Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » THANKFULLY WHOLE

Author Topic: THANKFULLY WHOLE
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 2 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This week is when one day is set aside every year to be thankfully for the blessings of life. We eat special foods and begin to think ahead to the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. However, I would like us to reflect on some scripture and what is most needed in your life and mine.

The first is Getting GOD's Viewpoint. In 2Corinthians 4:16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us as eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

JESUS also said through Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD."

When we seek GOD's perspective on our problems or situations we can see them in a different way. Our problems are to be turned over to the LORD. JESUS said that HE would help us carry our burdens. When you have GOD's viewpoint, you will be able to face your circumstances with the confidence that HE will see you through your difficulty. And as a result, the LORD will allow you to soar past your hardships into a new horizon of spiritual growth.

Secondly, in Daniel 6:1-28 We have a very familiar children story about Daniel and the Lions Den. We know that Daniel was placed in the Lions Den because he refused to worship anyone but GOD and the people who were jealous of Daniel saw him as he prayed faithfully every day. GOD has ways of delivering HIS people that none of us can imagine. It is always premature to give up and give in to the pressure of unbelievers, because GOD has power they know nothing about. GOD can do anything but fail. The man or woman who trusts in GOD and obeys HIS will is untouchable until GOD takes him or her. To trust GOD is to have immeasurable peace. We in America really don't know much about persecution. However, our brothers and sisters in other countries certainly do. The story is told of a 17year old Christian girl in Pakistan who resisted the sexual advances of a man in her workplace. Angry at her refusal, the man doused her with acid. When we read stories in the BIBLE of believers being thrown to the lions, put into a fiery furnace, stoned, beaten, or made to suffer other forms of torture, we tend to think in historical terms only. But the truth is, millions of saints around the world live in daily fear of persecution, simply for identifying themselves as Believers. and it is even happening in America, though in much more subtle ways. The irony associated with persecution so striking. Historically, there has been a direct correlation between the growth of the church and the degree of persecution it suffers. GOD is never so present in our lives as when we suffer in HIS name.

The third thing is to Stay Focused. In 2 Timothy 2:15 "Do your best to present yourselves to GOD as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. At the time of the Civil War most of the currency in circulation was counterfeit. The "truth environment" today is much like the counterfeit currency in 1865. There are thousands of versions of "the truth" circulation in our world and the Believer has the gigantic task of separating the truth from the lies. Fortunately, we have our own Divine help in the WORD of GOD. Instead of trying to learn how to identify the lies or the counterfeits, the best thing we can do is to study the real thing and know the truth for ourselves. If you know the Bible well enough counterfeits will stick out like a florescent purple dollar bill.

Finally, in 1 Corinthians 4: 1-5 "So then, men ought to regard us as servants of JESUS and as those entrusted with the secret things of GOD. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the LORD who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the LORD comes. HE will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from GOD."

A servant does what his master tells him to do. We must do what GOD tells us to do in the BIBLE and through HIS HOLY SPIRIT. Each day GOD presents us with needs and opportunities that challenge us to do what we know is right. It is tempting to judge fellow Believers, evaluating whether or not they are good followers of JESUS. But only GOD knows a person's heart; and HE is the only one with the right to judge. We are to praise the LORD, We are to be Thankful for our Abundant Blessings, and We are to pray for one and another, love one another , and help one another as JESUS does for us. Praise GOD, from whom all Blessings flow, Praise HIM, all creatures here below, Praise HIM above, you heavenly host. Praise FATHER >SON< & HOLY GHOST AMEN.

We gather together to ask the LORD's blessing, HE chastens and hastens his will to make known; the wicked oppressing now cease from distressing Sing praises to HIS name, HE forgets not HIS own.

BE Thankful in all things for all good things come from GOD above

Serving JESUS

Mary at Bearer Ministries

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement