Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » A Loyal Soldier

Author Topic: A Loyal Soldier
SHADOW OF HIM
Advanced Member
Member # 148

Icon 21 posted      Profile for SHADOW OF HIM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TO ENDURE HARDNESS AS A GOOD SOLDIER IF WE ARE STILL TRYING TO HANDLE THINGS BY WALKING IN THE FLESH IS IMPOSSIBLE. ENDURING HARDNESS MEANS WHEN YOU ARE TALKED TO ROUGHLY BY A FELLOW CHURCH MEMBER, PASSED OVER ON YOUR JOB FOR A PROMOTION BECAUSE YOU ARE SAVED, EXCLUDED FROM SOCIAL AND FAMILY EVENTS BECAUSE YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN. MY HUSBAND ONCE TOLD ME WHEN I WAS GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME AND I WAS ASKING "WHY ME?"-HE TOLD ME "WHY NOT YOU?" IF WE SUFFER WITH HIM, WE WILL ALSO REIGN WITH HIM. JESUS OVERCAME THE WORLD-HE KNOWS WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH. THE SUFFERING IN THE PRESENT WORLD IS REALLY NOTHING TO BE COMPARED TO THE REWARD WE SHALL RECIEVE WHEN WE HEAR "WELL DONE THY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT."

WE, AS AMERICANS, REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE PERSECUTED FOR OUR BELIEFS. WE HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD WHO GET THEIR HANDS AMPUTATED FOR BEING CAUGHT WITH GOD'S HOLY WORD. GOD BLESS THEM!!!

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

ALWAYS,

IN THE SHADOW OF HIM

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A Loyal Soldier
"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ"
2 Timothy 2:3

A soldier does not let himself be bothered about the things of this world, so he may please his captain.

amen KnowHim

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 14 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Loyal Soldier
"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ"
2 Timothy 2:3

The first requirement of the worker is discipline voluntarily entered into. It is easy to be passionate, easy to be thrilled by spiritual influences, but it takes a heart in love with Jesus Christ to put the feet in His footprints, and to square the life to a steady going “up to Jerusalem” with Him. Discipline is the one thing the modern Christian knows nothing of, we won’t stand discipline nowadays. God has given me an experience of His life and grace, therefore I am a law unto myself.

The discipline of a worker is not in order to develop his own life, but for the purposes of his Commander. The reason there is so much failure is because we forget that we are here for that one thing, loyalty to Jesus Christ; otherwise we have no business to have taken the vows of God upon us. If a soldier is not prepared to be killed, he has no business to have enlisted as a soldier. The only way to keep true to God is by a steady persistent refusal to be interested in Christian work and to be interested alone in Jesus Christ.

Our Lord Himself is the example of a disciplined life. He lived a holy life by sacrificing Himself to His Father; His words and His thinking were holy because He submitted His intelligence to His Father’s word, and He worked the works of God because He steadily submitted His will to His Father’s will; and as is the Master, so is the disciple.

Chambers, Oswald,
Approved unto God, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c1936.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement