Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Happy Society?

Author Topic: Happy Society?
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen ..
Mary States:
quote:
We need to love each other and we need to show that love to those that have never possessed it in any form. Real love, GOD's love is a warm, open, comforting, challenging, working, winning, healing, and committed love.

But we need to get back to the basics. Remembering the command that JESUS gave. " Love GOD totally with your whole being and love everyone else as you love yourself. That doesn't mean you love the sin and the actions that they commit, but it does mean that you love them as a person that has an eternal soul.

Found in the parable of the sower (soil)..

Only Brokeness will my heart attend,
To give to others the name that mends;

As the sower went to sow,
only good soil will the seed grow;

Til i reach the fullness and measure of Him,
My work for thee will be but slim;

i press on and seek to obtain,
The blessed hope in Yahshua's Name;

To join those that are before me,
and to look on the face that hung upon the tree;

So i will always share,
The truth of Him who cares.
b

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 16 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Society?

Psalm 144: 9-15

"I will sing a new song to you, O GOD... I will music to you, ... Deliver me and rescue me...Blessed are the people of whom this is true; blessed are the people whose GOD is the LORD."

The Psalmist says as he paints a picture of a happy society. Only GOD as LORD can present this kind of happiness.

Psalm 33:12

"Blessed is the nation whose GOD is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance."

Can we have happiness in the world and in this nation? We live with the threat of international terrorism. But are we as committed to JESUS as the terrorist is to his or her cause? We live with the threat of nuclear war. We have energy problems, natural resource problems, discord & dishonor among our leaders.

Can we still win the world for JESUS or have we become so complacent that we are like the frog captured an put in cold water in a large deep pan on the stove? The water gradually becomes warm and then warmer until the frog is dead.

We have become a people no longer concerned with our own moral or personal integrity. We have destroyed everything that was good. We have a new cynicism. We need to be reminded that sin is a disgrace to a nation and a people.

We see this is the breakdown of the family unit, abortion, personal integrity, personal indulgence and depraved morality.

GOD can't bless unless we as believers and this country repent and turn from the sin we engage in daily. America has lost its love for GOD's kingdom. It was to be a biblical based nation. Spiritual concern isn't even present in most of America and the church has lost its sense of mission and the opportunity to be a unique instrument in GOD's kingdom.

We need to love each other and we need to show that love to those that have never possessed it in any form. Real love, GOD's love is a warm, open, comforting, challenging, working, winning, healing, and committed love.

But we need to get back to the basics. Remembering the command that JESUS gave. " Love GOD totally with your whole being and love everyone else as you love yourself. That doesn't mean you love the sin and the actions that they commit, but it does mean that you love them as a person that has an eternal soul.

Mary at Bearer Ministries

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement