Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » TRUSTING JESUS

Author Topic: TRUSTING JESUS
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello folks;

Good post esp like:

quote:
Trusting JESUS brings peace. GOD's peace is totally different from anything this world has to offer. True peace is not found in positive thinking, or in the absence of conflict, or in the presence of good feelings. Peace comes from knowing JESUS and the HE is in control. Our citizenship in HIS kingdom is sure, our eternal life is set , and we can have victory over sin. Let GOD's peace guard your heart against the anxiety and worry this world offers.
Hebrews Chapter 4 entering into that rest..amen

Thanks KnowHim

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 16 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TRUSTING JESUS

Philippians 4: 4-7

"Rejoice in the LORD always. I will say it again: REJOICE! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The LORD is near. Do not be anxious (worry) about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to GOD. And the peace of GOD, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in JESUS."

One of my favorite hymns speaks of trusting JESUS every day, even when my faith is small.

JESUS has a purpose for our not becoming anxious or worried. Worry causes physical problems that therefore, knowing this HE gave us these verses and others in HIS Word that gives us alternative ways of doing things.

First, why worry does it change anything. The answer to that in NO. The only consequence of worry is physical and emotional problems.
Can you imagine never being "anxious about anything"! It seems like an impossibility--we all have worries on the job, in our homes, at school. But Paul's advice is to turn our worries into prayers. Do you want to worry less? Then pray more!

In verse 4, the key to this letter is sounded again. The verb form in Greek is a imperative. We need to Rejoice in JESUS! It should be a natural occurrence however, we have a lot of believers who aren't showing their trust in JESUS and aren't showing the joy that HE gives. Joy is a gift and fruit of the Holy Spirit. If we don't have joy in our salvation why not? Are you like David in sin and needing to renew the commitment you made to JESUS. Forgiveness of sin is a key to having JOY in your life as a believer as well as being able to rejoice. How can you rejoice in the LORD if you have no JOY, And how can you have Joy if you have unconfessed sin in your life. These are like oil and water they just don't mix. You need to get off the cage wheel of defeat and confess ask forgiveness for the sin in your life take back the joy of your salvation and then REJOICE in the LORD.

In verse 5, Paul makes a statement "let your gentleness or forbearance or softness, moderation, considerateness, magnanimity be evident to all."
How many people can you honestly say express the disposition, which contented themselves with less than was due them and shrank from insisting on their rights. It expresses a mind-set opposed to the eager overrating of personal worth or objects and opposed to the arrogance that insists on its will. The word describes the attitude, which forgets self in favor of others and willingly, yields purely personal claims. It denotes the spirit that enables a believer to bear injuries with patience and to resist demanding all that is rightly their due. When we we ever get to that point. I only knew one person other than our LORD like that. I didn't realize this until I started preparing this but in looking back over the years I see a man that did exactly this. He took what people gave him and graciously prayed and thanked them. Even if he was due more in respect or position this man was gentle to all people. I thank JESUS that I had an example to understand the true meaning of this verse of Scripture. Perhaps you can be that meaning for someone else.

Trusting JESUS brings peace. GOD's peace is totally different from anything this world has to offer. True peace is not found in positive thinking, or in the absence of conflict, or in the presence of good feelings. Peace comes from knowing JESUS and the HE is in control. Our citizenship in HIS kingdom is sure, our eternal life is set , and we can have victory over sin. Let GOD's peace guard your heart against the anxiety and worry this world offers.

Submitted by
Mary Fillinger

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement