Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Help!

Author Topic: Help!
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tecora

Remember those songs that goes (the battle is not yours it is the Lord)(Jesus never fails)
(I love you Lord)(All hail King Jesus)(Jesus, name above all names)(Awesome God)
(O how He loves you and me).

Thank You
Love in Christ
MAC

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

PS 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

[angel] [Cross]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 14 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Janie Lee
Glad to have you from Scotland..
Thanks for coming by to visit, please feel free to visit anywhere your hearts desire..

We love the Lord Yahshua [Jesus] here and are glad to share His love... [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janie Lee
Community Member
Member # 190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janie Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tecora

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time just now. Believe me, God loves YOU. YOU are very special in His eyes. He feels YOUR pain and wants to help YOU if YOU will let Him.

I understand some of the pain that you are experiencing just now as I went through something very similar in my teens. I know it doesn't feel like it just now, but there ARE brighter days ahead for you.

I assume you know "Footprints"? It's a favourite passage of mine as it reminds me that it is when I feel most alone that the Lord is closest to me.

quote:
FOOTPRINTS

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life .

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you. "

God Bless You, Tecora [Prayer]

--------------------
God Bless

Janie Lee

'Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.'

Posts: 9 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i too wil be praying for you Tecora, you show signs of a heart that loves God, but your battle torn, tired and feel as though your at the end.
But thanks be to God, i feel this is the begaining, God has brought you here to us, and there are many here that Love God and will pray for you and help you. Several here that have been through what you have, and are going through,,,Thanks be to God there are also many here that God has delivered, and what God did for them YaHWeH God will do for you. For God is not a respector of persons..

Father touch this dear one in the Name of Yahshua [Jesus] the Messaih. Lord she has not come here by accident, and i know that you a rewarder of those that diligently seek you..

Thank you Father for what your going to do and are doing in Tecora 's life.

amen

IHS

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHADOW OF HIM
Advanced Member
Member # 148

Icon 18 posted      Profile for SHADOW OF HIM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tecora,

I too, have battled with many of the same things you have told us here. But, when I stopped battling and let God have His way and fight my battles for me, I became at such peace with Him. He said in His word that if we keep our minds stayed on Him, He will keep us in perfect peace.

Tecora, God loves you!!! I love you, and so do all your brothers and sisters in Christ. You are not alone where ever you are in life's journey and where ever you may go, God is always with you. He has not, nor will ever forget about you. He is always there.

I am praying for you: Dear Lord, Please touch our special soul, Tecora. Lord, please help her to know and feel your love and peace right now. Lord you made Tecora, and you know all about her. Encourage her heart, oh Lord. Meet every need in her precious life. Let her know that you will fight all her battles for her if she will just lay them at the foot of the cross. Please, Lord, let her know she is not the only one who has ever gone through these things and felt these thoughts. Let her know that she is more than a conquerer through you. Lord, I thank you for Tecora. Thank you for protecting her. Thank you for mending her broken heart. Thank you for easing her troubled mind. Lord, you did all these things for me and I know that you are a God who changes not. I praise you for Tecora. I praise you for total deliverance and healing in her life. Thank you for the wonderful testimony of deliverance she will be able to share with all she meets. It's in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

God bless you, Tecora.

always,
IN THE SHADOW OF HIM

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I can see Him working in your life just by bringing you here today.

You don't have to fight; He will fight for you. What you do have to do and He will not do for you is renew your mind.

You must get into His presence. The quickest way I know to do this is to praise Him, to listen to praise music, to sing His praises. I promise you if you will begin even though you don't want to ...do it anyway. You will find Him.

Resist the devil and He will flee.

You may not be able to see God right now, but He sees you, you are not lost. But one thing for sure is your continual focusing on the lies is not working, but making the situation worse.

Where the mind goes dear sister, the body will follow. Set your mind on Him! He is right there waiting to wrap His loving Arms around you.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tecora
Member # 183

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tecora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Linda for all your emails and your reply. They all made me cry because somewhere in my being I know what your saying is all true but I am just so tired I don't have the energy anymore to try and fight. I have fought so long to believe and have faith it is no longer in me. Now I expect GOD to take over and prove to me HE is with me. I can no longer see HIM working in my life nor do I feel HIM living in my heart. I am so darn lost!
Posts: 2 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tecora:

I am so glad you are here. You are not alone; you are loved by God, and you are loved by the brothers and sisters here on this board.

My dear sister you are listening to lies of the enemy. You must stop and fill your mind with the Word of God.

First, let me say that I am sorry your parents and your childhood were less than perhaps they should have been. But when you received Christ as your saviour, you got a new Father.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

This does not mean that you will not go through trouble, but it does mean you will not go alone, and His grace is sufficient to get you through.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

sometimes it is hard to remember that God is working in our lives all the time, and He is working those things the enemy deires to use to kill steal and destroy Goid is working to our good.

When I was young, very young, my father was abusive, he drank, he was physically abusive and sexually abusive... Today I know that God was able to use even that for His glory, because what i learned through that by God's grace taught me to love unconditionaly, forgive comepletely, I learned to see people through His eyes, and today He allows me to witness to others who carry the bagage of such evil from their childhood into adulthood.

I don't know what you are going through, but I do know that His grace is sufficient, and He loves you.

My experience is that when the enemy attacks someoe so harshly as he is attacking you right now, it is usually because God has a great plan to use that person for the Kingdom in a mighty way and this scares the enemy, so he attacks.

Depression is a lie right out of the pit of Hell, sister. I know because I suffered with it for eight years and The enemy almost toook my life with His lies, but God delivered me and He will deliver you too.

I have written some things on Depression that may help you and I will email them to you.

For now stop spouting those lies that the enemy is planting in your mind and focus on what God says about you. Put on some praise music, fill you mind with the things of God, when you focus on Him it is impossible to focus on the lies.

God's Word Declares Who I am

I am accepted

I am God’s Child John 1:12

I am Christ’s friend John 15; 15

I have been justified Roman’s 5:1

I am united with the Lord and I am one spirit with him 1 Corinthians 6:17

I have been bought with a price and I belong to God 1 Corinthians 6:20

I am a member of Christ’s body 1 Corinthians 12:27

I am a saint Ephesians 1;1

I am the adopted child of God Ephesians 1:5

I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit Ephesians 2:18

I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sin Colossians 1:14

I am complete in Christ (nothing is missing or broken) Colossians 2:10

I a secure
I am free from condemnation Romans 8:1,2

I am assured that all things work together for good Romans 8:29

I am free from any condemning charges against me Romans 8:31-34

I can not be separated from the love of God Romans 8:35-39

I am established, anointed, and sealed by God 2 Corinthians 1:21,22

I am confident that the good work God has begun in me He will complete/perfect

Philippians 1:6

I am a citizen of heaven Philippians 3:20

I am hidden with Christ in God Colossians 3:3

I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind

2 Timothy 1:7

I can find grace and mercy in my time of need Hebrews 4:16

I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me 1 John 5:18

I am significant
I am the salt and light of the earth Matthew 5:13,14

I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of HIS love John 15:1, 5

I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit John 16:16

I am a personal witness of Christ Acts 1:8

I am God’s temple 1 Corinthians 3:16

I am a minister of the reconciliation of God 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

I am God’s coworker 2 Corinthians 6:1

I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm Ephesians 2:6

I am God’s workmanship Ephesians 2:10

I may approach God with freedom and confidence Ephesians 3:12

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Philippians 4 :13

In His Love, Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tecora
Member # 183

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Tecora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going thru major depression and fatigue and dealing with some issues and because of events that have happened in my childhood and the way my parents dealt with things does not lead me to believe the GOD loves me as much as HE does others and that I am not worth any special blessings. I am not special to HIM at all. I cry and cry over this daily and I talk to GOD about it. I am a Christian and I cannot believe I am having these beliefs and feelings. I beg GOD to make me see otherwise but all I see is I am not special to HIM I just another human on this forsaken planet going thru hell day to day and someday die with no purpose or anything. I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN AND OFTEN WISH I COULD DIE! yes I am seeing a christian counselor and working with doctors but it is deeper then Chemical etc... Can anyone help me here? Please feel free to email me at teclil@msn.com I need some others insight on this. I have also been having dreams constantly about cats and interesting things. Last night I dreampt of deep dark Blue water. WHAT IS GOD TRYING TO TELL ME Why can't HE just say it in plain english!
Posts: 2 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement