Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Your opinion: what is the most threatening religion in the world today?

Author Topic: Your opinion: what is the most threatening religion in the world today?
Producer Tim
Community Member
Member # 1456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Producer Tim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the Last dayse are here and that there are a LOT of things people belive in that are false. I belive that saten is trying is hardest to desive people these days. I think that God is not a religon its life! its not just a beliefe its reality! and any thing based on tradition its false. You have to know God in Person!
Posts: 7 | From: Alaska | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you take the question to mean what religion is the most dangerous to the world, I have to say Christianity, because all the other religions are OF the world and friends with the world. Christianity is the only one which is not of the world.

It's also interesting to ask the question, "What religion is the most dangerous to the church?" In that case I think it would be secular humanism, a religion which has infiltrated many Christian denominations, portraying it's own teachings as Christian, deceiving many, and destroying churches. It is a cancer in the church.

Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible says fear not the one that can take your mortal body, but the one who can throw your soul in Hell after your body is killed.

So to me threatening did not mean violent, or agressive or I might have picked Islam.

I picked Catholicism, because the RCC has evangelized a great deal of the world, and it claims to be Christianity, and indeed the one true church, but I do not believe it is.

Much of the world already believes that catholocism is Christianity, and this belief threatens from both sides in that it keeps some from wanting anything to do with Christianity, and it deceives others into believing they are following Christianity.

A hindu, a buddist, a Muslim, all know that they are not following Christ.

A Catholic believes he is following Christ, by following the RCC and is likely not.

Because the RCC purports to those they evangelize that they are Christian, then the poor and illiterate in 3rd world countries (even is this country on the native American Indian Reservations)where the RCC have evangelized heavily are particularly at risk, as they might not have access to or may not be able to read or hear the true Christian doctrine, being exposed only to the Catholic traditions, they cannot evaluate the TRUTH of the Bible, and thus can be deceived readily.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TestaMint
Member # 1427

Icon 16 posted      Profile for TestaMint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What religion do you think is most threatening to the people of the world? That can mean many different things, and take it as you will. If you have time, please take a minute and explain your response. Thanks.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 21 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement