Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » The Lord Is Risen Indeed..

Author Topic: The Lord Is Risen Indeed..
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
Yes we indeed have to thank God during this Christmas season for sending His son, as this precious gift of grace to be sacrificed and resurrected in order to cleanse us from all of our sins.

We should indeed thank God for sending His son. But we should do it every day; not any more so during one season over another.

We also should not thank Him by honoring pagan traditions and RCC lies "in His name" and pretending that they're "holy".

To do so is not to thank Him, but simply serves to show Him that we honor the traditions of men over His Truth.

Thank you Miguel for reminding us what it really is that we should be celebrating.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we indeed have to thank God during this Christmas season for sending His son, as this precious gift of grace to be sacrificed and resurrected in order to cleanse us from all of our sins.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 24:28-35

Luk 24:28 And they drew near unto the village, where they were going: and he made as though he would have gone further.
Luk 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
Luk 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat to eat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and broke it, and gave to them.
Luk 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our hearts burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
Luk 24:33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
Luk 24:34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon.
Luk 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known to them in the breaking of bread.

Suggested further reading: 1 Corinthians 15:1-11

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also you have received, and in which you stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of over five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain until now, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one untimely born.
1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1Co 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so you believed.

Our Lord's disappearance from the sight of his disciples shows plainly that his resurrection body was a body in a wonderful way different from the common body of a man. It was a real material body with true flesh and blood. But it was a body capable of moving, appearing and disappearing after a manner that we cannot explain. We May fairly suppose that it was a pattern of what our bodies will be after they are raised from the dead. They will be true bodies, material and real, but bodies endued with capacities of which we now know nothing.

The burning of the disciples' hearts within them (v. 32) is a strong expression to indicate the warmth and delight of their feelings as they listened to our Lord's exposition of the Scriptures (Ps. 39:4; Jer. 20:9).

It Maybe well to mention the eleven distinct appearances of our Lord after his resurrection. He appeared:

1. to Mary Magdalene alone (Mark 16; John 20:14);

2. to the women returning from the sepulchre (Matt. 28:910);

3. to Simon Peter alone (Luke 24:34);

4. to the two disciples going to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35);

5. to the apostles at Jerusalem except Thomas (John 20:19);

6. to the apostles including Thomas (John 20:26,29);

7. at the sea of Tiberias (John 21:1);

8. to the eleven disciples in Galilee (Matt. 28:16);

9. to over five hundred brethren at once (1 Cor. 15:6);

10. to James only (1 Cor. 15:7);

11. to all the apostles at the ascension (Luke 24:51).

Three times we are told that the disciples touched him after he rose (Matt. 28:9; Luke 24:39; John 20:27). Twice we are told that he ate with them (Luke 24:42; John 21:12-13).

For meditation: These witnesses were willing to suffer and die for the sake of testifying to the resurrection of Christ. If they had made up the story of the resurrection we cannot expect that they would all have continued teaching it whatever the personal cost. But because it happened they would suffer anything rather than deny it. Do you share their conviction?

J.C.R

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement