Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD?

Author Topic: WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD?
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoyed the post David. Shalom
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I come not to bring peace but the sword.

Sometimes people need a good **** kicking of truth to see the light.

We shoudl love, but just as parents can't always be friends at the same time, neither can we make everyone happy and please them to truly help them.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! This is so true David, sometimes I think that the artwork that we have of Jesus contributes to this mental idea of him that we have.

I also think that the image of Jesus that left as the slain Lamb of God is not coming back like this, but as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah and I think that the image that John saw in Revelation is very different than the one he saw go up in clouds.

I did participate in a study once on the fruit of the spirit that looked at it as it is seen in Jesus in the Gospels throughout the accounts of his earthly ministry and it is very interesting to realize that Jesus did not cease to have love or gentleness or goodness when he was turning over tables in the temple or calling people vipers or speaking to Peter "Get thou behind me Satan."

It is our perception of these words and what they look like that I think are off. Love for example has to be for all.... not just the one I like or who is with me. When Jesus told the Pharisee they were vipers he was expressing love in the form of rebuke and jugment for them as much as his desplay was an act of love in warning those who followed them and an expression of love for the Father whose word they had perverted.

Meekness is another word that I think we do not understand. Meekness is not passivity and it is not timidness or shyness and meekness is not silent while the house of the father is made a den of theives or the Fatheer's flock merchandise.

Anyway, great post David!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD?
by Chip Brogden

"Do you think that I have come to bring peace on the earth?" (Luke 12:51)

A lot of people THINK Jesus was passive and quiet, never causing a disturbance, eager to please, and easy to get along with. If that was the case, why did they hate Him so much, and why did they eventually have Him crucified? The problem, He says, is "You think I'm bringing PEACE, but I'm bringing DIVISION."

You see, the question is not what we THINK Jesus is supposed to be, but who He actually IS.

Jesus will not change Who He is in order to accommodate your thinking; instead, He will change your thinking to accommodate Who He is. The purpose of revelation is not to substantiate your illusions, but to eliminate them.

http://www.watchman.net/books/why.html

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement