Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » What Should Happen To the 'Friendly Fire 'Pilots?

Author Topic: What Should Happen To the 'Friendly Fire 'Pilots?
Konnie
Community Member
Member # 1389

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Konnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing. Friendly fire accidents are a hazard of war.

--------------------
NO Jesus, No Peace. Know Jesus, know peace.

Posts: 10 | From: Garber, Oklahoma | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they should investigate it, but I think the remorse would be punishment enough. Although these days IFF would stop a lot of fratricide incidents. You have to remember though, being in a combat zone, with your life on the line, you would be at an extremely high level of alertness, and some people would get jumpy, and, out of reflex, shoot before thinking. My grandfather served in the Australian Army in World War II, and he said that a number of times in New Guinea, Australian patrols were fired upon by American patrols, and vice verca. It's whats known as "the fog of war".

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanya
Community Member
Member # 991

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tanya   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted Nothing! Who are we to be judge and jury?
Are we not suppose to forgive others as we are forgiven? It is they that will stand before God and have to answer for their actions. Let Him decide how they should be handled. I am having religion issues right now, but I do believe that He will take care of any infractions that man has committed on judgement day.

--------------------
"He hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captive and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are brused."

"Fear not, my child. My hands hold thee fast and thou art wrapped in abiding love."

Posts: 10 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 9 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really think they should be investigate to make sure it was an accident and then depending on that outcome -- reprimanded or exonerated or removed from service -- whatever depending on the severity of the "accident". [tears]

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok,I think I know what your talking about, Thanks.

Oh, Kindgo, I like your avatar.

--------------------
If your going through hell, just keep on walking.

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are pilots who accidentally (we hope) fire upon their own men.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, I'm a little confused, what are 'friendly fire' pilots?

--------------------
If your going through hell, just keep on walking.

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Question]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement