Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Islam a religion of peace or the sword?

Author Topic: Islam a religion of peace or the sword?
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 9 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very interesting article on this subject.

PBS SHAME ON YOU" -- A FORMER MUSLIM SPEAKS

I am a former Moslem, born and raised in the Middle East. I am very disappointed and almost scared after watching your presentation about Islam. One of the reasons I fled to the United States of America was to escape the oppressive regime of Islam in the Middle East. From a former Moslem, these people are in the US to Islamize America and have a scary agenda. They audaciously buy churches and convert them into mosques!

I think your show was insensitive to the Judeo-Christian community of the United States. Islam is cruel, anti-women, anti-religious freedom and anti-personal freedom in general. How could you sympathize with a religion that kills adulterers, homosexuals and people who convert out of Islam? How could you present Islam with such affection? I am sorry that PBS failed to represent the oppression, fear and the straight jacket I had to endure when I lived under that crazy regime.

In the show, you stressed how the West should understand Islam. Why is America responsible for understanding every little and big culture and religion around the world, failing which we are branded bigots and racists? How about asking the Moslems if they could open their minds and hearts and understand the West? Perhaps they will slow down their terrorism, burning our flags and hijacking airplanes. Unfortunately, the Middle East has no clue about the American culture and they judge us only by Hollywood! How about US media educating Moslems about US culture and the virtues of our Constitution? Did that ever occur to you?

When I married a Christian man in my home country twenty-five years ago, I could have been killed by Moslems for daring to do so. I was questioned about my husband's religion even by Moslem workers at the US embassy, who asked me point blank if he converted to Islam, implicitly threatening to report me to Moslem authorities! I personally know Moslem women who were circumcised against their will! How could you defend a religion that declares a "fatwa," or death sentence, to anyone who is critical of the religion? How could you defend a religion that inspired 9/11? Of course not all Moslems are terrorists, but
unfortunately, the majority of 'moderate' Moslems respect the fundamentalists as 'true' Moslems and even feel guilty toward them. If this were not true we should be seeing massive displays of support for the US, strong denouncements of radical Islam by the moderates. This has not happened. Instead, the most vocal Islamic groups in the West are taking a confrontational stance, complaining of discriminatory treatment, taking their cue from liberal civil-rights groups.

The liberal media is only too eager to egg them on. I now write articles critical of Islam and speak to many groups about the Middle East but have to use a pseudonym so I do not get killed by some of your Moslem friends in the US mosques you were interviewing!

They have no shame about complaining of discrimination after 9/11, thanks to media outlets like you who gave them a voice. The US goes out of its way to protect them. What discrimination? Are you kidding? These mosques in the US are financed by Saudi money, have an agenda and they scare people like me who want to write and speak freely. Scared and oppressed former Moslems like me could be killed by these Moslem extremists in US mosques. There are many moderate Moslems and former Moslems like me who feel intimidated by some US Moslem extremists.

Former Moslems have to be given a voice on why they escaped Islam. People like me and oppressed Christians and Jews in the Moslem World had no say on your show. That is very sad. I wish you had defended my right to choose or reject Islam without getting killed.

Is Islam now the "in" thing to defend to sabotage America, or did Saudi money corrupt you?

Nonie Darwish is a former Muslim and US citizen. She can be reached at noniedarwish@hotmail.com.

(By Nonie Darwish, Front Page Magazine, http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=5229, December 25, 2002)

SCRIPTURE
“Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell” (Psalm 43:3).

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sodzei
Community Member
Member # 778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sodzei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think?

Is Islam (in it's original form under Muhammed) a religion of peace or of the sword?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 28 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
"I dare you to move"
-Switchfoot

Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement