Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein & Ramon Baca

Author Topic: Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein & Ramon Baca
Noel
Advanced Member
Member # 71

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Noel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 14, 2003

Dear Friend of Israel:

Hello from Jerusalem, the eternal capital of Israel. As always, it is good to be here, especially during the warm and vibrant fall holiday season.

I am filled with excitement and anticipation as The Fellowship's Day of Prayer and Solidarity with Israel on October 26 comes near. It is profoundly gratifying to know that so many Christians in America who love Israel will join their hearts and their prayers together to ask God's blessing and protection on this land that He gave to Abraham and His descendants "as an eternal possession."

While we have set far-reaching goals for the number of churches and individual Christians we hope will participate in this year's Day of Prayer, the most important thing, of course, is that we truly pray for Israel. For God has given us an amazing promise: "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" (Jeremiah 33:3).

The wonderful groundswell of support that has arisen for our Stand for Israel program and Day of Prayer over the past year or so has been incredible. I cannot imagine a stronger or more effective movement on Israel's behalf than millions of people - Christians and Jews alike - lifting up their prayers for God's blessing on this ancient land and people.

One of my prayers is that the upcoming Day of Prayer with Israel will bring into even sharper focus the recognition that Israel needs the ongoing support of her Christian friends in America. The Bible teaches us to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" (Psalm 122:6), and promises that those who bless Israel will themselves be blessed (Genesis 12:3).

In this spirit, I deeply believe that individual Christians and committed churches can make a real difference and play a critical role in strengthening Israel.

Please help to ensure that this vital Day of Prayer will have a lasting impact for good upon Israel. I hope you will set aside time on October 26 to pray for Israel in a special way. The Fellowship also needs and appreciates your powerful support throughout the year as we seek to fulfill the biblical command, "Comfort ye, comfort ye, my people."

I look forward to sharing more opportunities for prayer and partnership with you in the days ahead. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your encouraging friendship.

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein
President and Founder
Jerusalem

A Slap In G-d's Face!

Ramon Baca Washington USA ( 5 Oct 2003)
ezekiel33graphics@hotmail.com

Shalom,
as news of the latest mass murder of Jewish people filters through the media, the same broken record sounds out, "we, they, or I, condemn this terrorist attack in the strongest terms or words possible." The record is that, just words, without any meaning, period. It is time for words to stop & let actions speak. I am sick & tired of the world community, including my own country, America, for hindering Israel from being a sovereign Nation. America is supposedly a Christian Nation & G-d holds us accountable as a witness. He is called the G-d of Israel over 200 times in the bible, not to mention the G-d of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob many times over. What we have allowed has not been hidden from G-d. We serve a G-d of grace & love. He is full of mercy & compassion & we better start realizing that this mercy & compassion extended first to the Jew's. This roadmap is a slap in the face to our living G-d & every Christian better wake up to this fact. The truth of the matter is that America has blood on their hands stemming from Oslo & this ungodly roadmap. My question to my christian brother's & sister's is what are you doing about it? It is time to take an indepth inventory & let the Ruach Ha Kodesh shed some light on what you can do to help our Jewish Branch. If not, what will it take for you to act, one of your own children to die at the hands of a terrorist? If we as christian's continue to be passive, the chances of this happening only multiply. 9-11 can happen again, but this time it could be in your own backyard!
http://www.jpost.com/Letters/45170.html

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein & Ramon Bacca

Posts: 41 | From: KY | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement