Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » VERSE OF THE DAY

Author Topic: VERSE OF THE DAY
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mat 12:48 - But he answered and said unto him that told him, Of his mother and brethren being without doors, desiring, and waiting to speak to him,

Who is my mother? And who are my brethren? These questions are put, not as if he himself was ignorant who were his mother or his brethren; or as suggesting as if he had none; or as denying that these were in such a relation to him; or as casting any slight upon them; or as intending to teach men disrespect to parents and kindred, according to the flesh; but as displeased with the man, or men, for interrupting him in his work; and to let them know, that the business of his heavenly Father was preferred by him to any his natural relations could have with him; and that he might have an opportunity of pointing out who were his relations in a spiritual sense.

Wow sometimes we just jump unto matters that need close attention before addressing them, they needed to now what belonged to God and to know what belongs to men.

For a minute they forgot who Christ was and His purpose in this world for His Fathers glory, HE was very serious in His Fathers duty.

Psa 119:139 My zeal destroyeth me, because mine oppressors have forgotten thy words.

BRINGING OUT THE BEAUTY STEADFASTLY

Thank You
Love in Christ
MAC

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

PS 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is a one that we can ponder on
The duty our Lord hade was greater than to receive His mother at that moment, remember Linda that she was pondering all this in her heart, and another point is that Jesus said honor thy father and thy mother.

This has a greater teaching in many ways Linda because it can be related in a physical respect and the spiritual also, i think we can get a very good topic on this one.

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a tough verse Mac; even the relationship of mother and son cannot supercede the Will of the Father! Yet we also must honor earthly mother and father.

This message was intended for those who told Christ his mother was outside and wnated to see him and he let them know that what he was doing in the moment was first and formost.

I wonder how Mary would have felt if she heard Him? Would she have in that moment understood? Did those in the earshot of Jesus words see his response as disrespect for His mother?

Was His response in the long run, actually honor in that he brought her great honor as she became His follower?

What say ye all?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my
mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his
hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my
brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which
is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 12:48-50
[Lighthouse]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement