most, our bodies? God wants unhewn stones for an altar? Then why cut our own body with the needle of the tattoo gun?

Surely, what is on the outside doesn't matter, but with these things, it is to draw attention to ourselves. "Wasn't that tattoo painful?" "Look how pretty her earrings are!" "That was a skilled artist who did your tattoo!". What glory do we give God by damaging the vessel that He gave us to work with? God made each of us look the way we do for a reason. Who are we to say, "what you have given me isn't good enough, I want to dress it up with art, fine metals, and jewels"?

Our concern should be with our witness to those who do not have God... not upon fancying ourselves up. Having nice earrings or a cool tattoo isn't going to help turn anyone to God. But not having them might.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristi
Advanced Member
Member # 3396

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Kristi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not think it's okay to have your body pirerced all over.

I only have my ears pirerced and that is it, I would be to afraid of doing anything else. I am Not into body pirecing at all!!

Be Careful, Beeeeee Safe, Jesus Loves you!! \o/

--------------------
YSIC \o/
MsGuidedAngel aka KristiAnn
*~*Kristi Ann's Haven*~*

Posts: 109 | From: Oregon | God Loves You! | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm.

As the churches have images of great value on them, paintings on their walls to reflect devotion. Ceilings painted by masters of the Craft to show the beauty of the kingdom of God.

Can we not do the same to our Bodies? (Our temple to God himself)

Just a thought to ponder.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have pierced ears. I know many women who have pierced ears that are Spirit filled on fire for God women. (me, I am still growing in the Lord) But seeing how God is blessing these women and their ministry obviously having ear rings has not made God mad at them. I think it is all cosmetic. I think women with rings all over their face and bodies look cheap. But, I think it is personal preferance and not a Spiritual issue.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should be very careful in our dealings with people that have ear rings and stuff stuck in their bodies. What is done is done. We often times can't undo them. What we need to do is try to point out why we don't agree with the practice in the scriptures. It is plain they do not advocate the practice. What we MUST NOT do is tell someone that they are HELL bound because they practice these things. If the person sees the truth and stops putting them in then, good for them. But they often can not close the holes or remove the tatoo. But they decide it is wrong. DO NOT destroy their faith in the LORD by telling them because they have the holes they are HELL BOUND!

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
H2G2
Advanced Member
Member # 2443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H2G2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure it's fine.

There is no qualative difference between piercings and cutting your hair or shaving / growing a tash or beard. Both are done, in the main, to enhance your own self image.

Tattoos are a bit different due to their permanance but still fall more or less within the same framework of self adornment as wearing a tie (a useless garment) or makeup.

I do have 12 piercings and 2 tattoos though so I am a bit [Wink] biased

Posts: 40 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynthia2003
Advanced Member
Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cynthia2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think earrings are okay. I have 1 in each ear lobe and one in the cartlidge of my upper ear in one ear. I got the ones in the ear lobe when I was 10 and the one on my upper part of the ear when I was 16. I got the ones in my earlobes because it was normal for girls to have them and I wanted to be able to wear earings. I got the one in my upper ear because I wanted it. I didn't get it becaue "everyone eles was doing it". I got it becaue I liked the way it looked. I got it for myself, not others. And I only wear a stud or very small ring through it. I am mostly the only person that sees it anyway, because it is usually hiddin by my hair. And when the earing is out, I can't even see the hole unless I am holding a mirror a few inches away from it, and even then I can barely see it.
Posts: 26 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now here someone says, that what was done under the old Covenant is of no importance to the Church today, yet in another thread it is.

I think the point brought up ,was, body piercing was not just a pagan ritual but God's Children also did it. It may have begun during the Egyptian years but non-the-less, Aaron asked only for the Gold jewelry not any other jewelry. In essence keep your earings and such. Just the Gold. Then again why did Aaron ask for the gold? to build his golden calf.

Please know, I am not against nor for body piercings and tattoos. I have had a tattoo for mannnnnny years.[bit faded now] dont want another. But What are the reasons folks get these things now? And what Christian Witness does it portray? It's an individual thing and it IS between the individual and God.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldman01
Advanced Member
Member # 1955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goldman01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exodus 21:5,6, "But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,' then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life."

Exodus 32:2,3, "Aaron answered them, "Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me." So all the people took off their earrings and brought them to Aaron."

Exodus 35:22, "All who were willing, men and women alike, came and brought gold jewelry of all kinds: brooches, earrings, rings and ornaments. They all presented their gold as a wave offering to the LORD."

Numbers 31:50, " So we have brought as an offering to the LORD the gold articles each of us acquired-armlets, bracelets, signet rings, earrings and necklaces-to make atonement for ourselves before the LORD ."

Judges 8:24, "And he said, "I do have one request, that each of you give me an earring from your share of the plunder." (It was the custom of the Ishmaelites to wear gold earrings.)"

Ezekial 16:12, "and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head."

Just thought I'd list a few of the scriptures that show that people wore earrings and had piercings in those days. And as Judges says, it was customary for some of the people to wear such things.

I also wanted to put in Exodus 21:5,6. It showed significances behind certain piercings. A bond between a slave and his master! How beautiful!

--------------------
Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Posts: 24 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sky, thanks so much for praying for my husband and our family. I need the prayers as right now I have been struggling more with depression. I think the stress of juggling past memories and worrying about my husband's health are taking its toll.

Heather

Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather,
What a heartwarming story. I will pray for your husbands health and that God show Himself to him. I agree so much with what you are saying. I too think of myself as pragmatic. Maybe that is being a mom, maybe it is just how God wants me to be. None the less, I am a sinner and I strive to do as God wishes and what He wants me to be. As I consume the Word I grow and learn more about sin and God's intentions. Continue growing, my friend, God is already doing things in your life and will continue.
God Bless,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for confirming and softening your intents. I guess for me sometimes I am more pragmatic, being a mom. I also know that from some personal experience that when people come on too strong sometimes it drives people away, when that was not the loving intent of the people so vehement. The best example I can give is what happened to my husband. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are born again Christians who really love the Lord, and my husband is Catholic. Since I have known them they have condemned the Catholic church to my husband, even going so far as to give tracts to him about being a Catholic and going to Hell. That has only served to put a wedge between my husband and his desire to have a personal relationship with the Lord. Every chance they get they have spoken, including their children, of the sins of being a Catholic and how the Catholic's have it all wrong. My husband has distanced himself from them, does not listen to them, and is no closer to the Lord than before. And believe me, I know that there are also saved Catholics.

When my son was born my husband insisted I attend mass with the family. I pew sat, I did not know the Lord at all. I fumed in the pews because not only did I not know the Lord but I would go so far as to say that I was furious at the Lord because I saw him as abandoning me when I was being abused as a child. The Holy Spirit convicted me to read the Bible once through which I did (one last chance for God), and I started seeing how God hardened hearts. My second reading of the Bible some grace and mercy crept in. It was at that point that I met the pastor I told you about. He reeled me in with love and acceptance. And with his patience I finally could accept the Lord.

I asked this pastor about my husband and told him about my inlaws. This pastor told me not to speak one word to my husband but to let my life be the testimony. One day my husband made a disparaging comment about born again's and I quietly and respectfully reminded him that I was born again, and dropped the subject. It took years, but now my husband, of his own volition, is attending a Friday Bible study, the same way I started coming to the Lord. I keep him in prayer.

He now has health issues and I am trying hard to see this as a way of God pulling him closer to God. But I pray daily for his salvation. Even though I would rather go to the Bible based church, I still attend mass with my husband, I have to trust that God will bring my husband to him as the Bible promises that my whole family will serve the Lord. I also pray that my in laws do not drive a wedge between my husband and the Lord, undercutting what has been done so far. I have mentioned to my husband that some Christians are very legalistic, but that Christ wanted the spirit of the law. My husband has told me not to tell my in laws that I am saved because he says that they will condemn my church as well.

I guess, sorry for the long story, that that is why I get kind of scared when people are so adament. I have seen the harm that it can cause sometimes.

Heather

Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Salti,

I know my post most of the times come across as judging, I truly sorry for that, it is not my intention to judge anyone. I pray the Scriptures convict of what is righteous in the Kingdom of our Lord.

I post in hopes that the Scripture will speak to those that the Lord is conforming to the image of HIS SON.

The Lord has these years given me the time to grow and mature, and I do give that same time to others. We all start out as babies and need those that have matured to be patient and help us when we fall, even change a dirty diaper or two. But if you are 6 or 7 years old and needing your diaper changed, something is bad wrong.

I wish that the Word of Yahweh had been the foundation more and less of the thought of men as I first entered the straight gate.

I am tired of hearing people tell me why many doctrines, precepts and teaching are not for the Church today. Cultures change but the Scriptures are steadfast for all ages.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

I don't think the original post was an intent to judge this girl, but more of a question based on that situation...
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Thanks Salti, I was a bit surprised by the vehemence of some of the responses. Even so, I have teenage children and sometimes, although I would like to appeal to their more spiritual side, find that they will make a proper choice for a more fleshly reason. I figure that the spritual reason will one day be clear to them, and if the proper decision is made for a fleshly reason it gives them an opportunity to not be hurt until their understanding grows.

I am still a rather new Christian and find that sometimes people can put such heavy burdens on others, burdens that drive people away before they can be drawn more in. I don't know how old that child was, but assumed that she was rather young like a teen or young adult. Also, am not sure how long she has been a Christian, so was just trying to answer in ways that might work to convince someone to make a right choice.

But thanks for your response.

Heather

Salti
unregistered

Heather, please understand that the things I have posted here (and I would believe the same for some others posts) are directed toward what I understood the questions to be.. whether *believers* should do these things... When people come to know God, He will convict their hearts to change what needs to be changed, and He will often use other believers and conversations such as this to help people understand if their actions are truely pleasing to God.

It is not my intention, and I hope not the intention of any other here, to suggest that people with piercings or tatoos are to be looked down apon by believers. However, we are to examine our own lives and to seek what pleases God.

You cannot expect that any unbeliever can act Christlike or desire to be Christlike if they don't know Christ. Christ changed us. We did not change ourselves.

wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 14 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN!! Heather!

--------------------

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

I am glad that I have the pastor that I have in my church who views people with love and does not condemn them. He realizes that as people come closer to God and realize God's love in their lives that they will change. That God changes them in His own time frame. We have some rather "wierd" looking people attending our church, but nothing is said, better that they get steeped in the Word and the Word will change them. We are told not to judge them or speak critically to them, but to let the Holy Spirit do His work in them. You would be surprised to see how they change over time in that atmosphere of love and acceptance. That is not condoning what is "wrong" in their behavior, but it is letting God work on the areas that HE wants to work on, in a way and a pace that is right for them.

Without this pastor in my life, I would never have become saved, and would not have made so many changes so fast, I would have turned on my heel and walked out the door if too many burdens to conform would have been placed on me.

I know that that is not the practice of many, and how they approach their spiritual walks is fine, but for me, this approach has done wonders.

Heather

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What they did about jewlry under the Old Covenant is of no importance to us in the Church.

Our oppinions are unimportant.

1TIM 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1TIM 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

If your authority is the thoughts of men, then nothing I say makes any difference.

and if you think Grace is your license to disregaurd Scriptural standards placed upon the
Church, I am nobody but a voice crying in the wilderness, pointing souls to the Cross of Calvary and the Blood that purchaced mankinds freedom and telling souls there is way that seems right unto man, but the end thereof is destruction.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Just a couple of thoughts, the Israelites did give earings to melt for some of the altar pieces for the tabernacle so they did wear earings. I think that in all things moderation is a good thing. Also remember, that a servant could become permanently bonded to an Israelite family if they had their ear pierced as a sign of becoming a permanent servant for the family. With the body piercings what is the person becoming a servant to?

One thing that should be stressed about the body piercings is that there is great danger of infection in getting them. Some of them require exposing of private body parts to strangers. Often the piercer is not properly trained and that could cause damage to the body.

In our area, some of the people are now putting huge holes in their ears and stretching them out, at some point the ear is permanently disfigured.

I think the teens above were right, this is a fad that will be replaced by other fads. Often it is a plea for attention of some sort.

I don't know if these ideas help or not, but I sure hope they do.

Salti
unregistered

Firstly, let me say that I am not condemning any of you in my response. I am simply sharing my thoughts, as you have done. So please don't take it personal.

Helpforhomeschoolers stated that wearing earrings drew attention to ourselves and therefore is wrong for her. But clothes, our homes, our cars, many many things draw attention to us. Where do you draw that line? If we say, we have to have clothes, we dont have to decorate ourselves with jewelry. We also have to have a place to live, are we wrong to have anything in our homes that would be viewed as "decoration"?

If we say, ear pearcing is ok, but other piercings are not. We best not justify it with the fact that ear pearcing seems the norm here in the U.S. In other countries, nose piercing or other types is more common. Is it ok there and ear piercing ok here? Does God change based on what our society views as good and bad?

If we use the fact that ear piercing has been around for a long time, let's look at the history of it. It was originally a practice of pagan religions. Not something I'd think we would want to use to justify it.

If this sounds like I preaching against peirced ears, that isn't the case. I am just challenging traditional thought a bit. We don't need to get legalistic about this. But if we wish to speak against other types of piercings (which again, I am not advocatign either) we need to be clear as to our reasons "why" this is wrong or right.

wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my ears pierced 3 times, while my daughter does 5. That is total not per ear. Mine have been pierced since I was 10 years old, my daughters have been pierced since she was 10 as well...2 holes and then the others added in the last 5 years. I don't feel that it takes away from my relationship with God or my daughters relationship. While it might have started out as a fad, the ears being pierced have been going on for years and I think have become part of the norm. The body piercing I find rather gross. It is unsanitary and to me not appealing to the eye. But I also feel that Hollywood has conditioned our children that this is ok. Many models, actresses and even actors have shown us most, if not all, of their piercings. Portraying them as if they are some kind of trophy. This entices out children to want to be like them and therefore body piercings are acceptable. I wear earrings to church and have not noticed if other female members have pierced ears. To me, my ear piercings are to hang ornaments on, as in wearing a bracelet, or necklace, or even a watch. All the jewelry makes me feel more dressed up, more comfortable about how I look and therefore, instead of worrying what I look like, I can focus on what I need to focus on. To me, it is like wearing a dress to church. I am not comfortable in a dress, I would rather be in pants. In a dress I am not comfortable and that takes me away from my services to God. Also, we are told that God is with us always, well, then He has seen me naked and if He can handle that, He can handle me in pants.
Got off subject there a bit, sorry. My point is that if it is a distraction it is wrong. If it makes you more comfortable with who you are then go for it. (Now, hope my daughter doesn't see this! She wants a belly piercing!)
In His continual Service,
Sky [dance]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Salti:

My ears are pierced two holes, I never wore gaudy jewelry to begin with, but today I dont wear earings at all, because I have become convicted of the point that so many here have made and that is that 1. We cannot through outward adornment improve on what God has given us. 2. I no longer want to call attention to myslef, but to him. I believe that we as Godly women are to adorn ourselves with good works, not pretty bangles and bobbles. I love to look at pretty jewelry, but when you see a pretty piece someone is wearing what do you say? "Oh, your ring is beautiful!" "Oh, I like your earings!" I want pople to look at me and say "Oh, I want to know this Jesus that you call Lord." not "Oh, what a pretty ring"

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

All piercing are the same.(piercing is of the world)

We are told in Scripture to come out from among them be ye separate

2COR 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2COR 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2COR 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2COR 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,
2COR 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Matthew Henry
2 Corinthians 11-18 It is wrong for believers to join with the wicked and profane. The word unbeliever applies to all destitute of true faith. True pastors will caution their beloved children in the gospel, not to be unequally yoked. The fatal effects of neglecting Scripture precepts as to marriages clearly appear. Instead of a help meet, the union brings a snare. Those whose cross it is to be unequally united, without their willful fault, may expect consolation under it; but when believers enter into such unions, against the express warnings of God's word, they must expect must distress. The caution also extends to common conversation. We should not join in friendship and acquaintance with wicked men and unbelievers. Though we cannot wholly avoid seeing and hearing, and being with such, yet we should never choose them for friends. We must not defile ourselves by converse with those who defile themselves with sin. Come out from the workers of iniquity, and separate from their vain and sinful pleasures and pursuits; from all conformity to the corruptions of this present evil world. If it be an envied privilege to be the son or daughter of an earthly prince, who can express the dignity and happiness of being sons and daughters of the Almighty?

*uncertain sound*

1COR 14:6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or
by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
1COR 14:7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?
1COR 14:8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?
1COR 14:9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
1COR 14:10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them [is] without signification.
1COR 14:11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh [shall be] a barbarian unto me.
1COR 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual [gifts], seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

There is a True and a False Church existing in the world today.

Only the True Church is giving a certain sound, a clear distinct message of being separate from this world and love not the things in the world.

The reason manufacturers spend billions on advertising is to draw humanity into its trap. It is an easy road ( a broad way) to follow the worlds ways, but it takes a serious conscious effort on the part of an individual to not follow the ways of this world (Satan Kingdom at this time).

There is a narrow way that Yashua said leads to eternal life,

There is a broad way that Yashua said lead to eternal death,

Which path does your life prove you are on.

Repent while there is time, this is not a game.

--------------------

Salti
unregistered

Just curious to know how many of you see a difference in ear piercing and other types of piercings/tattoos.
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's really disgusting and an act of rebellion against the norm. People sometimes want these because the people they admire and idolize have these. I feel that a person should be happy with GODS' creation and not try to alter it or change it!
It's an act carried out by pagan religions and we should have separation from the worldly deeds that are nothing more than fads to blend in with the devils crowd!!! IMO , that's sort of a characteristic of demonic influence. The man spoke of in the gospel who was possessed by a legion of demons. He would take rocks and cut at his body. I see this as similar to tatoos and mutilation and peircing the flesh. I may be wrong but I consider the same force at work in both cases. GOD bless!!!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FloridaFormula5
Member # 1945

Icon 2 posted      Profile for FloridaFormula5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We Christians know that the Lord has made our bodies sacred temples by placing His own Spirit within them to dwell. We would never think of desecrating a Christian church or a Jewish temple or synagogue, even though those are mere stone structures. Yet, amazingly, we manage to entertain doubts about whether tattoos and piercings are consistent with the Christian life.

If it is sin to desecrate a concrete-and-glass house of worship, it is much worse to desecrate these living temples of the Holy Spirit! The civil authorities reserve the right to punish those who violate sacred buildings; God likewise warns us against the consequences of violating our sacred bodies. Many deceptions that feel like pleasure now will one day feel like pain.

Pretending that we can somehow improve upon God's creation by smearing it with grotesque artwork or fouling it up with various piercings is an idea that smacks of blasphemy. When God fashioned the human body, He gave the physical universe its most remarkable and stunning centerpiece. Drawing on our skin in an effort to achieve some artistic goal is several times more ridiculous than whipping out the Crayola crayons in some vain effort to improve upon the Mona Lisa.

When we do unnatural or immoral things with our bodies, we defile ourselves, or as Paul tells us in his letter to the Corinthians, "the immoral person sins against his own body." (1 Corinthians 6:18) The Gospel is the antidote to today's "extreme" culture, which seeks to compensate for a lack of inner peace with exaggerated outer stimuli. Jesus, conversely, reminds us to find our contentment not on earth but in Heaven. And we can never forget that our bodies will be resurrected, and that we will render to God an account for all we did IN them...and TO them.

He who sows for the flesh shall reap corruption from the flesh, but he who sows for the spirit shall reap everlasting life from the Spirit.

Galatians 6:8

Posts: 4 | From: Pembroke Pines, FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phaze
Advanced Member
Member # 1688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least piercing can be easy removed when the person decides they don't want it. Tatoos, on the otherhand, are costly to remove, and more of a bother.

I have seen far too many folks with a name tattooed on themselves, and in nearly every case, the name is of a former flame.

I would discourage the tattoo. Personally, I find them unattractive.

--------------------
Don't be a doubting Thomas

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apollo
Community Member
Member # 1408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apollo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would anyone want to take attention off of Christ unto themselves? Then still call themself's a Christian? Very good point, interestingly I believe the same is true in this situation.

Paul touched on that a bit in Timothy with regards to hair, the hair wasn't the issue the issue was taking attention away from God, unto yourself.

Posts: 10 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does this young lady know the Savior? so many young ladies don't know what inner beauty is. if a young lady has inner beauty she would probably not even consider tattoos. i feel the churches have failed to teach inner beauty and it is to the detriment of our young ladies.

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apollo
Community Member
Member # 1408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apollo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you my fellow Christian brothers, for all your thoughts.

Blessings

Posts: 10 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/bodypiercing.html

Uncool for Christian teens

We asked some Christian teens what they thought about piercings.

Sarah: “I think they're starting to look old-fashioned now. One set of earrings in your ears still looks OK, but barbells in eyebrows, nose studs and stuff like that really makes kids look like they haven't moved out of the 1990s.”
Nicholas: “I think some of them are fine. But nipples and tongues with things in them are a big turn-off for me.”

Jaq: “I guess some look all right, but I think that if you're good-looking you don't need them, and if you're not then you're not going to look any better with them. What looks really stupid is old people getting pierced. When I heard a girl say her father had his nipples pierced I just thought, 'This guy is having a mid-life crisis. His daughter needs to straighten him out'.”

Brianna: “I agree with Sarah. I think heavily pierced people are starting to look like they're from another timezone. Girls can still get away with them, but guys? They're fooling themselves.”

Jessica: “A lot of the non-Christian kids at my school only get piercings because their friends have them. I'm not in one of those groups, luckily, so I can avoid them and no one cares.”

There is no reason for Christian teens to have their bodies pierced. Like tattoos, it usually just draws attention to your body instead of to Christ. You really need to ask yourself why you want one. If it is because you think it will make you seem cool, you are wrong. It will cost you money for something that may give you bad health problems either straight away or years down the track. Bad health has never been cool.
And remember, many of those holes never close over. Once you've got one there is no going back. Even if you have the hole sewn up, it can leave an ugly scar.

You don't need body piercing to belong to any Christian group. You are in charge of your body for God. If you don't want to risk infection, disease, allergy, or long-term cancer — good for you! Stick to your beliefs and avoid body-piercing!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when is anything that's popular in the world today okay by God? Seriously though, I don't think so, and I also just plain don't like body piercings. Guys shouldn't have any at all and if a girl has to, shouldn't be any more than one in each ear. I can't think of any other scriptures about this, sorry I can't really help. [Frown] Anyway that's my two cents.

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apollo
Community Member
Member # 1408

Hey guys I know this beautiful Christian girl that feels it's okay to have several body piecing does anyone know of any scripture that tells us differently then that?

Leviticus 19:28 "You shall not make any cuts in body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves; I am the Lord"

That's the best I can find, can anyone help me?

Blessings,

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 45 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement