Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » TAKE A STAND FOR ISRAEL!

Author Topic: TAKE A STAND FOR ISRAEL!
Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great SoftTouch. What a powerful witness to our brothers and sisters in Isreal! I will be praying for their saftey. I am glad all it well with you! [Prayer]

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi My Bro!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but we have a group of folks from my congregation who are going to Israel in August to give their support to the Israeli troops by volunteering to pack up supplies, visit wounded soldiers and famlies of homicide bombers. This is highly unusual as the Israeli government doesn't usually allow Messianic folks to do this, but as of last year they approved our congregation (*\o/* Yea! Praise God!)

I've been spending my time making decorated boxes and birdhouses to sell at a flea market we're putting on this Sunday to raise funds to send the folks to Israel.

I'd really appreciate it if any who feel so moved would pray for the safety of these folks, and that the Lord would use their willingness to put themselves in danger as a Strong Witness for our Messiah to these lost sheep of Israel.

It's amazing... last year so many soldiers and family members were moved to tears that non-Jews and Messianic American Jews would do this for them. They all asked "why?"... of course the answer is MESSIAH YESHUA! What A Witness!!! Several folks were lead to the Lord this way!!! [clap2]

So, hopefully after Sunday, I'll be back with my full attention [Smile]

I Love You All My Brothers and Sisters!

In Messiah,
Deb

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post SoftTouch! I haven't seen ya much lately. Hope all is well with ya! Take care!

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take A Stand For Israel – Ask President Bush Not to put off moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem.

The most amazing prophecy in history concerning the end times and the return of the Messiah happened 56 years ago!

"A nation shall be born in a day."

The rebirth of the nation of Israel in 1948 is the most significant prophetic event to happen in our generation. Many believe it is the doorway through which we will enter before the Final Trumpet sounds:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore, comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

Our nation has been greatly blessed by God Almighty because of blessing Israel by recognizing its prophetic rebirth. As a nation the heart of whose leadership has historically been turned by the hand of God, America's commitment to Israel has made our country a key to the door of prophetic events.

Vice-President Harry S. Truman was sworn in as President of the United States on January 20, 1945. His love for the Bible (he had read it twice through by age twelve) gave him a natural inclination to favor "God's chosen people" in their quest for a safe homeland.

Another factor that would influence Truman's support of Zionism was the plight of the remainder of the Jews in Europe. When the Nazis were finally defeated, the death camps were liberated. The world was not only shocked by what had been done to these people, but over the months that followed were also shocked about what was to be done with them in their "liberation."

Thus it was, that on May 14, 1948, as the U.N. struggled to come to a new consensus on what should happen in Palestine, the last British high commissioner of Palestine, General Sir Alan Cunningham, lowered the British colors from in front of Government House and made his way to the H.M.S. Euryalus which would leave Haifa at midnight with the last units of his civil government. That afternoon, the Jewish State council convened at Museum Hall in Tel Aviv and declared the State of Israel would begin at midnight. Midnight in Israel was 6:00 PM in Washington.

A year or so after Truman recognized Israel, the Chief Rabbi of Israel met with him. He told Truman, "God put you in your mother's womb so you would be the instrument to bring about Israel's rebirth after two thousand years." Truman wept. Ben-Gurion recounted a similar experience when he met him in New York. "His eyes were still wet when he bade me good-bye," Ben-Gurion later wrote. He had to hold the President so that he could recollect himself before he went out to face the cameras of the press.

YOU, too, have an opportunity to influence a President of the United States. YOU, too, can make a stand for Jerusalem today.

Ask President Bush NOT to sign another waiver of the Jerusalem Embassy Relocation Act. [URL] http://tool.donation-net.net/entrance/enter.cfm?dn=1032&source=2021&id=85382&commid=10603776&CFID=5058190&CFTOKEN=295691[/URL]

If you have already signed, thank you! Please forward this message to your friends and ask them to send a message to President Bush, now.

America needs God's blessings now more than ever! America and Israel are in the crosshairs of every terrorist organization around the world. Anti-Semitism and anti-Americanism are escalating at an alarming pace.

In 1995, the 104th Congress passed public law 104/45, the Jerusalem Embassy Act. This public law recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and allocates $25 million to move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

Every year since then, the President has signed a waiver prohibiting the law from going into effect. President Bush must stand with Israel and refuse to sign the waiver. America's national security cannot depend on continued negotiations with terrorists.

Please urge President Bush today to allow the Jerusalem Embassy Act to pass into law.

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! In less than one month - on June 14, 2004, the Jerusalem Embassy Act will be placed on President Bush's desk.

We must not touch prophecy! Ask President Bush, today, NOT to sign a waiver, and to move the American Embassy to Jerusalem.

Vote in favor of the Word of God, and the God of the Word...the God who breathed on the dry bones, and "they did live." Please appeal to President Bush NOT to waive the Jerusalem Embassy Relocation Act.
Jews have died in the past week - one an American Jew who was beheaded in Iraq, and six in Israel (whose body parts were shown on Arab television, including the head of one of the young men.)

In the wake of these atrocities, the Arab world is pressuring Bush to offer up Jerusalem as an appeasement for America's "sins" in the Middle East.
President Bush must not give in to their demands. National security adviser Condoleezza Rice is scheduled to meet with Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia as early as next Tuesday. Attempts are underway to revive the Road Map - which would mean that all lands pre-1967 would go to the terrorists, and five million so-called refugees -some of them terrorists - would be allowed to return to Israeli territory, and roam the streets freely, and killing Jews at will.
Please stand with Israel and sign our letter to President Bush now!

For Jerusalem's Sake,
Michael D. Evans

Again, to sign the petition to Pres. Bush, please click here:
Ask President Bush NOT to sign another waiver of the Jerusalem Embassy Relocation Act. [URL] http://tool.donation-net.net/entrance/enter.cfm?dn=1032&source=2021&id=85382&commid=10603776&CFID=5058190&CFTOKEN=295691[/URL]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement