Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » New and want daily Guidance in my walk with God

Author Topic: New and want daily Guidance in my walk with God
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do I begin? I love the Psalms for comfort; Proverbs and Ecclesiastes for wisdom.

I love the teachings of Jesus. The book of Job is great to learn about trials and tribulations.

Paul is my favourite apostle and you can learn all about his teachings from around Acts 8 through to Philemon. (He may have written Hebrews as well.) These are my favourite chapters because they tell the Good News of Jesus and the cross and how we can live a powerfully spirit-filled life, not that the rest of the NT doesn't, but Paul is my personal favourite.

Welcome to the Board Rachel. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the book of John. We once had a heavy debate here on Judas and I found myself reading John over and over... particualrly the part where Jesus is preparing his disciples for his leaving. I read it so thuroughly that I thought I could quote it word for word in my sleep, but one thing that amazed me when we were through was how much love... the love of Jesus in JOHN for HIS disciples was to rich and so tender and so passionate, you could just touch it. It touched me. So I always say John is a good place to begin.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rachel Leino
First Post
Member # 5305

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Rachel Leino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone that can help me learn by giving me some stuff to read in the bible

--------------------
Rachel Leino

Posts: 1 | From: Bratt Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement