Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » I hate every false way

Author Topic: I hate every false way
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, Carmela, and Betty,

Amen to each of your postings which I really agree with. God bless each of you very much!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmela,

I agree that we need to love and respect ourselves in order to love others. This has been hard on me because I grew up in a family that though they loved us, did not consider self-esteem to be important.

I also agree that we need a healthy hate of sin. If we do not, it is easy to find ourselves taking a taste of sin, testing the waters, so to speak.

I guess it goes both ways, a love of what is good and a hatered of what is bad.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I hate evil, sin....however over the past few years I found that my focus has changed.

How?

I no longer put my focus on my hatred for the devil. My focus is on my love for God. My desire to do God's will. To love God with all of my heart and to love others as God loves the church.

I use to hate myself so when I would read that I need to love my neighbor as myself, I wasn't able to do that because I didn't know how to love me. That even hindered me from being able to totally love God. I was sure that if I couldn't love me, then how could God love me.

I found that when I had my main focus on hating satan, that hate would start to show in my actions. From the over flow of the heart the mouth speaks.

When I changed my focus and still hated evil but focused on God, my attitude changed and love started coming out of my mouth.

Thanks for this message David. It helped me to see this change in me.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I hate every false way" (Psalm 119:104b).

I did a study of the original Hebrew and Greek words for "hate." I made an amazing discovery. I found that the word "hate" means exactly what it says. "Hate" means hate in Hebrew, Greek and English. I was looking for some secret truth, but there is no hidden meaning at all. Love is a strong word. Hate is a strong word. To hate means to despise, to reject, to be disgusted by. There is no middle ground.

Friend, I would never question your love for the Lord. But I would question your hatred of everything else. What you love is a clue to what you hate, and what you hate is a clue to what you love. Do you hate sin? Do you hate evil? Do you hate every false way? Someone who hates sin long enough will eventually cry out to God for deliverance. Someone who hates evil long enough will eventually learn how to overcome it. Someone who hates every false way will eventually find the right way.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement