Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Consider your choice!

Author Topic: Consider your choice!
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider your choice!
Oba 1:3,4 The pride of your heart has deceived you, You who dwell in the clefts of the rock, Whose habitation is high; You who say in your heart, 'Who will bring me down to the ground?' Though you ascend as high as the eagle, And though you set your nest among the stars, From there I will bring you down," says the LORD.

I have dropped by to let you know you are not free from consequences, even though you have freedom of choice. I often state, “You may fool others, however, you can’t con God!” As a matter of fact, His Word states, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.”(Gal 6:7,8)

My friend, it can be a terrible encumbrance, to live with the consequences of wrong choices. Anyone who claims they never make wrong choice, surely lie about other things also; everybody makes wrong choices. There have been times I have ordered something in a restaurant, however, after tasting it, I realized I had made a wrong choice. A wrong choice can lead to a serious outcome, it may cause you to bear the consequence of it for the rest of your life.

A comedian made the phrase, “the devil made me do it,” a household expression. However, I want you to understand, no power on earth, or under the earth, can make you do wrong withoutyour consent. It is not a question as to who is right, but what is right. Every person must make a choice between heaven, or hell. My friend, it is never too early to decide for Jesus, but the time will come when it will be too late.

You may make a choice to do your own thing, but I want you to know: “He who provides for this life, but takes no care for eternity, is wise for a moment, but a fool forever.” In fact, to deny one's guilt, and reject Jesus, is the worst kind of insanity. I have heard it said, “a wise man changes his mind; but a fool, never.” Every person faces this choice; Jesus, or condemnation.

On the table side by side;
A Holy Bible and the TV Guide,
One is well worn but cherished with pride,
No, not the Bible, but the TV Guide.
One is used daily to help folks decide,
No! It isn't the Bible; it's the TV Guide.
As pages are turned, what shall they see?
Oh, what does matter, turn on the TV.

So they open the book in which they confide
No, not the Bible, it's the TV Guide.
The Word of God is seldom read,
Maybe a verse afore they fall into bed.

Exhausted and sleepy and tired as can be,
Not from reading the Bible, but watching TV.
So, then back to the table, side by side,
Is the Holy Bible and the TV Guide.

No time for prayer, no time for the Word;
The plan for salvation is seldom heard.
Forgiveness of sin so full and free
Is found in the Bible, not on TV!!

You must make a choice, what will it be?

Consider your choice!

Rev Russ McDonald
Reprinted by Permission

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement