Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Do you fear persecution for being a Christian?

Author Topic: Do you fear persecution for being a Christian?
Konnie
Community Member
Member # 1389

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Konnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I hear about it but never experienced it.

--------------------
NO Jesus, No Peace. Know Jesus, know peace.

Posts: 10 | From: Garber, Oklahoma | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
especially by those who call themselves "Christians"
You seem to infur you don't view us as "Christians"
I don't just call myself a christian I known I am a born-again, spirit filled, desciple of Jesus.

2Co 5:17 Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence.

Gal 2:16 Yet, we know that people don't receive God's approval because of their own efforts to live according to a set of standards, but only by believing in Jesus Christ. So we also believed in Jesus Christ in order to receive God's approval by faith in Christ and not because of our own efforts. People won't receive God's approval because of their own efforts to live according to a set of standards.

who we accept as our separated brethern in CHRIST.
I don't care what you accept, I am accepted by YHWH as His son! Praise God I am "In Christ" and have fellowship with all other "brothers in Christ". I am only separated from non-beleivers, so if we are separated it means one of us is not "In Christ"

Who is not "In Christ" and separated from fellowship???

Rom 8:1 So those who are believers in Christ Jesus can no longer be condemned.

Gal 3:26 You are all God's children by believing in Christ Jesus.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catholicious
Advanced Member
Member # 726

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Catholicious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JefffreyLloyd:
Amen. I choose it and I am proud of it. The stating the fact that the Bible said his church would be persecuted, and I now as Catholic, understand what the Scripture meant. I didn't as a Baptist.

quote:
Originally posted by njclary:
JL; This is a 'persecution' you chose; --should have stayed a Baptist-- God Bless - Joel

I stand by you Jefffrey! We as Catholics are definitely a target of persecution, especially by those who call themselves "Christians" and who we accept as our separated brethern in CHRIST. Peace be with you brother Jeff!

Catholicious [Bible] [Prayer] [Bible]

--------------------
Acts 20:29-30 (NAB)
29 I know that after my departure savage wolves will come among you, and they will not spare the flock.
30 And from your own group, men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them.

1 Peter 3:15-16 (RSV)
15 but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;
16 and keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are abused, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

Matthew 5:11 (KJV)
5 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Peace and God Bless!
Catholicious

Posts: 188 | From: Midwest USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, there are few things Baptists (& other denominatios) and Catholics can learn from each other. Jacques Daley said he wished Catholics were more like Protestants when it comes to praise and worship, that Catholics would raise up their arms and be more emotionally envolved in the service. Speaking for myself, Therese Martin has helped me to grow spiritually by considering her "little way".
Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JefffreyLloyd
Advanced Member
Member # 1151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JefffreyLloyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen. I choose it and I am proud of it. The stating the fact that the Bible said his church would be persecuted, and I now as Catholic, understand what the Scripture meant. I didn't as a Baptist.

quote:
Originally posted by njclary:
JL; This is a 'persecution' you chose; --should have stayed a Baptist-- God Bless - Joel

--------------------
Vivat Jesus!

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, worlds without end. Amen.

Posts: 122 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JL; This is a 'persecution' you chose; --should have stayed a Baptist--

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JefffreyLloyd
Advanced Member
Member # 1151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JefffreyLloyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I deal with persecution everyday for being a Catholic Christian. I thought life as easy as a Baptist, wow - it is a different world over here.

[tears] [tears] [tears] [tears]

quote:
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:10

--------------------
Vivat Jesus!

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, worlds without end. Amen.

Posts: 122 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelhearts
Community Member
Member # 1234

Icon 18 posted      Profile for angelhearts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this time today no. I don't think people in the United States where we still are aloud freedom of worship know real persecution. ridicule yes, being told we can't sing carols in school that talk about Christ. that is the persecution we face now.
BUT if we get to the place where our freedom of religion is taken from us. the place where we can get shot for going to church or even praying or owning a bible. the place where the gov. would be able to raid our homes to see if we own anything christian. yes I do fear that if that would happen. i fel lets face WE ARE ALL HUMAN if we have a gun pointed at our face and are told to denounance Christ that causes fear.
yes fear is not of God but chrisytians still get afraid. so if we get there before the Lord returns my answer is yes. But i would not denounce Christ.

Posts: 7 | From: Southeast Florida | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, no appropriate answer for me on your poll.

I must admit that while I don't desire persecution because of what I have to suffer, it is part of being a christian. Jesus was a radical. His message is radical and in an age of increasing godlessness, we had better hope that our christianity poses a radical message. For this scripture promises that we will experience persecution.

Matthew 5:11 says "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

It is the false christian who falls away when persecution arises. Matthew 13:21 "When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away."

Scripture never promises that following Jesus will be easy and trouble free. On the contrary, it guarantees that if you follow the Lord closely, you will experience persecution because your life stands out from the evil of the world. Be glad therefore when men revile you. Your reward is in heaven!
Chestnutmare

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepsi_girl
Community Member
Member # 1184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepsi_girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by totall:
I didn't find an apropriate answer for me on your poll. I don't fear it because what can man do to me if God be for me. Fear is not of God any way.

I'd have to say I agree with that.

--------------------
Believe, dream, will.. and put it in the hands of God.

Posts: 7 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find no appropriate answer either.

We are to give no thought for tomorrow….

MT 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.

MT 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

MK 13:11 But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

GOD only gives HIS GRACE when it is needed, not before.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lydia
Advanced Member
Member # 530

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Lydia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There isn't a category for me, either. Do I fear persecution? Sometimes yes; sometimes no. It all depends on where I am in God and the circumstances I find myself in.
Posts: 60 | From: Miss Missouri country | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
totall
Advanced Member
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for totall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kindgo

I didn't find an apropriate answer for me on your poll. I don't fear it because what can man do to me if God be for me. Fear is not of God any way. I wouldn't say I have been persecuted only ridiculed and herasted.

--------------------
totall

(Titus 3:9 KJV) But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Posts: 54 | From: missouri | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Question]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement