Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Ariel Sharon is just as bad as Yassar.

Author Topic: Ariel Sharon is just as bad as Yassar.
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Alstad:
On the other hand, National Israel does not allow freedom of Christians to proselize converts, either. They need Christian national support for their expansion efforts, and are getting it. This, however, does not make it good or right.

Chris Alstad
www.CMM3.com

Hi Chris,

Fortunately, the proposed 1997 anti-missionary bill prohibiting proselytizing in Israel never passed, thanks to actions taken by then Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in 1998. It is important to note that this proposed bill was a privately sponsored initiative, and was not supported by the Israeli government.

In his letter to Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, Prime Minister Netanyahu said in regard to the proposed bill, "Let me assure you again that Israel will pass no laws which limit freedom of religion and contravene the international conventions to which it is a signatory." ADL had expressed concern to the Prime Minister about the bill’s implications on civil liberties and religious freedom in Israel.

Considering the past history of anti-Semitism (primarily by the Roman Catholic Church) resulting in the murders of countless Jews, it is certainly understandable that the good intentions and loving motives of many Christian missionaries would be misunderstood and viewed with confusion, skepticism and doubt by some.

Jewish evangelists, such as Zola Levitt, Jerry Golden, and others, are presently headquartered in Israel for the sole purpose of actively conducting their ministry to the Jews. To my knowledge, they haven't been restricted in any way. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Sources: http://www.adl.org/PresRele/IslME_62/3180_62.asp
http://www.adl.org/../presrele/islme_62/3166_62.asp
http://www.levitt.com/newsletters/1997-07.html

Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Chris Alstad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In some ways I agree, but history also bears out the fact that the moslem religion is not a religion of peace. They propogate their religion by two methods, One. by co-mingling (migration) and by war. They may be peaceful at first sight, and I believe some are, however, history has recorded massive wars in order to advance their religion.

On the other hand, National Israel does not allow freedom of Christians to proselize converts, either. They need Christian national support for their expansion efforts, and are getting it. This, however, does not make it good or right.

Chris Alstad
www.CMM3.com

Posts: 68 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limey boosk
Community Member
Member # 1866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limey boosk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My concern is not just for christians. Any person who wants to live in peace whether they be christian or muslim has my support. Just because a small child is brough up under the tutor of islam, that does not condem them in my eyes.

many christians lived a normal life in Iraq, not many people know that.

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Chris Alstad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Joy: you are absolutely right, the moslem religion is a tyranical religion. It is, in my opinion, an abomination of the earth. Yet, how should Christians deal with them? We oppose their teachings and hope for their conversion to Christianity. However, if the Jews and the Moslem religions want to kill each other, who can stop them. My concern is for the suffering Christians of both sides, who are killed and maimed in the crossfires of both. Both religions deal with their problems with the 'eye for eye' principle. This leads to a vicious cycle of reprisals that never ends. In the end each side may destroy the other.

Chris Alstad
www.CMM3.com

Posts: 68 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, all Christians living in the Middle East (including those of Arabic ancestry) are subject to the Muslim concept of "dhimmitude", which calls for their submission and servility, in exchange for their insured survival in Arab culture. In a nutshell, what this amounts to is spiritual and cultural enslavement; they are nothing more than a tolerated second class of people.

Yes the Christians are afforded "protection" under Islam - in exchange for a heavy burden of taxation only they must bear. But why would Christians need such "protection" to begin with? Because without it, their "peaceful" "tolerant" Muslim neighbors would be obliged to convert them or kill them all!

Thus Islam poses as both tormenter and savior of a tiny fearful minority. And this is how the Muslims have always operated, in many lands across history. In the States, of course, this scheme would be termed a protection racket - and they would be dealt with severely by law enforcement and our criminal courts.

For more details, see "Caliphate Dreams", http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=11231

Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

Christians have been mislead, it is not their fault to an extent. Most Christian leadership is pro-Israel, I am no favorite of the Moslem religion. But both commit atrocities on the other. Israel steals the palestinians land and then they return the favor. The 'eye for an eye' code of which both live by. Christians have been so brainwashed by their leaders, they hardly think for themselves. To bad. Evil is evil. There are many Palestine Christians who are hurt in this melee. American Christians should be concerned for them, but they are not. To bad.
limey boosk
Community Member
Member # 1866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limey boosk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. On some forums, if you say you disagree with Israeli policy of forcing families and children out of their houses, then dulldozing it, you get accused of being anti-semitic.

My view is that BOTH sides are in the wrong. To find a solution this must be in our minds. The fact is that Israeli troops have in the past commited acts opon children just as discusting as the Palestinians. i remember seeing a program where an israeli officer had shot a school girl in the head as she studied. It was an act of evil.

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Alstad
Advanced Member
Member # 2534

You are right, they are both tyrants. Each live by the code of an 'eye for an eye'. The endless circle of violence. My concern is for the Christians on each side. They get left out by everyone.

Chris Alstad
www.CMM3.com

limey boosk
Community Member
Member # 1866

The leader of Israel has pulled off some gross acts of murder in his time. I don't care if it is performed on muslims. They are still people, and murder is wrong in my eyes.

Both Palestine and Israel are headed by tyrants. As soon as the west comes to believe this the sooner a settlement can be obtained.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement