Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Israel and the Last Days

Author Topic: Israel and the Last Days
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel as the focus of Bible prophecy in the last days. What follows is a brief look at the remarkable prophetic path that the Jewish people have traveled since the first century.

The Word of Prophecy: “For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee… And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another…” Luke 19:43-44

The Record of History: Jerusalem was leveled flush with the ground by the Romans in 70 AD. The Word of Prophecy: “...ye shall be plucked from off the land... And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other.” Deuteronomy 28:63-64

The Word of Prophecy: With the destruction of Jerusalem the Jews were carried captive into the nations in 70-135 AD. The Word of Prophecy: “And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind; And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and... thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life.” Deuteronomy 28:65-67

The Record of History: The epithet “The wandering Jew” became a by-word to describe the Jewish persecutions for 1900 years on virtually every continent—a people without a national homeland.

The Word of Prophecy: "Then the LORD your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the LORD your God has scattered you. If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the LORD your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. And the LORD your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers". Deuteronomy 30-3-5

The Record of History: This promise was fulfilled in the years surrounding
1948, and continues still.

The Word of Prophecy: Then it will happen on that day that the Lord Will again recover the second time with His hand The remnant of His people, who will remain, From Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Cush, Elam, Shinar, Hamath, And from the islands of the sea. And He will lift up a standard for the nations, And will assemble the banished ones of Israel, And will gather the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth. The first return of the Jews to the land of Israel was from Babylonian captivity 2500 years ago.

The Record of History: The entering of the Hebrews under Joshua after the Exodus from Egypt was not a return, but the first possession of the land (Joshua 1:2). Therefore, the declaration of the State of Israel in 1948 was the second return, and the fulfillment of Isaiah 11, where the Jews have returned literally from “the four corners of the earth.”

The Word of Prophecy: “...and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold
a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. And when I beheld,
lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them
above…Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of
Israel.” Ezekiel 37:7-8;11

The Record of History: The return of the Jews to their land was a process of events called “aliyahs” (to go up), which began in 1882 with six of them culminating in the State of Israel in 1948, the coming together of the “bones” into the “whole house of Israel.”

The Word of Prophecy: "Therefore behold, days are coming," declares the
LORD, "when it will no longer be said, 'As the LORD lives, who brought up the
sons of Israel out of the land of Egypt,' but, 'As the LORD lives, who
brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the
countries where He had banished them.' For I will restore them to their own
land which I gave to their fathers. Jeremiah 16:14-15

The Record of History: The return of the Jews to the land of Israel is an
even greater miracle than their recovery from slavery in Egypt, and the
accompanying Red Sea miracle. It is a modern-day miracle declared in advance
to be a bona-fide miracle attesting to the existence of God (“'As the LORD
lives’”).

The Word of Prophecy: Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will lift up My hand to the nations, And set up My standard to the peoples; And they will bring your sons in their bosom, And your daughters will be carried on their shoulders. And kings will be your guardians, And their princesses your nurses. Isaiah 49:22-23.

The Record of History: Many have protested “But this is no miracle— the Jews have had help from various nations (especially the U.S.) in their return to the land of Israel and in building their state!” However, as is clear throughout the Bible, God uses people (just as He did in the first return from Babylon) to carry out His purposes. The cause of the Jews has been proclaimed to the extent that the UN supported the declaration of statehood in 1948 (“set up My standard to the peoples”). They have been transported by the US, Britain, and others (“they will bring your sons in their bosom, And your daughters will be carried on their shoulders”). They have received military and security aid from the US and others (“kings will be your guardians”). And they have received healthcare and economic aid to bring the new State of Israel to maturity (“their princesses your nurses”).

The Word of Prophecy: ‘But you, O mountains of Israel, you will put forth your branches and bear your fruit for My people Israel; for they will soon come. For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be cultivated and sown. And I will multiply men on you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities will be inhabited, and the waste places will be rebuilt. And I will multiply on you man and beast; and they will increase and be fruitful; and I will cause you to be inhabited as you were formerly and will treat you better than at the first. Thus you will know that I am the LORD. Yes, I will cause men--My people Israel--to walk on you and possess you, so that you will become their inheritance and never again bereave them of children.' Ezekiel 36:8-12

The Record of History: The land of Israel has for the past 50 years borne its produce and blossomed from its soil unlike anytime in the past 1900 years. Its cities have emerged from the rocks and its population has swollen by 10 times since 1948.

The Word of Prophecy: "Because you have had everlasting enmity and have
delivered the sons of Israel to the power of the sword at the time of their
calamity, at the time of the punishment of the end…” Ezekiel 35:5

The Record of History: The perpetual violence toward Israel at the hand of
its Arab neighbors is a matter of public record.

The Word of Prophecy: “They have said, ‘Come, and let us wipe them out as a
nation, That the name of Israel be remembered no more.’ For they have conspired together with one mind; Against Thee do they make a covenant: The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab, and the Hagrites; Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; Assyria also has joined with them… “ Psalm 83:4-8

The Record of History: These are the Arab nations which surround Israel, i.e., Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc., and are today militantly against Israel.

The Word of Prophecy: Thus says the Lord GOD, "Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Edom, who appropriated My land for themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and with scorn of soul, to drive it out for a prey…[and] you have endured the insults of the nations.' Ezekiel 36:5

The Record of History: The nations continue to force Israel to divide up and
give away its land as the price for peace, all the while cursing the Jewish
people in the hope of driving them into the sea.

The Word of Prophecy: “…Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the
Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.” Luke 21:24

The Record of History: Jerusalem has been “trampled under foot” for over 1900 years since this prophecy was first given by the Lord Jesus Christ. Then in 1967 came the miracle deliverance of Jerusalem into the hands of the Jews (where it will remain until the 2nd Coming of Jesus according to Zechariah 14:1-3). This was a partial fulfillment of the prophecy, but complete
fulfillment will come only when the Dome of the Rock is removed and the Holiest of Holies in a rebuilt Temple is delivered from the profane presence of the Antichrist at the return of Jesus. As long as the Dome of the Rock idolatrous shrine, the “third most holy site of the Muslims,” remains on the Temple Mount, then Jerusalem will still essentially be “trampled under foot
by the Gentiles.” (see Revelation 11:1-2)

The Word of Prophecy: "Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that
causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against
Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah. And it will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the
nations of the earth will be gathered against it. Zechariah 12:3

The Record of History: Today neither the UN or the world’s most powerful nations can handle the impregnable problem outlined daily in the headlines of the world concerning Israel and Mid East peace, and the whole problem is centered on Jerusalem as the holy site of three of the world’s great religions— Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.

The Word of Prophecy: “... but there was no breath in them [the “dry bones” of Israel].” Ezekiel 37:8

The Record of History: The Jews today have no spiritual “breath.” They have returned to the land in unbelief (see Zephaniah 2:1), without faith in their Messiah Jesus. We trust you can see why we feel led of the Lord to proclaim this word of prophecy,

The Lord is near! Mat. 24:33

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement