Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Chevy marketing campaign

Author Topic: Chevy marketing campaign
JCisGOD
Community Member
Member # 698

Icon 10 posted      Profile for JCisGOD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I say if Chevy wants to sponsor Christian events hey more power to the Lord. A lot of people make a very big deal out of this issue but, I personally think it is OK and we should just let them sponsor Christian events with financial needs BUT, I think that every Christian organization that is being sponsored should ask in prayer if this is Gods will because what might seem OK and right for us it wont be the same with the Lord. I am totally ok with this issue but I think we should go to the Lord in prayer. God bless

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

salvation... is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
--2 Timothy 2:10

Posts: 14 | From: GLENDALE,CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This event seems to me like a conflict of Christian faith--about how we should freely give and worship, not being yoked with unbeliever and not serving two masters--God and mammon.

I understand Cheverolet, they're trying sell cars and upgrade their image (good from a business persective, but not very meaningful spiritually). For Christians, propagating the Gospel is far more important than seeing that Cheverolet's goals are met. Honestly, I am more comfortable with a similar event like Harvest Crusade which firstly seeks the Kingdom of God.

I do pray that many souls will make decision for Christ through this event and within the Cheverolet corporation. The important thing is for people to make a decision for Christ. Afterall, what if one's brand new Chevy crashes on the way home from the concert and one is sent on to meet whomever one belongs to...

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If an American Corporate giant is now willing to subsidize Christian work, maybe one day it will creep into the American way of life. Christianity can be Ok again.

As long as these corporate giants do not try to weaken the Christian message.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This news reminded me of a song I once heard called "New Car". The Christian band Daniel Amos put out an album in 1983 called Doppelganger. They've been around since the 70's and "New Car" addresses the "prosperity doctrine".

I found an radio special on Daniel Amos on realaudio. They play "New Car" about 7:50 minutes into the program. Below are lyrics and a link to the radio special ("The Doppelganger Radio Special RA).

Daniel Amos

New Car!

Contestant:
Well, I know what I want, I know what I need
I want a miracle, I know what I need
I know what I want, I know what I need, give me a
Johnny Jacobs: (A new car!)
Contestant: I know what I need, give me a
Contestant: I'm one of the kings kids
Kings kids: (He wants a blessing)
Kings kids: (He wants a blessing)
Contestant: I do deserve the best
Kings kids: (Keep on confessing)
Contestant: The very, very, very, very
Kings Kids: (na-na-na-na-na)
Contestant: Very, very best, I'm one of the king's kids
I deserve the best, I want a
Contestant: Well, make it a convertible
Game Show Girl: (Be more specific)
Contestant: Mag-wheels and tinted glass
Game Show Girl: (Uh-huh)
Contestant: Radio and air-co
Game Show Girl: (Woo-yeah)
Contestant: I know what I need, give me a
Johnny Jacobs: (A new station wagon!)
Kings Kids: (NA-NA-NA-NA-NA)
Kings Kids: (NA-NA-NA-NA-NA)
Contestant: I do deserve the best
Kings Kids: A ewna Arca {backward 'pig latin' masking}
Contestant: The very, very, very, very best,
I'm one of the king's kids, I deserve the best, I want a

Words and Music by Terry Taylor
©1983 Twitchen Vibes/ Paragon Music Corp. ASCAP

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longhair
Community Member
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longhair   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Eyes] so CHEVY'S hitting us upnow? unbelievable-hey, who knows..new cars with christian themes!!!!!!lol. who wouldn't drive the new Chevy Elisha? no DIBS on the Ford Jezebel though..ha ha!lol.
Posts: 17 | From: tampa,florida | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chevy marketing campaign reaches out to Christian consumers

It's a controversial question implied in a daring new Chevrolet marketing campaign in which the automaker is hitching cars to faith in Christ during 16 evangelical concerts that will end at the Palace on Nov. 23 ...

Read on...

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement