Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Confusing Static

Author Topic: Confusing Static
countrylover
Community Member
Member # 149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for countrylover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you wrote this. I have actually seen spiritual warfare/spiritual abuse happen in a church that didn't test what was said by God's word. Talk about scary!! God taught me through that experience not to take ANYONE'S word until I check it out for myself in HIS word!! [thumbsup]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Confusing Static

Matthew 16:13-15 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"

Have you noticed that this world is filled with a myriad of voices, all battling for your attention? One cannot turn on the TV without television personalities telling them to buy one thing, or another. If that were not bad enough, politicians who frequently have no idea how to tell the truth, attempt to tell us what to believe.

Individuals surf web-pages for hours, jog with radio-headsets covering their ears, then collapse with fatigue in their easy-chair as they pore over magazines and newspapers. My friend, how, in the midst of this chaos, can you hope to recognize God’s voice?

I repeatedly tell you, “Don’t take my word for the absolute truth, open up God’s Word, read it for yourself.” Whatever you believe you are hearing, always confirm it with Scripture. You can be absolutely certain, God will never speak in contradiction, to His holy, perfect Word. If you believe God has spoken, and yet what you have heard goes against the written Scripture, you must dismiss the antithetical message.

I don’t care who someone is, or what title they claim, as they give you a prophetic message, if that prophecy does not line up one-hundred percent with God’s Word, they are a false-prophet. God does not have prophets who are ninety-nine and forty-four one-hundredths percent correct. They are either correct one-hundred percent of the time, or they are a false-prophet. Read it for yourself in God’s Word!

The problem is, instead relying upon Scripture, to verify God’s messages to us today, many people use their own desires and morality as the litmus test. My friend, this is a tragicomic mistake, because your fleshly desires are simply not trustworthy. Your personal sense of right and wrong, may ebb and flow. However, I have dropped by to tell you, “The Word of God never changes, it is always reliable.”

A second mistake, often made in interpreting God’s voice, is to assume His message to you will “fit right in” to your normal life. This may come as a shock to you; His call is often life-changing! Because of that, you should not assume that He may only want to “tweak” details of your life. My friend, He may want to change it completely.

I want you to understand, God has a special word for you, and you must strive to hear Him clearly, so you may act upon that message with conviction, boldness and confidence. When you correctly hear, and interpret God’s voice, then you may hear Jesus saying to you "Blessed are you, [John/Mary/Andrew/Suzanne], for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.”(Matthew 16:17)

Now, put your ear to God’s Word, listen to His voice.

Peprinted by Permission
Rev. Russ McDonald

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement