Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » I thought I'd waited too long

Author Topic: I thought I'd waited too long
Stophie
Community Member
Member # 5516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stophie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, wow! That was a wonderfuly testimony! That really touched me! Thanks for sharing. [Smile]
Posts: 13 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that scripture Disiple56 - great testimony!! [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Disiple56,

That is a powerful testimony. Thanks for sharing. God Bless you.

I am so glad you are here! [clap2] You really got to know how much God loves you. I can't wait to read more of your posts. [Smile]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disiple56
Member # 5509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disiple56   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't always a christian. I wasn't saved until I was 44 years old. I smoked dope. I drank like a fish. I chased women. I did it all. Eventually I began to realize how empty and worthless my life had become. All of the things I thought would be all fun and freedom had turned out to be all misery and bondage.
I began to seek God. I prayed and prayed. It seemed like my prayers were going nowhere. I had been close to God when I was 14. That had lasted about a week. I had decided that I wanted to party instead. Now that I wanted..., needed God, it seemed like he didn't want me. I grew desperate. At one point I pulled into a church parking lot and fell on my face crying. The church was closed and it seemed heaven was, too.
A couple of days later I found myself in a christian book store, still praying silently....still seeking. I prayed, "Lord, if there is no hope for me.... If I've gone too far and can't be saved, take me out of the world now. But if there is hope... If you will take me back... PLEASE... let me know...give me some kind of sign".
At that moment I saw a bible on the shelf with a book mark in it. I opened it to where it was marked and this was what it said.

Isaiah 54:7-10 "For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back. In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the LORD your Redeemer. "To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again. Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you."

Since that day God has poured out his love on me in a way that is so wonderful I can't put it into words.

Posts: 3 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement