Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » It is OK to disagree, i we disagree with the right spirit.

Author Topic: It is OK to disagree, i we disagree with the right spirit.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[type] Amen Linda, [thumbsup2]
Key Boards for Yashua unite. [Prayer]
1COR 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love [Cross] .
There are many that come to my mind also, those you mentioned and a few more not to name names, but they are known in Heaven and that all that matters.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what is the right spirit that two should have in disagreeing? I think it is the spirit of Love.

You and I have probably disagreed as steadfastly or immovably as any here who have disagreed and yet those disagreements have never resulted in anything even remotely ugly. I love you and have a great deal of respect for you and I value your friendship more than I have words to express.

How can this be between two who disagree as vehemently as we on such a major issue as the one we disagree on? I believe that it is because when we both disagree the passion behind our disagreement is HIM. We dont disagree out of a need to be right or a need to be acknowledged or a need for feeding our egos or proving ourselves, but out of a love. Not just a love for each other, but more importantly a love for HIM and what grieves HIM. A love for the lost and the hurting, the captive and the poor.

What I am trying to say is that our reasons for disagreeing are the same reasons. The heart of the matter is the desire for each other and others to know and love HIM. Not just some pretty painted picture of HIM but Him who is both good and severe; him who is holy and righteous; him who is full of grace and mercy and still capable of great wrath and vengence. ALL of HIM, not just the parts of that itching ears want to hear.

You said that it is easy to see the spirit at work in a disagreement and I believe that is true. I believe that even when people disagree, the spirit and the condition of their heart shows through. If the disagreement stems from issues of self and ego and a need to prove self then that shows as the work of the enemy that it is. If at the heart of the people disagreeing is HIM and to know and have others know him more dearly, more closely, then that spirit of love also shows through.

Jesus showed us that it is ok to have anger, but that anger is for the things that anger God and not for self. Jesus never angered over what people thought of him or did to him or said about him, but of the things of God like the temple when he turned over the tables or like when he said "Get behind me Satan" to Peter, in these times the strength of his emotion was for the things of God...both the physical things of God like the synagogue and spiritual things like God's will.

So, the fruit of the spirit is love and meekness, but not the kind of love that is mushy and gooey, and meekness is not timidness, but love that because we love is willing to stand its ground and speak the truth even to the point of disagreement... yet the love still shows through.

It is a blessing to me to think on those here who displays that spirit of love, even in disagreement. We are very blessed here because several people come to mind... You of course come to mind, also Born Again has been disagreed with by many even not so lovingly by myself, but has aways maintained the Spirit of Christ within him through those times, so itis true also with Caretaker, and with wetshoes, and with many others that have been here through thick and thin. This is not the case on many boards. God has indeed blessed us in that respect.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my heart,

EPHESIANS 4:1 - 32
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
[There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
But ye have not so learned Christ;
If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Neither give place to the devil.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

If we read the above chapter slowly and pray fully, there is so much there it is hard to grasp.

It was such an encouragement to read what some of you had to say on the disagreement on the board about “Women Pastors” . Not because you agreed with my point, because anyone who has been on the board for any time, knows, with me it is not about agreement in who is right or who is wrong but what does Scripture say. If you disagree with me, fine. But give me Scripture why I am wrong and make your reasoning balance with the whole of Scripture.

A friend, that is a Pastor once when we were talking about the evidence of the Holy Spirit being evident in a persons life, was the ability to disagree agreeably , when we do no see the Scriptures in the same light.

When we discuss the thing we call “Saving Faith”, we must remember being wrong is not a little thing when, when being wrong can influence the outcome of where a soul will spend eternity.

Blessing to all on the “Christian BBS” and may we all seek the Truth together in a spirit of meekness.

I have a passion in my heart to know and serve the Saviour, to be like Him. The more I study, the more I see I need Him. The longer I serve Him, the greater need I see that I need to die to self.
[Prayer]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement