Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Obsession for God

Author Topic: Obsession for God
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obsession for God

"My prayer is that I should finish well," the pastor behind me said softly, as we shared briefly of our personal prayer requests.
"I mean, I will not shame the Lord I’ve served my whole life in the remaining years," he added.

How would God appraise my life, if I should end up less than satisfactory or worse, tarnished?

King Solomon was known for all the great things he did for God. As the greatest king of Israel, he had great abilities, phenomenal talents and God used him mightily. But, he lost his obsession for God, diminished and replaced by his obsession for women.

He had seven hundred royal wives and three hundred concubines--a thousand women in all! And they did seduce him away from God. As Solomon grew older, his wives beguiled him with their alien gods and he became unfaithful--he didn't stay true to his GOD as his father David had done. 1Ki 11: 3 -4 (MSG)

How important is it to finish well? Does a poor ending wipe out a whole life of service?
Solomon did not abandon God; he still worshiped God. He just lost his total devotion and dedication to God.

"No way! This will not happen to me, because I am not Solomon," I might excuse and reassure myself.

Finishing well is all about staying obsessed with Him. When I lose my obsession for God; that is the beginning of my end.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement