Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Starting Monday!

Author Topic: Starting Monday!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting Monday!

Prov.27
[1] Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
Matt. 6
[34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Have you ever heard this one before?..."starting the first thing Monday morning, I am definitely going on a diet!" You know if I have heard that once, I have had to have heard it a hundred times! I have often asked myself..."What is so special about Monday?" As I was reading through the word of God, I never noticed before, how many different references there was concerning tomorrow! I found 110 different scripture references concerning tomorrow! Please allow me to share just a few of those references with you? Notice the following: Exod.8:10..."And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God." Exod.9:5..."And the LORD appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the LORD shall do this thing in the land." Exod.16:23..."And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy Sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning." Josh.11:6..."And the LORD said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time will I deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire." Acts 10:9..."On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:" 1 Cor.15:32..."If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die." James 4:13-14..."Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Now I know that is quite a few scriptures, in fact more than the norm, however, I just wanted you all to see the same thing that I saw! Did you notice how much that terminology is used? It is so easy for folks to say..."Well, first thing Monday morning, I am getting serious!" I just wonder how many of us realize how silly that sounds? If we were really serious, we would not have to wait till "tomorrow" or "Monday" to "take care of business!" Now I know what some of you are thinking..."What does me choosing to wait until Monday morning to go on a diet have to do with anything?" In one sense is doesn't but yet in another it does! You see, if we get ourselves into the habit of putting things off, eventually we will find that the day will come when we no longer have the "luxury of time!"

Although waiting until Monday to start a diet is harmless in it's self, if we are not careful, we will develop a routine of putting other things off as well! While there are those things that need to be put off until tomorrow, still there are yet many other things that should never be put off period! How many of us have been guilty of having an opportunity to witness to someone about the Lord, only to say..."First thing tomorrow morning, I will go here or there and tell them about Jesus!" only to find out that in the middle of the night previous, they slipped out into eternity! I know that I have been guilty of this and let me tell you, the feeling is one of someone reaching in and "tearing out your heart!" A missed opportunity of that sort never comes back around again!

So let me challenge us today neighbor to not "put off till tomorrow what should be done today" for tomorrow may never come!

May God's richest blessings be upon you!

The Shepherd!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement