Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

Author Topic: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 9:16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

BRINGING OUT THE BEAUTY STEADFASTLY

Thank You
Love in Christ [Cross]
MAC

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

PS 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

[Lighthouse]
Ezekiel 33:7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura,

You need the baptism of the Holy Spirit , I am not speaking of what some people call the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I am talking of what JESUS said was the evidence of the Holy Spirit.

ACTS 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Do not let people shake you like a roman candle trying to make something happen. Don’t let anyone tell you just repeat after me. All that kind of stuff is junk, trash.

LK 11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
LK 11:11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if [he ask] a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
LK 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

You ask , with your heart bowed to HIM and HIS TRUTH.
He will not disappoint you.

On the other hand ,don’t let anyone tell you that tongues or the gifts of the Spirit are not for today.

Y’WEH does not change, HE is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Seek HIM with all your heart, put HIS WORD first in your life.

When HE has filled your heart with HIS precious Holy Spirit you will never fear or not know what to answer any man.

Oh for HIS GRACE, I will ever praise HIS NAME

Ask, believing , you will receive

MT 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
MT 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Advanced Member
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only just begun sharing my faith. I am shy, but more of it was being ashamed. I was ashamed. Ashamed of my maker and keeper. What makes us ashamed of Him?

May God grant us the strength to go on in this world, sharing His name and the name of Christ.

I am struggling to lead people to Him. In my heart, I want to more than anything. Can you help?

Posts: 26 | From: east TN | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS
~Rev.19:11-16

Click Here to see picture.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord . . .

In Revelation 19:10 these striking words occur: “for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy,” and the purpose of the antagonist of God is to destroy that testimony (see Revelation 12:17). The testimony of Jesus to Himself is being explained away to-day, men and women are swerving from the Truth. The power and vigour of the Holy Spirit in lives must go further than the threshold of the experience of being right with God; bit by bit the battle for God and for His truth must be pushed, and the only way to push it is by an experimental belief in Jesus Christ’s testimony regarding Himself.

If we have been allowing the silting influence of modern tendencies to overcome us, God grant we may rouse ourselves and get back again to the moral and spiritual fighting trim, free from moral nervousness and spiritual timidity, trusting in God and going steadfastly on. A derelict ship is a danger to other ships, and a derelict in the pulpit, or in the Sunday school, or in the pew, is a desperately dangerous thing to souls on their way through life.

Chambers, Oswald, God’s Workmanship, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c1953.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement