Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » How To Pray Effectively

Author Topic: How To Pray Effectively
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How To Pray Effectively

Psa 32:3-5 When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.

Someone recent wrote to me, and among other thing, they asked, “How can I pray more effectually to the lord?” I believe that is a question that is on the mind of numerous individuals.

Start by telling God all that is inside you, as you would unload your heart, its pleasures and its pains, to your best friend. Tell Him your about your distresses, that He may comfort you; tell Him your joyfulness, that He may sober you; tell Him your yearnings, that He may make them pure; tell Him your dislikes, that He may help you to conquer them.

Then talk to Him about your temptations, that He may screen you from them; show Him the wounds of your heart, that He may heal them, lay bare your impassivity to good along with your depraved tastes for evil and your instability.

Don’t forget to tell Him how love of yourself, makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and to others.

My friend, if you will pour out all your weaknesses, needs and troubles to God in this manner, you will not be at a loss for something to say. You will never weary the subject; it will continually be renewed.

If you have no secrets from God, you will never lack for topics for conversation. Do not consider your words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither will you want for something to say.

Go ahead, talk out of the abundance of your heart, without consideration, say just what you think. I want you to understand you will be blessed, when you attain to such familiar, unreserved intercourse with God.

A story is told about a Western rancher who asked the district superintendent to have a pastor assigned to his community. “How big a man do you want?” asked the superintendent.

“Well, Elder," the wiry, tanned man replied, "we're not overly particular, but when he's on his knees we'd like to have him reach heaven.”

When you’re on your knees; reach Heaven!

Brother Russ McDonald

Dialy Meditations [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement