Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » It Will Make You Think!

Author Topic: It Will Make You Think!
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that Mairy, we never know why some people who 'irritate' us sometimes are doing as they do...and I think we should all just try to STOP and think before we act or say something and let the Holy Spirit lead us, just as you did that day with the poor soul who presented you with the donut, it might have been a very special 'gift' he give you with great pride and by your acceptance, you might have had a greater impact on him that you will ever really know. I believe in my heart God puts everyone into our paths for a reason, we must learn different lessons from each....I think you learned how to be humble and compassionate with this soul who was also precious to God!! [thumbsup2]
Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mairy
Advanced Member
Member # 1830

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Mairy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful, we must all remember that we cannot see a persons hurting heart. So often their actions are a result of pain and afflictions. Let us remember to show Gods' love and kindness to all. I worked at the Salvation Army for years and I remember one of my clients most fondly. He wore a helmut on his head so that "they" could not talk to him, he was dirty, he was smelly, and he always picked me to sit by, he could not communicate at all anymore, his brain was pretty fried. And one morning he brought me a donut in his very dirty hands and said, for you. I was so humbled that he spoke to me and brought me something and I realized that this man was one of Jesus' beloved. I ate the donut and saw Gods loves in the face of this poor man who smelled bad and had NOTHING in his life but to come to the Army every morning and have coffee and donuts.
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is indeed. i sometimes have to remind myself to look at the person not just what they do or how they act. Often by doing this you can find friends where you least expect them! [clap2]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, dear Hanz, I know I'm guilty of that qutie often, I have to constantly ask God to help me try to be PATIENT and remember there are reasons why people sometimes act like they do....sometimes I still get irritated and fall so short of doing what God would have me do...it is a wonderful thing Our Heavenly Father has infinite patience with His children, is it not???
God Bless you!!! [Kiss]

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was really nice and it just shows how we can misjudge pe [youpi] ople

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

[Wink] ....I liked it to, my best friend sent it to me...
Dwayne
Community Member
Member # 2246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dwayne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY NICE! Thank you for making me think

Dwayne

Posts: 11 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

My best friend sent this to me and I got such a blessing reading it and wanted to share it. Hope it blesses someone too!! [Kiss]

Heavenly Father, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic
last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing
home
to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry, and spend a few precious
moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who
can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student,
balancing
his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student
loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same
spot every day, is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our
worst
nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the
store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment,
knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will
be the
last year that they go shopping together.

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the
greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we
hold
dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to all
humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience,
empathy and
love.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement