Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » God's Christmas Ornaments

Author Topic: God's Christmas Ornaments
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God's Christmas Ornaments

Isa. 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels!

I was given the task recently of decorating the office where I work for Christmas. It was during this time that God showed me something so wonderful that I knew it would be used in either a message or in a devotional. While I was decorating one of the Christmas trees God spoke to my heart and told me that all of God's children are like Christmas ornaments. None of us match!! So I began to meditate on this thought and it became so real to me, it's true we are like Christmas ornaments.

Each one of us are very different from the other, there are some that are shiny and new, there are some that are old and dusty, we have some that are fragile and breakable and then some that are durable and strong. We are all very precious to our Heavenly Father regardless of our shape, size or color! God does not look at our outward appearance but rather He gazes upon our real beauty. The beauty that is inside of us, our hearts.

While gazing upon the Christmas tree ornaments, I was truly pleased with how beautiful each one was, they all had a specific quality about each one of them that brought happiness and beauty to me. There were those that were delicate and decorated so beautifully in the old fashion style and I thought about how there were the older saints in the church that are decorated with the praises of God's miracles from the past. How God moved for them, healed them, delivered them. Yet old, they have not lost their beauty for the Lord.

Then there were the newer decorations that maybe not made of delicate material, they were proudly put on the tree to shine their new brilliant colors! This reminded me of new Christians and how they are so zealous and proud of the Lord. They will stop and tell you what the Lord has done for them no matter where they are or who they are with. They are so anxious to do a work for the Lord, they just jump right in without complaining.

Then there were the wooden and plastic ornaments, while some might turn their nose at this ornaments and might call them cheap or ugly, I noticed that these are the decorations that were tried and true! Never broken when taken out of the box, not scratched or shatter if accidentally dropped on the floor and I thought how this is like some Christians who have taken a stand for the Lord! To some people they might appear to be unconventional in their look or dress but they have made such a commitment to the Lord that they cannot be shaken or shattered in their beliefs in God. They will stand and not be moved!

As I took a step back and looked at the finish tree, I thought how beautiful it is. All these ornaments put together with the lights and the garland just made a wonderful tree. A colorful tree that just screamed Christmas to me. Think about it friend, when you put all of us together and begin to worship the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, what Heaven must think of us? How proud our Heavenly Father must be to sit back and view His "Christmas Ornaments". Can you see Him picking each one of us up so lovingly and carefully and telling all the Angels in Heaven about how special each one of us are to Him, the story behind how He found this person and that person. God truly loves each and everyone of us today!

So when you look at your Christmas tree on Christmas day, as we celebrate the day of Christ's birth, remember you are "God's Ornaments!"

May God Richly Bless Your Holiday Season,
The Shepherd's Wife!

We invite you to visit our web site at www.shepherdsheart.faithweb.com it is continually being updated, so please check back often to see what we have added.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement