Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Maps don't Lie

Author Topic: Maps don't Lie
Wetshoes
Advanced Member
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wetshoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if anyone else noticed an irony in Bush's speach following the 9/11 attack! He gave his speach from the treaty room! He even made comment to that fact as he prefaced his speach! Surrounding him on every wall, is every treaty that the United States has broken! If you go to Washington, you are not even allowed to go into that room unless you submit a request and are approved! I just cringe over the trite, cavalier approach our country takes in regard to God's people! I am convinced that the United States would abandon Israel, if it should serve a purpose. Would the U.S. interviene as with Kuwait, against aggretion, if our intervention is pitted against our oil supply should we take a stand on thier behalf? I tend to think that America is about America, with no resolve what so ever to divine providence! I tremble for our country, because there is a principle, that one that would stand on God and any other thing, the two will separate forcing us to stand on what we are most sure off! For this country, that assurance is prosperity, not providence!

Love John

--------------------
WoodStoneSteel@hotmail.com

Posts: 279 | From: San Diego County California | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats truly amazing when you see the map, just how small the land of Israel is compared to the Arabian nations around them.. But God is with them.

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yochanan
Advanced Member
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yochanan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here http://www.iris.org.il/sizemaps/arabwrld.htm is another map that will put things in perspective.

--------------------
Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with [my] whole heart. (Ps. 119:34)

Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim
Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem

Posts: 61 | From: Rising Star, The Republic of Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok i see , and i thought so...

but why wont he move it to Jerusalem..because it would offend the arabs??? [dunce]

O I C [Razz]

[Wink]
the light bulb just went off in my head... Oil - Black Gold - Texas Tea,,.. [eek]

The wheels of my mind sometimes need a little oil ..LOL [rotate]
[thumbsup]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noel
Advanced Member
Member # 71

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Noel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush Keeps delaying moving the Embasy to Jerusalem
Reckon He knows it will be blown up! [Roll Eyes]
IF its good enough for Jews its good enough for Americans! Not!

Posts: 41 | From: KY | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Barry,

There is an embassy in Israel it is in
Tel Aviv.

[hmm]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 20 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.. So there is an embassy in Israel, but just not in Jerusalem..or their is NO embassy at all?

--------------------

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Barry,

I recall one of Bush's campaign
promises was to move the US embassy to Jerusalem. [Confused]

I sure don't see that happening any time soon... [uhoh]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow i did not know a lot of that knowhim..

i would say that there are a lot of US cits. that do not know there is no US embassy there.. is that right?

THe US govt has an agenda here does it not... [uhoh]

Better watch out.. [Roll Eyes]

IHS
Barry

--------------------

Noel
Advanced Member
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another Good Map url- We Keep exceeding the bandwith on this one, but the first of the month you can usually get to it!
Maps of Conflict

Posts: 41 | From: KY | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

-  -
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maps don't Lie

-

Israel (in yellow), is a democratic nation 1/19th the size of California, surrounded by 21 hostile Islamic dictatorships with 640 times her size, 60 times over her population and ALL the oil. How dare Arab propagandists call Israel "expansionist!" And how dare anyone believe them! How can Israel, which occupies one-sixth of one percent of the lands called Arab, be responsible for the political dissatisfaction of 21 Arab countries? How can the 13 million Jews in the world (almost 5 million fewer than they were in 1939!) be blamed for the problems of the 250 million Arabs, who have brotherly ties to one billion Muslims worldwide?
Israel is an oasis of Western Democracy and Judeo/Christian morality in the middle of an otherwise totalitarian Mid East. For over 53 years, Israel has sought peaceful coexistence with neighbors dedicated to her destruction.

-

Israel would fit INSIDE nearly every U.S. state! In fact, tiny Israel would fit into the United States (Alaska & Hawaii included) 768 times! The United States is a country surrounded by two vast oceans and two friendly countries, Canada and Mexico. Yet the United States Government has the nerve to tell Israel what it must, and must not do, for its own survival and in the name of "Middle East Peace." Keep in mind that the United States has still not placed its U.S. Embassy in Israel's 3,000 year old capitol city of Jerusalem so as not to "offend" the Arab Worlds' collective sensitivities! Well, I say it's about time someone root out those devils in the State Department!

Israel is one of the tiniest nations on the face of the earth... only about 8,000 sq. miles, 2½ times the size of Rhode Island and only slightly larger than the Canary Islands!. It is only 260 miles at its longest, 60 miles at its widest, and 9 miles at its narrowest! A very high-powered rifle could launch a projectile right across the country! This is particularly frightening when one considers that 65% of Israel's population is within this 9 mile wide section (Tel Aviv area). Yet Arab propagandists call Israel "expansionist" and the "aggressor" against all Arab peoples. For those unfamiliar with the Arab interpretation of "aggressor," it means either one who dares fight back against Arab aggression!! So even though Israel may have fought only defensive wars, the mere fact that she had the nerve to "fight back" at all is viewed as an "act of aggression." That's a case of whacky logic but, unfortunately, Israel doesn't have the luxury of picking her enemies!

-

-

Look at the above-left map. If Arafat and his Jew-murdering, terrorist thugs ever take possession of Judea-Samaria ("West Bank") and Gaza and call it their State, how will these two SEPARATE land areas (Jud-Sam. + Gaza) be connected? Will there be some underground tunnel? Some overhead bridge? Or will the Arabs simply demand a land corridor connecting these areas...and, in the process, cut Israel right in half! This is a prescription for Israel's suicide and the Arabs know it!

No nation is required to arrange her own suicide. Any peace-making must be at the negotiating table and not upon an autopsy table! If Israel were to turn over Land of this magnitude, they would be signing they own death certificates. The Arabs of Palestine will just have to find some other place to pitch their tents... perhaps in one of the 24 Arab Nations that surround Israel!

Credit : www.masada2000.org

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement