Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Prayers of Thanksgiving!!

Author Topic: Prayers of Thanksgiving!!
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We sing the song of sacrifice of praise and we most of the time, totally missed the point. But there are times; times when we have just laid to rest a dear friend or love one and that song is indeed true. When we praise God with tears running down our faces and sadness grips our heart, BUT when we do offer our praises to God as a sacrifice, God indeed meets us in a very special way. There are times, when we sing when our bodies are racked with pain, yet we sing out a song of Praise to God that is indeed a sacrifice. Surely these times our song is indeed a sweet smelling sacrifice to God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all the know the story of how Jonah tried to run away from God in disobedience and found himself in the belly of a very large fish.

It wasn't until Jonah started praising God and quit 'belly-aching' [Big Grin] that he was immediately released from the fish's mouth.

Jonah 2:7-10 "When I had lost all hope, I turned my thoughts once more to the LORD. And my earnest prayer went out to you in your holy Temple. 8Those who worship false gods turn their backs on all God's mercies. But I will offer sacrifices to you with songs of praise, and I will fulfill all my vows. For my salvation comes from the LORD alone."

Then the LORD ordered the fish to spit up Jonah on the beach, and it did.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't it be a great treat to God if, when we come before His throne in prayer, that we bring nothing but praise and thanksgiving.

We should be able, through our faith, see that no matter how tough the trials get, he is in total control and has a great plan for our lives. He loves to see us happy and if we show nothing by thankfulness and appreciation, he will honour us with great blessings. The scriptures command us that in everything to give thanks.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].

One of my favourite Psalms:

Psalm 150 - Praise the LORD! Praise God in his heavenly dwelling;praise him in his mighty heaven!

Praise him for his mighty works; praise his unequaled greatness!

Praise him with a blast of the trumpet;praise him with the lyre and harp!

Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;praise him with stringed instruments and flutes!

Praise him with a clash of cymbals; praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
Let everything that lives sing praises to the LORD!
Praise the LORD!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement