Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Running The Race

Author Topic: Running The Race
Godman
Community Member
Member # 2208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Godman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen and I totally agree. no cheating allowed.

Vince

--------------------
You Shall Have What You Say...(Mark 11:22-24)

Posts: 9 | From: Buffalo NY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Appreciate your words Vince the have weight to them and areright inline with what YaHWeH God is teaching today..

One part especially struck home:

quote:
but at the end of this road there is a prize
The prize is at the end of the road,
And it is a race that we run, and we MUST run lawfully.

My Brother Dale BHL and i were just discussing this very topic a day or two ago.. and seemingly The Holy Spirit is teaching the same message world wide.....

We are in a race, that all will not finish, that some will TRY to cheat to complete,

But the "good news" is that we can finish and we can run lawfully and obtain the "prize"
(endure until the end)
amen

thanks for your insight Vince....

Keep the Faith

barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godman
Community Member
Member # 2208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Godman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God For Him Giving Us The Ability To Finish Our Course.

Running The Race

134,578 Readers

{1 Corinthians 9:24} - Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours."

Before each and everyone of us is a course that we must run. It is a path that has been laid out for us to walk on before the foundation of the world. This road is straight and it is narrow, but at the end of this road there is a prize. A prize of amazing worth and value and that cannot be placed on a shelf with a price tag.

Fulfilling ones destiny and calling in the Lord should be on the forefront of our minds. Whether it is leading someone to Christ, or praying with someone who is in need, or being obedient to God when He asks you to spend time with Him, it is what we are called to do. Our first ministry above all else is to Christ and to spend time with Him in His presence for in His presence is fulness of joy and pleasures evermore in every area of your life. (Job 36:11)

How does one know and find out there course in life? This is done by spending time in the Word and in prayer before the Heavenly Father. I was in prayer about this very thing 5 years ago and the Lord shared with me what my calling in the body of Christ was going to be. When you do surely call upon the Name of the Lord He does answer. Remaining faithful even through adversity while you are seeking Him is also a major key. God cannot and will not give up on you in anyway shape or form. You have to not give up on Him. You with God for you will reach, mark and hit your destiny. Run the race with God leading you the right way. You simply cannot lose.

Peace - nothing missing and nothing broken in your lives.

Pastor V

--------------------
You Shall Have What You Say...(Mark 11:22-24)

Posts: 9 | From: Buffalo NY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement