Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Open Letter to President Bush

Author Topic: Open Letter to President Bush
Daughter Of Sarah
First Post
Member # 1608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daughter Of Sarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
(Galatians 3:29)

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Who has been a blessing to ALL Nations?
Who has spread the Gospel to All Nations?

Posts: 1 | From: midwest | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
setfree
Community Member
Member # 1359

Icon 16 posted      Profile for setfree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 12:1-3).
“Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan… And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee” (Genesis 13:12, 14-17).

Abraham and his seed are much greater than simply the current Israel. I take the promise literally and that means that every descendent of Abraham can claim that promise. Every area of land that any organized descendents of Abraham, Isaac and Israel set up camp in becomes part of that promise... Lots and lots of land. Oh and the descendents of all 12 tribes (13 for nitpickers) can claim it. [clap2]

--------------------
The Truth will set You Free. Make sure you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Posts: 15 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mr. President:

This is to address your statement broadcast June 4, 2003 on The Shephard Report, Fox News. You said, “The Holy Land must be shared by a Palestinian state and the state of Israel.”

I must with all the gravity I can muster ask: When did God change His mind about this? Or do you and those who are proposing the “Road Map to Peace” read a Bible that’s different from mine?

The Lord has written no other book as His love letter to mankind of which I’m aware. There is only one such Book. I’m confident that you believe the Bible is the Word of the Living God. Here are just a few things that God, the Creator of everything that is, says in regard to His promises to His chosen people, the Jews:

“Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 12:1-3).
“Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan… And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee” (Genesis 13:12, 14-17).

“In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates” (Genesis 15:18).

“And God said unto [Jacob], I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee [Jacob] I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land” (Genesis 35:11-12).

“The Holy Land must be shared by a Palestinian state and the state of Israel,” you said, Mr. President. Really?
Regarding how long His love for Israel and His promises for Israel are to be in effect, the Word of God says:

“Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD” (Jeremiah 31:35-37).

Have you and the folks at State been talking to the Lord and convinced Him to change His Mind about whose land it is?

“Canaan” is where Abraham was standing when God promised him: “Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates…”

If the geographers at State will but check, Mr. President, they will find that the ancient area of Canaan included most all of the region, not the sliver of land Abraham’s seed now call their nation, Israel.

Sir, if you’ve found a new covenant document between God and Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that says Israel is to share this region with Palestinians –or any other people, for that matter--please ask Mr. Powell or someone to produce it. We fundamentalist Bible thumpers will then shut up, as a member of the State Department diplomatic corps has demanded.

You are a good man, Mr. President, and worthy to hold the office. You have the potential to become a truly great president. Your legacy might well be determined by the Words God Almighty told Abraham: “I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee.” We pray that God’s blessing be upon you, Mr. President.

Respectfully,

Terry James

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement